Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We no longer have the warm cookies but we do have some rather delicious biscuits.
BlueThroughCrimp and stewaran like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:41 pm
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
LGW-MCO Club World next week. It's my first LH from LGW with the new catering and i'm looking forward to it...

Starters

• Scottish Artison Smoked Salmon with Cereriac Remoularde & Brown Prawns
  • Baked Lemon Scented Asparagus, Croxton Manor Goats Curd, Roasted Garlic & Truffle Mayonnaise
  • Celery & Stilton Soup
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with Dressing

Main

• Marinated Butter Chicken with Khichidi Rice & Cumin Scented Cauliflower
  • Garlic & Thyme Roasted British Fillet Steak with Bordelaise Sauce & Brown Beech Mushrooms
  • Rigatoni Cheese with Herbed Sunblushed Tomato Crumb Topping

Dessert

• Lemon & Blackcurrant Delice
  • Selection of Fresh Seasonal Berries
  • Sticky Toffee Pudding with Warmed Crème Anglaise
  • Selection of Cheeses - Belton Fox Farm Red, Normandy Camembert, Wendleydale Blue With Thyme Scented Walnuts & Apple Jelly
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:47 pm
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
LHR-LAX Club World last week of April...

Starters

• Chicken and wild mushroom terrine, sweetcorn puree and chargrilled ciabatta
  • Croxton Manor cheddar and spring onion cheesecake with sweet cucumber pickled
  • Spinach and watercress soup with thyme croutons
  • Seasonal salad leaves with vegetable slaw served with your choice of Balsamic Dressing or Pesto Dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef with roasted potatoes, parsnips and horseradish jus
  • Corn-fed chicken breast with crushed new potatoes, ratatouille and green beans
  • Ricotta tortellini with pea velouté, chargrilled asparagus and black olives

Dessert

• Gateau opera
  • Lemon, blackcurrant and almond cremeux
  • Warm sticky toffee and date pudding with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Blueberries and raspberries
  • Belton Farm Red Fox,Normandy Camembert, Wensleydale Blue served with pecan nuts, biscuit and Quince Jelly
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

If we are in F but we like what we see ( or read) on the menu in Club...can we ask for a main from CW? The food just seems less fussy.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by david55
If we are in F but we like what we see ( or read) on the menu in Club...can we ask for a main from CW? The food just seems less fussy.
Nope.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic

Nope.
Darn.... I don't even recognize half the descriptive ingredients in F. They don't have as many adjectives in Club.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by CTV
LGW-MCO Club World
Starters
  • Scottish Artison Smoked Salmon with Cereriac Remoularde & Brown Prawns
Brown prawns? Is there such a thing? I know brown shrimps, perfect for shrimp croquettes but brown prawn?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:34 pm

F Menu SEA-LHR ( next week)

C a n a p é s
Togarashi spiced prawn with mango, roasted tomato with fennel, smoked duck
with Spanish chorizo

A p p e t i s e r s
Lime poached halibut
avocado, tomatillo, olive
Pierre Poivre crusted smoked breast of duck
truffled bacon potato salad
Marinated chanterelle mushroom toast
olive oil fried bread, mushroom cream
Sweetcorn velouté
jalapeño goat’s cheese cornbread crostini, smoked paprika oil
Seasonal mixed leaf salad
spicy lemon vinaigrette or creamy honey mustard dressing

E n t r é e s
Marrow-roasted fillet of beef
shichimi togarashi butter, charred lime, scallion
Pan-seared Chilean seabass
roasted baby fennel, roasted jus
Roasted veal loin
broccolini, cherry tomato ragoût
Gorgonzola and fig agnolotti
celery root cream, caramelised pear, toasted pecans

S e l e c t i o n o f S i d e s
Potato au gratin, roasted baby red beets, grilled kabocha squash
D i n n e r
Warm bakery selection served with butter and the first DNA certified extra virgin olive oil
Vubia from Castello Monte Vibiano, Umbria.

