Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:57 pm

Has anyone got any experience of this menu? It's what's showing for my December CW flight and none of the options are jumping out at me!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...

BA107 LHR-DXB Nov 2018 (F)

Starters

• Mezze plate featuring Lamb kofta Bourak cheese with Butter bean tomato salad minted beetroot grilled aubergine labneh with pine nuts and sweet potato kibbe
  • Baked herb crusted camembert pear and onion chutney with chargrilled ciabatta
  • Autumn spiced butternut squash soup with chestnuts and pumpkin seeds
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Classic olive oil vinaigrette or Caesar dressing

Main

• Grilled chicken in dakous sauce roasted vegetables Freekeh and grilled baby courgette
  • Seared fillet of British beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Lobster Thermidor herb buttered new potatoes minted peas with lemon
  • Puy lentil and orzo ragů with Crottin de Chavignol and grilled king oyster mushroom
  • Main course salad of chargrilled maple British cornfed chicken avocado lime and chilli salsa new potatoes and poached duck egg

Desserts

• Strawberry & Black Pepper Cheesecake
  • Warm Chocolate Nut Tart
  • Vanilla bean Ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Kidderton Ash
  • Coastal Cheddar
  • Orsom Lester Vintage Red
  • Bleu D'Auvergne

Considerable overlap with the LAX menu posted upthread, with a few adjustments for the route to remove dishes with pork.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Oaxaca

BA107 LHR-DXB Nov 2018 (F)

Starters

• Mezze plate featuring Lamb kofta Bourak cheese with Butter bean tomato salad minted beetroot grilled aubergine labneh with pine nuts and sweet potato kibbe
  • Baked herb crusted camembert pear and onion chutney with chargrilled ciabatta
  • Autumn spiced butternut squash soup with chestnuts and pumpkin seeds
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Classic olive oil vinaigrette or Caesar dressing

Main

• Grilled chicken in dakous sauce roasted vegetables Freekeh and grilled baby courgette
  • Seared fillet of British beef salt beef croquette Dauphinoise potato cep aioli and caper beurre noisette
  • Lobster Thermidor herb buttered new potatoes minted peas with lemon
  • Puy lentil and orzo ragů with Crottin de Chavignol and grilled king oyster mushroom
  • Main course salad of chargrilled maple British cornfed chicken avocado lime and chilli salsa new potatoes and poached duck egg
Considerable overlap with the LAX menu posted upthread, with a few adjustments for the route to remove dishes with pork.
The chicken dish was served on my recent J flight to AUH. It was nice enough, essentially grilled chicken with a slightly spicy sauce, although the Air Belgium crew hadn't heated it properly so it was served lukewarm. I'm not sure it's really worthy of an F menu though.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by whizz68
Hi,

I am new to flyertalk but would be grateful for some information.
Does anyone have any photos or opinions on the following main course Puy lentil and orzo ragů with Crottin de Chavignol, grilled king oyster mushroom and fresh truffle shaving?

Many Thanks,
I'm wondering the same for BA057 next Friday. The lobster thermidor looks ghastly. As a pescatarian, I'm left with no other option unless I go the dreaded VGML route.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by cosmo74
The chicken dish was served on my recent J flight to AUH. It was nice enough, essentially grilled chicken with a slightly spicy sauce, although the Air Belgium crew hadn't heated it properly so it was served lukewarm. I'm not sure it's really worthy of an F menu though.
Yes, you make a good point, but the recent reports on the lobster are pretty damning, and I've pretty much given up on beef with BA after a couple of failed attempts to emulate the achievements of Filthy Monkey in getting a steak cooked anything other than grey/brown. So I am considering the chicken dish...
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold

BA269 London to Los Angeles 19th December in First

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Great Glen Scottish cured venison, blackberries with toasted hazelnut and horseradish
  • Wild mushrooms on chargrilled sourdough, cep aioli and flat leaf parsley
  • Roasted beetroot and Granny Smith apple soup with goat's cheese tortellini
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged Balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Grilled turbot and caramelised cauliflower puree, runner beans, girolles and Sauternes raisin sauce
  • Gressingham duck ŕ l'Orange, braised chicory and crumbled Blue Monday cheese
  • Root vegetable hash, baked chestnuts, sage velouté with soft free range poached Hen's egg
  • Asian Buddha bowl with Teriyaki chicken and maple hot mustard dressing

Desserts

• Millionaire shortbread terrine with almonds and hazelnuts
  • Warm Orchard fruit crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D'Ambert
  • Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Normany Camembert

As this flight is on 19th December what are the chances one of these main dishes is changed to the traditional Christmas dinner?
orbitmic and Oaxaca like this.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yes, you make a good point, but the recent reports on the lobster are pretty damning, and I've pretty much given up on beef with BA after a couple of failed attempts to emulate the achievements of Filthy Monkey in getting a steak cooked anything other than grey/brown. So I am considering the chicken dish...
Given the other rather uninspiring it's not a bad option, and I'm sure they'll tart it up a bit in F.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Gomac
As this flight is on 19th December what are the chances one of these main dishes is changed to the traditional Christmas dinner?
Nice menu! Don't think it will be, xmas turkey shows correctly on pre order menu when offered, you are probably just before it kicks in.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Nice menu! Don't think it will be, xmas turkey shows correctly on pre order menu when offered, you are probably just before it kicks in.
You're right it showed up on the pre-order last year when we travelled on 21st. Yes it's quite a good menu. Will probably go for the duck. Any experience with BA and duck?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold

BA269 London to Los Angeles 19th December in First

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Great Glen Scottish cured venison, blackberries with toasted hazelnut and horseradish
  • Wild mushrooms on chargrilled sourdough, cep aioli and flat leaf parsley
  • Roasted beetroot and Granny Smith apple soup with goat's cheese tortellini
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged Balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of British beef, Café de Paris butter, grilled Portobello mushroom, slow roasted tomato and roasted charlotte potatoes
  • Grilled turbot and caramelised cauliflower puree, runner beans, girolles and Sauternes raisin sauce
  • Gressingham duck ŕ l'Orange, braised chicory and crumbled Blue Monday cheese
  • Root vegetable hash, baked chestnuts, sage velouté with soft free range poached Hen's egg
  • Asian Buddha bowl with Teriyaki chicken and maple hot mustard dressing

Desserts

• Millionaire shortbread terrine with almonds and hazelnuts
  • Warm Orchard fruit crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Belton Farm Red Fox
  • Fourme D'Ambert
  • Double Barrel Lincolnshire Poacher
  • Normany Camembert

This is the same menu on my BA293 LGW-IAD 19th Dec.

Can anyone advise on the 2nd meal on my flight, I am hoping for my favorite afternoon tea. Its the late IAD depating LHR @1705.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by eddy67
This is the same menu on my BA293 LGW-IAD 19th Dec.

Can anyone advise on the 2nd meal on my flight, I am hoping for my favorite afternoon tea. Its the late IAD depating LHR @1705.
Havent done your flight, but if LHR-JFK is a guide, you’ll still be offered afternoon tea as the 2nd meal. It’s been the offering to me on later departing flights to JFK.
eddy67 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold

Havent done your flight, but if LHR-JFK is a guide, you’ll still be offered afternoon tea as the 2nd meal. It’s been the offering to me on later departing flights to JFK.
Excellent, that will make the Mrs a happy camper. Cheers
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I'm flying BOS-LHR in F tomorrow and have never once been offered a dining choice?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nologic
I'm flying BOS-LHR in F tomorrow and have never once been offered a dining choice?
pre-order is only available ex-London. If your return is LHR-BOS then you should get the option in MMB to pick a main for that flight
Old Nov 21, 2018, 4:29 am

You're right it showed up on the pre-order last year when we travelled on 21st. Yes it's quite a good menu. Will probably go for the duck. Any experience with BA and duck?
I am off to SFO on the 21st and the same main courses are offered. Sadly no turkey substitution...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.