Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:55 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic
This is so strange, the menu I posted a few posts above is for the same route, also in F, just a few days apart and is entirely different! And then Tobias-UK mentioned that he gets a third entirely different menu again! I'm really not clear what is happening here!
Yes I saw your original post and was quite disappointed so I was pleasantly surprised when this menu popped up. I would like to see a far larger selection for pre-order with a wider choice. I’m sick of beef with cafe de Paris, as it been on several of my flights this year
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Winchy78
Toying with ordering the Buddha bowl for an upcoming trip - has anyone tried it? Is it any good?
The Buddha Bowl is a cold salad, with half an avocado, boiled egg, tomato and a few other salad ingredients. I decided against it.

I did order the beef, which was rather nice - tender and nice and pink in the middle. But this dish has done the rounds and I'm rather bored of it now.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
F Menu LHR-MIA

The F menu on the LHR-MIA flight is showing as:
  • Seared fillet of British beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Grilled turbot and caramelised cauliflower puree, runner beans, girolles and Sauternes raisin sauce
  • Gressingham duck à l'Orange, braised chicory and crumbled Blue Monday cheese
  • Root vegetable hash, baked chestnuts, sage velouté with soft free range poached Hen's egg
  • Asian Buddha bowl with Teriyaki chicken and maple hot mustard dressing

Has anyone tried any of these? Any thoughts/photos that you can share? Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Hi Cityguy1
I did this trip last week and had the Duck followed by the extremely delicious fruit crumble and custard (photos below).
The duck was very tasty but the piece of meat was absolutely huge and I could only manage two-thirds of it. They could have served the crumble in a bathtub and it wouldn't have been enough
GD

Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for posting these, I have pre-ordered the duck on my LAX flight next week so it's good to see. It is much bigger then I was expecting though. How was it cooked?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gomac
Thanks for posting these, I have pre-ordered the duck on my LAX flight next week so it's good to see. It is much bigger then I was expecting though. How was it cooked?
It was well cooked. And I think that may have been my slight issue with it as it was quite a thick piece and so perhaps could have done with less time in the oven.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Gold Digger
It was well cooked. And I think that may have been my slight issue with it as it was quite a thick piece and so perhaps could have done with less time in the oven.
Thanks, I think I would have preferred it cut as medallions, but it seems the best choice on the menu so I will stick with it.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Gomac
Thanks, I think I would have preferred it cut as medallions, but it seems the best choice on the menu so I will stick with it.
If the duck breast had been pre-sliced it would have been even more well cooked than reported above. I think keeping it whole is the correct decision here, given the limitations of a/c ovens.

As for slicing it on board, with the best will in the world, that would never work on BA.
Gomac likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC

Yet another menu for LHR-HKG in early Jan.... (but CW this time)

In-flight menu

BA27 London to Hong Kong 8 Jan

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Burrata with oven roasted tomatoes, black olives, chili flakes and olive oil
  • Potato and Stilton soup served with Herbed rye bread croutons
  • Seasonal salad featuring cucumber, pomegranate and fresh mixed herbs served with Balsamic vinaigrette

Main

• Beef in black pepper sauce with wok fried vegetables and fragrant Jasmine rice
  • Roasted British chicken supreme with kale mousseline, bacon lardons and brown ale mushroom jus
  • Indian style vegetable and coconut curry with Basmati rice

Dessert

• Chocolate mousse with berry ragout and caramel shortbread
  • Warm rhubarb strudel served with Sauce Anglaise
  • Shropshire blue cheese, Somerset brie, Applewood cheddar served with Walnuts, Fig chutney

Last edited by sistergeorge; Dec 11, 2018 at 9:38 am Reason: adding comment
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by Winchy78
Toying with ordering the Buddha bowl for an upcoming trip - has anyone tried it? Is it any good?
I'm also considering the same. Any photos or thoughts on the chicken teriyaki Buddha bowl would be most appreciated!
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by orbitmic

That’s a very good point about the missing item! ^ Just checked again but it still only shows these four! Odd...
Looks to be a cheese missing as well.

Seems more like a CW offering beyond the starters.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:25 am

Does anyone have a picture of the Venison stew (with or without bullet fragments ?
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
I'm flying out in January and this is the F menu for my LHR - HKG flight, the last time I flew BA in J on the same route (2016) they served beef outbound and inbound.

Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:49 pm

LHR-SFO in F on Jan 1st:
  • Seared fillet of British beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Grilled turbot and caramelised cauliflower puree, runner beans, girolles and Sauternes raisin sauce
  • Root vegetable hash, baked chestnuts, sage velouté with soft free range poached Hen's egg
Anyone tried the root vegetable hash?

​​​​​​​Due to food allergies, the root vegetable hash and the duck are my best options, and I'm really picky about duck. I love it, but it can often be fattier than I am willing to eat. (Sadly, the beef contains a fish allergen, guessing it's anchovy paste or similar in the Café de Paris butter).
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by WryMartini
LHR-SFO in F on Jan 1st:
Anyone tried the root vegetable hash?

Due to food allergies, the root vegetable hash and the duck are my best options, and I'm really picky about duck. I love it, but it can often be fattier than I am willing to eat. (Sadly, the beef contains a fish allergen, guessing it's anchovy paste or similar in the Café de Paris butter).
Yes, my partner spotted that anf he doesn't eat fish. The plan is to ask the crew to prepare it with regular butter instead...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.