C h e e s e
Middlebury Blue
A good balance of salty and sweet, a little bit sour, with barnyard, caramel and wet hay notes
near the rind contrasting nicely with the milky, creamy interior and the slight peppery, briny bite
of the blue.
Cave-Aged Gruyère
A refined yet intensely flavoured cave-aged cheese with a tender consistency that melts in
your mouth.
Double Crème Brie
This soft, ripened cheese is made from fresh cow’s milk. Mild and creamy with a buttery flavour.
Murray’s Pecorino Calabrese
Ivory in colour, with a strong taste, soft and slightly tart, the crust is thin and smooth, the cheese is
smooth and creamy, with very few holes.
Savoury biscuits, lemon pear marmalade

D e s s e r t s
Berry dome
herb tuile, blackcurrant coulis
Toffee apple and pecan pudding
crème anglaise
Vanilla ice cream
dark and white chocolate chips, fresh berries, Amarone cookie, salted caramel sauce
Chocolates by Lauden

S n a c k s
Enjoy a light bite at any time during your flight
Joe & Seph’s caramel and sea salt popcorn
A selection of British Kettle Chips
Seasonal cut fruit

B r e a k f a s t

Fresh orange juice
An energising smoothie
raspberry, mint
Fresh seasonal fruit appetiser
Special K cereal
A selection of yoghurts
A selection of Dorset Cereals
Warm breakfast bread and pastries

E n t r é e s
Traditional English breakfast
Poached eggs
rösti potato, wilted spinach, grilled sourdough, ham steak, Kalamata Hollandaise
Dark and white chocolate chip pancakes
vanilla
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:10 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Yes. My wife has asked for CW main courses whilst seated in F & been served these on more than one occasion. Of course, its subject to the crew's discretion & subject to availability, but do ask as you may well get lucky. Good luck.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
One minute,

Is it possible to pre-order meals for flights not departing from LHR or it's only possible to view them. BA website still states that it's not possible to pre-order meals for flights to London.
I was surprised when I saw the SEA-LHR F menu for April. My next BA CW flight is 40 days from now so should I able to be viewing the menu 30 days before departure at the same place where I could order special meals.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
One minute,

Is it possible to pre-order meals for flights not departing from LHR or it's only possible to view them. BA website still states that it's not possible to pre-order meals for flights to London.
I was surprised when I saw the SEA-LHR F menu for April. My next BA CW flight is 40 days from now so should I able to be viewing the menu 30 days before departure at the same place where I could order special meals.
You can neither view the menu, nor pre-order, online, for flights departing from outside LHR/LGW. F pax may obtain the menu offline in advance by contacting YouFirst, which is why you sometimes see F menus from out-stations posted here. They still can’t pre-order, apart from special meals. Not possible AFAIK for CW, others may know differently.
orbitmic and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca

You can neither view the menu, nor pre-order, online, for flights departing from outside LHR/LGW. F pax may obtain the menu offline in advance by contacting YouFirst, which is why you sometimes see F menus from out-stations posted here. They still can’t pre-order, apart from special meals. Not possible AFAIK for CW, others may know differently.
When I've flown one direction in F and the other in CW, I've asked for and received both the F and CW menus from YouFirst. So it is (technically) possible!
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by CTV
LHR-LAX Club World last week of April...

Starters

• Chicken and wild mushroom terrine, sweetcorn puree and chargrilled ciabatta
  • Croxton Manor cheddar and spring onion cheesecake with sweet cucumber pickled
  • Spinach and watercress soup with thyme croutons
  • Seasonal salad leaves with vegetable slaw served with your choice of Balsamic Dressing or Pesto Dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef with roasted potatoes, parsnips and horseradish jus
  • Corn-fed chicken breast with crushed new potatoes, ratatouille and green beans
  • Ricotta tortellini with pea velouté, chargrilled asparagus and black olives

Dessert

• Gateau opera
  • Lemon, blackcurrant and almond cremeux
  • Warm sticky toffee and date pudding with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Blueberries and raspberries
  • Belton Farm Red Fox,Normandy Camembert, Wensleydale Blue served with pecan nuts, biscuit and Quince Jelly
Same menu in April for Durban. I have updated the Wiki to include Durban. It's a shame there is no fish option.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 7:43 am

Has anyone had Joe & Seph’s caramel and sea salt popcorn? Do they serve it in a bowl or a BIG bag as I think I might want a lot.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Has anyone had Joe & Seph’s caramel and sea salt popcorn? Do they serve it in a bowl or a BIG bag as I think I might want a lot.
The ones in the Club Kitchen come in an interesting re-sealable ziplock bag, only about 30g or so, so a medium sized portion. I'd imagine that in First they could probably put them in a dish for you, but there isn't a huge stock of them, perhaps 6 or 12 bags per flight.

You are unlikely to starve on your flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.