Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This is the same menu westbound to USA in December, and then LHR to the East in January - that appears on SIN and HKG in Jan. I get board so easily - I can guarantee I will have virtually the same menu several times over the course of a couple of months travelling to the USA and SIN..
I'd noticed the similarity of most of the items from viewing others menus. It's not just BA doing this though as my JL flights West from TYO this month have the same menu as my JL flights West from TYO in Jan.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Royalscot
LHR - EZE December Club Menu

In-flight menu

BA245 London to Buenos Aires 22:10

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Severn and Wye Scottish smoked salmon with pickled shallot and horseradish cream
  • Cream of Jerusalem artichoke soup, trompette de la mort & crispy pancetta
  • Fresh salad of pearl barley, grape & shaved cauliflower

Main

• Seared fillet of North Atlantic cod, braised puy lentils and chorizo stew
  • Home Counties venison stew with rosemary dumplings, wilted kale and roasted chestnuts
  • Gnudi in Arrabiata sauce with ricotta and cherry tomato

Dessert

• Lemon and raspberry almond slice with raspberry confit
  • Warm chocolate and Walnut brownie with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Belton Farm Red Fox Normandy Camembert Wensleydale Blue served with pecan nuts, biscuit and Qunice Jelly

Close
Has anyone experienced the above mains? This is the choice for our flight to Boston this month and would like to hear some feedback!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Ah! It is certainly the same for SIN in January (and US in Dec) - my recollection of an earlier post appears to be off - I can't see my HKG menu just yet, I only travel there mid-January, whereas my SIN is early Jan.

Is there a main course option missing from your HKG menu?
That’s a very good point about the missing item! ^ Just checked again but it still only shows these four! Odd...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:17 pm

Programs: British airways
I’m unable to pre-order and get a message telling me that it’s due to “technical problems” but that I’ll be able to order on board. Is this likely to change before my flights?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by andymcdonnell

Menu for BA175 LHR-JFK in J at end of Dec
Has anyone got any feedback on the December JFK CW menu yet?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+, VS Red, HHonours Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Joetsu
I’m unable to pre-order and get a message telling me that it’s due to “technical problems” but that I’ll be able to order on board. Is this likely to change before my flights?
Other people that have had the “technical problems” have found their flight was one of the trials of the new soft product. You may get lucky.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:48 am

Programs: British airways
Hope so.

I wasn’t too fussed and would probably have waited until the flight to see what I felt like having.

Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC

I have the exact same menu on my LHR-LAX flight on Jan 6.

Originally Posted by Prospero
BA217 London to Washington DC First

Starters
  • Great Glen Scottish cured venison, blackberries with toasted hazelnut and horseradish
  • Wild mushrooms on chargrilled sourdough, cep aioli and flat leaf parsley
  • Roasted beetroot and Granny Smith apple soup with goat's cheese tortellini
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged Balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main
  • Seared fillet of British beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Grilled turbot and caramelised cauliflower puree, runner beans, girolles and Sauternes raisin sauce
  • Gressingham duck à l'Orange, braised chicory and crumbled Blue Monday cheese
  • Root vegetable hash, baked chestnuts, sage velouté with soft free range poached Hen's egg
  • Asian Buddha bowl with Teriyaki chicken and maple hot mustard dressing

Desserts
  • Millionaire shortbread terrine with almonds and hazelnuts
  • Warm Orchard fruit crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate
Belton Farm Red Fox
Fourme D'Ambert
Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
Normany Camembert
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:59 am
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
For completeness of the LHR-LAX route in January, here is the CW menu and what a breath of fresh air not to have beef on the menu.

Starters

• Oak smoked Gressingham duck with melon, pomegranate and parsley puree
  • Creamy buratta with orange marmalade, blood orange segments and pumpernickel
  • Cream of white onion soup
  • Fresh salad with quinoa, crunchy pumpkin shavings and preserved lemons served with your choice of Balsamic Dressing or Pesto Dressing

Main

• Seared salmon, cod, scallop and king prawn with fregola and tomato bisque
  • Slow cooked free-range pork belly, crab apple and Cider compote and roasted Winter vegetables
  • Crispy gnocchi and Dorset blue Vinney with cauliflower

Dessert

• Baked chocolate tart
  • Lemon & lime slice
  • Mixed nuts & dulce de leche flan with vanilla crème anglaise
  • Blueberries and raspberries
  • Butlers Secret Cheddar,Cenarth Brie,Stilton served with apricot, walnut, biscuits and Sweet apple Croxton chutney
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:51 am

