Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by david55
Quick question about timing. Our menu just posted for a LHR-SEA flight ( same as what Gomac posted above) . Our flight leaves at 9:30 AM ( London time). At what point in this 9 hour flight is the meal served? What would they serve before landing? Thanks.
The menu posted by Gomac is for F. If you’re in F, you can dine when you please, though I would advise telling the CC what you would like when they first come to take orders, so it can be kept for you. You can either tell them when you’d like to eat, or just tell them that you’ll give them 30-40 mins notice when you’re ready. Of course, if you want to avail of the second meal too, I guess you wouldn’t wait too long for lunch.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Oaxaca

The menu posted by Gomac is for F. If you’re in F, you can dine when you please, though I would advise telling the CC what you would like when they first come to take orders, so it can be kept for you. You can either tell them when you’d like to eat, or just tell them that you’ll give them 30-40 mins notice when you’re ready. Of course, if you want to avail of the second meal too, I guess you wouldn’t wait too long for lunch.
Sounds good. We will have just had breakfast in the Concorde lounge so I was hoping for a few hours at least in between meals.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:44 am

Question Menu Suggestions

Hi all,

I am scheduled to fly BA F LHR-JFK on April 24, the 13:10 flight. Excited to try the F enhancements, especially curious to see the "new signature afternoon tea service". Below the menu. Anybody tried any of this? Any suggestions for the main? Thanks!

Starters
Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartar, lime and yuzu crčme fraiche
Vitello tonnato
Warm miso and teriyaki glazed aubergine
Sweet potato soup and coconut
Mixed Leaf salad served with Honey Mustard Dressing

Main
Seared fillet of Scottish beef, red wine jus, potato terrine
Grilled fillet of North Atlantic turbot, tomato confit, lemon butter
Roasted free range British spring chicken, with lemon and rosemary, potato puree, chicken jus
Handmade agnolotti, morels, pan fried asparagus, panna sauce

Desserts
Dark chocolate bar, fresh mango, mint
Baked brioche with apricot confiture, vanilla Anglaise
Ice cream Sundae

Cheese Plate
Black bomber, Baron bigod brie, Kidderton ash goats cheese, Yorkshire blue served with Red onion chutney, green and blue grapes
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:41 am

Why is it not possible to pre-order if you have an indirect flight? Flying from LGW to Grenada in CW in April and it's not possible to pre-order, because there's a stop in Saint Lucia. The second part is only a short hop from Saint Lucia to Grenada (30 minutes, probably no service). People flying to Saint Lucia can pre-order their meal. Does not make much sense to me...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Hopefully this is interesting - BA7 to HND on April 24th in F, Menu just opened up:

Starters

· Tuna tataki, Cured mackeral, ginger and chives, Wagyu tataki, truffle ponzu

· Vitello tonnato

· Warm miso and teriyaki glazed aubergine

· Sweet potato soup and coconut and kaffir lime

· Lobster clear soup

· Mixed leaf salad served with Honey mustard dressing

Main

· Seared fillet of Scottish beef, red wine jus, potato terrine

· Pan fried turbot, balsamic soy sauce, White asparagus and bonito

· Roasted free range British spring chicken, with lemon and rosemary, potato puree, chicken jus

· Handmade agnolotti, morels, pan fried asparagus, panna sauce

Desserts

· Dark chocolate bar, fresh mango, mint

· Baked brioche with apricot confiture, vanilla Anglaise

· Ice cream Sundae

Cheese Plate

· Black bomber, Baron bigod brie, Kidderton ash goats cheese, Yorkshire blue served with Red onion chutney, green and blue grapes

I have to ask, does anyone know if the agnolotti is vegetarian or not? My wife is and I wanted to avoid ordering a vegetarian meal if at all possible! I googled but it says it can have a meat or vegetarian filling... I am assuming maybe it is the morels as listed above but difficult to tell.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by GabrielExea
Hopefully this is interesting - BA7 to HND on April 24th in F, Menu just opened up:

Starters

· Tuna tataki, Cured mackeral, ginger and chives, Wagyu tataki, truffle ponzu

· Vitello tonnato

· Warm miso and teriyaki glazed aubergine

· Sweet potato soup and coconut and kaffir lime

· Lobster clear soup

· Mixed leaf salad served with Honey mustard dressing

Main

· Seared fillet of Scottish beef, red wine jus, potato terrine

· Pan fried turbot, balsamic soy sauce, White asparagus and bonito

· Roasted free range British spring chicken, with lemon and rosemary, potato puree, chicken jus

· Handmade agnolotti, morels, pan fried asparagus, panna sauce

Desserts

· Dark chocolate bar, fresh mango, mint

· Baked brioche with apricot confiture, vanilla Anglaise

· Ice cream Sundae

Cheese Plate

· Black bomber, Baron bigod brie, Kidderton ash goats cheese, Yorkshire blue served with Red onion chutney, green and blue grapes

looks like the intern is back on spelling duties, rather than posting fares.....
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond

LHR - DEL (mid-April) departing 19:25, F Menu

Starters

• Loch fyne Scottish Kinglas smoked salmon, fennel and kasha salad with dill and mustard dressing
  • Kidderton Ash goat's cheese, hazelnuts, asparagus and radish
  • Dhokla with aloo bonda, hara bahra, vegetable pakora, mint Chutney and Sambharo
  • Vichyssoise soup with Braddock White poached duck egg and potato salad
  • Seasonal Salad served with Honey and Mustard dressing

Main

• Roast fillet of halibut with Brixham crab bisque, preserved lemon and buttered samphire
  • Malai Kofta with Bhindi Ki Sabji and Pea Pilau (Fried Vegetarian dumplings in rich tomato cream sauce with cashew nuts cooked with tomato and onion and pea pilau)
  • Lamb Rogan Josh and Coriander Pilau with Tadka Dal (Lamb cooked in oil and spices with tomatoes served with coriander flavoured pilau and yellow lentils)
  • Roast free range corn-fed chicken breast with Winbirri bacchus white wine and thyme and bread sauces

Desserts

• Chocolate & orange delice with an almond granola and sugared pistachios
  • Blueberry & Nectarine Charlotte
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream with caramel sauce and raspberries

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D'Ambert
  • Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Normany Camembert
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Only a choice of three mains BA Club LHR SIN 13th April which seems poor?

Anyone had the shredded pork?

Starters

• Chicken and wild mushroom terrine, sweetcorn puree and chargrilled ciabatta
  • Croxton Manor cheddar and spring onion cheesecake with sweet cucumber pickled
  • Spinach and watercress soup with thyme croutons
  • Seasonal salad leaves with vegetable slaw served with your choice of Balsamic Dressing or Pesto Dressing

Main

• Shredded pork with sweet bean sauce, fried pak choi and steamed rice
  • Seared fillet of British beef with roasted potatoes, parsnips and horseradish jus
  • Ricotta tortellini with pea velouté, chargrilled asparagus and black olives

Dessert

• Gateau opera
  • Lemon, blackcurrant and almond cremeux
  • Warm sticky toffee and date pudding with vanilla crčme anglaise
  • Blueberries and raspberries
  • Belton Farm Red Fox, Normandy Camembert, Wensleydale Blue served with pecan nuts, biscuit and Quince Jelly
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Only a choice of three mains BA Club LHR SIN 13th April which seems poor?
That's the new, 'improved' CW service - after the trolley's were removed we've essentially been left with the same food and service, but with one less choice of main. A genuine BA enhancement. Fingers crossed switching to Do & Co will be an actual improvement, although can't say I was all that impressed with their food to JFK.
Buster likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by assafcw
BA113 London to New York 16:20

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.Starters
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon with chive and freshly grated horseradish creme fraiche, caperberries and cress
  • Warm asparagus souffle, parmesan cream sauce
  • Roasted cauliflower soup
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of French dressing or Balsamic olive oil dressing
Main
  • Grilled North Atlantic monkfish, aubergine tartare, harissa mint oil
  • Veal Milanese with rocket and slow roasted tomato salad
  • Savoury pie with minced Welsh lamb, mashed potato, roasted baby carrots
  • Ricotta cappellacci, tossed in rosemary butter
  • Main course salad featuring grilled beef brochette, creamy celeriac, grilled red peppers
Desserts
  • Chocolate hazelnut mousse cake, warm chocolate sauce
  • Warm plum tart tatin, vanilla sauce
  • Vanilla ice cream
Cheese Board
  • Northumberland Oak smoked cheese
  • Colston basset stilton
  • Somerset camenbert
I've the same menu to JFK flying on sat, I went for the Lamb pie a month ago but having second thoughts now... how is the veal? or are lamb or fish better bets? (First time in F)
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
While this is the main course thread, what is more important to my mum is are the Hot Chocolate and cookies available in J on BA11 to Singapore, and on the BA32 from Hong Kong?!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp
While this is the main course thread, what is more important to my mum is are the Hot Chocolate and cookies available in J on BA11 to Singapore, and on the BA32 from Hong Kong?!
Cookies are in the club kitchen with all the other snacks, hot chocolate I'm not sure, she could bring a sachet on board and ask for hot water? 😁
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We have hot chocolate on all flights.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
And glad you do- it makes my boys enjoy the flight even more!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Thats great, thanks. She’ll be happy.
I think because she had the Hot Chocolate and Cookies on her first (modern) CW flight and that was as a Sleeper Service, she thought it would be available on all overnight flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.