Toying with ordering the Buddha bowl for an upcoming trip - has anyone tried it? Is it any good?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA (Gold), GF (Gold), EY (Silver), EK; Hilton (Diamond)
BA175 LHR-JFK in WTP

BA175 LHR-JFK in WTP, Early January

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starter

• Beetroot slaw

Main

• Braised British beef with sweet potato dauphinoise, broccoli and Chasseur sauce
  • Chettinad chicken with coriander rice and tadka dhal

Dessert

• Milk chocolate & seaside salt
Old Dec 9, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
LHR-JFK CW December

Starters

• Beef Carpaccio Cipriani with rocket
  • Smoked aubergine and chickpeas with yoghurt, hummus and tahini
  • Roast sweet potato salad, coriander and chili pesto
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with a choice of dressings

Bakery

• Trio bread roll

Main

• Grilled marinated King prawns, slow roasted tomato sauce, basmati rice
  • Braised Scottish Prime beef cheeks with horseradish dumplings and potato mousseline
  • Ricotta panzerotti with tomato concasse, grilled black olives and fresh rosemary

Desserts

• Flamed raspberry panna cotta
  • Chocolate custard tart, crème fraiche
  • Traditional Spotted Dick served with Vanilla sause
  • Fresh berries
  • Vintage West Country cheddar, Double Gloucester, Shepherd's Purse Yorkshire blue cheese served with walnuts and Apple pear chutney

Looks OK !
Just a note on this menu, there was a soup starter - cream of parsnip. MrD liked it but I found it too creamy, I had the smoked aubergine, chickpeas etc and was surprised to see it all sitting together in a ‘designed heap’ which was a shame as you couldn’t pick out the individual items.
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:34 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat

BA 31 LHR TO HKG 8th Jan in F

Starters

• Buffalo mozzarella, grilled fresh peaches, caper berries and olive oil
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon, warm potato pancake, horseradish cream
  • Moroccan spiced red lentil soup, crème fraiche
  • Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of Honey mustard dressing or Balsamic olive oil dressing
Main
  • Filet of Heritage beef, gratin potato, peppercorn sauce
  • Seabass en pappilotte, seasonal root vegetables, white wine butter
  • Traditional Chinese soup with roasted duck, vermicelli rice noodles and choy sum
  • Handmade tagliarini, King prawns, spicy cherry tomato salsa
  • Main course salad featuring warm goat cheese mille feuille, ratatouille and cous cous
Desserts
  • Lemon red current meringue tart
  • Warm chocolate raspberry sponge, chocolate sauce
  • Vanilla ice cream
Cheese Plate
  • Vintage West Country cheddar
  • Double Gloucester
  • Shepherd's Purse Yorkshire blue cheese
​​​​
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0

BA 31 LHR TO HKG 8th Jan in F

Starters

• Buffalo mozzarella, grilled fresh peaches, caper berries and olive oil
  • Loch Fyne smoked salmon, warm potato pancake, horseradish cream
  • Moroccan spiced red lentil soup, crème fraiche
  • Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of Honey mustard dressing or Balsamic olive oil dressing
Main
  • Filet of Heritage beef, gratin potato, peppercorn sauce
  • Seabass en pappilotte, seasonal root vegetables, white wine butter
  • Traditional Chinese soup with roasted duck, vermicelli rice noodles and choy sum
  • Handmade tagliarini, King prawns, spicy cherry tomato salsa
  • Main course salad featuring warm goat cheese mille feuille, ratatouille and cous cous
Desserts
  • Lemon red current meringue tart
  • Warm chocolate raspberry sponge, chocolate sauce
  • Vanilla ice cream
Cheese Plate
  • Vintage West Country cheddar
  • Double Gloucester
  • Shepherd's Purse Yorkshire blue cheese
​​​​
This is so strange, the menu I posted a few posts above is for the same route, also in F, just a few days apart and is entirely different! And then Tobias-UK mentioned that he gets a third entirely different menu again! I'm really not clear what is happening here!
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Flying to New Orleans on the BA225 next month, is the route omitted for pre-orders? It’s not in the Wiki but wondered if that was an errror or not..

BA.com is currently saying it can’t show a menu due to technical difficulties.. we’re within 30 days. Just.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.