Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
Letter template 1 (percysmith): Please explain "obvious pricing error" Post #258
Print Wikipost

Discussion about the ex-Germany fares

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by percysmith
.. A thought did occur to me last night whether someone is keen enough to travel to Telford Country Court and try to obtain a copy of the judgment! Sounds like a MR in itself.

If someone does obtain a copy of the judgment and posts it in the wiki it will be enormous help and the FTer will be a hero. Sadly I don't live anywhere near the UK! ..
And what exactly would someone ask for when arriving at Telford County Court? The case number doesn't appear genuine, I'm not really convinced the claimant was a "Mr Passenger"

I'm only trying to assist you in focusing your mind. I do not accept that Lufthansa document is a summary of existing law - there is too much missing from it. It is a document that purports to be counsel's note of an ex tempore judgment of the county court. It is not the actual judgment written and approved by the court.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by BrianLeahy
I have been onto Telford the case is real I'm writing to them to bespoke a copy of the judgement.
Who was the claimant? It would be great to read the actual judgment. I suspect, if the judgment is exactly as the document we've read here, that the defendant airline was represented by an employee and did not advance a well prepared defence.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: BA, SPG
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
And what exactly would someone ask for when arriving at Telford County Court? The case number doesn't appear genuine, I'm not really convinced the claimant was a "Mr Passenger"

I'm only trying to assist you in focusing your mind. I do not accept that Lufthansa document is a summary of existing law - there is too much missing from it. It is a document that purports to be counsel's note of an ex tempore judgment of the county court. It is not the actual judgment written and approved by the court.
I rang Telford county court spoke to a lovely man, the case number is real the defendant is as stated on judgement was given the plaintiffs name he said write in they will arrange a copy or if someone calls in they will give a copy but a fee will apply. When in doubt go to the source.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:37 am

Who was the claimant? It would be great to read the actual judgment. I suspect, if the judgment is exactly as the document we've read here, that the defendant airline was represented by an employee and did not advance a well prepared defence.
I would rather not give the claimants name as who ever put the document up redacted it and I will respect that but the court will happily give the details over the phone.

Does anyone live near Telford?

Just on the error fare issue I booked yesterday a flight same dates but Dublin to Sydney on Etihad (get to destination 12 hours sooner) business to Abu Dhabi then first (apartment) to Sydney inc limo service both ends. Could have done the fare in business all the way for just €1000 more than the BA fare (my BA fare had one segment in business.

Last edited by BrianLeahy; Aug 27, 2015 at 2:43 am
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
I never thought I would read the name 'Lord Denning' on FT.

H
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by Hoch
I never thought I would read the name 'Lord Denning' on FT.

H
- good old Tom
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:49 am

I would rather not give the claimants name as who ever put the document up redacted it and I will respect that but the court will happily give the details over the phone.

Does anyone live near Telford?

Just on the error fare issue I booked yesterday a flight same dates but Dublin to Sydney on Etihad (get to destination 12 hours sooner) business to Abu Dhabi then first (apartment) to Sydney inc limo service both ends. Could have done the fare in business all the way for just €1000 more than the BA fare (my BA fare had one segment in business.
Noted about the name, looking forward to reading a full written judgment, if there is one. I'd be interested to see if the gaps are filled in.

As to your substituted flights, I think you might have scored a real upgrade - I hear the Etihad Apartments are very good indeed - enjoy ... and good luck in your pursuit of BA.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold)
The case number looks like a genuine County Court case number. The problem, I expect, will be that there won't be a written judgment on the Court file if it was given ex tempore - all the Court will be able to supply will be the formal order entering judgment. In theory, the reasons should have been tape recorded and you can pay to have the recording transcribed by an approved transcriber, but this isn't a cheap process.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by jimcbob
The case number looks like a genuine County Court case number. The problem, I expect, will be that there won't be a written judgment on the Court file if it was given ex tempore - all the Court will be able to supply will be the formal order entering judgment. In theory, the reasons should have been tape recorded and you can pay to have the recording transcribed by an approved transcriber, but this isn't a cheap process.
I was informed that a judgement does exist and will be provided for a photocopying fee. I'm writing today to arrange same.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire

It's very sad how many people are just sitting on the wall and throwing stones. I have posted the document (and altered it to remove actual names) and a friend of mine sued Lufthansa here. Brian already called to confirm the case number and authentity.

Big thumbs down for trying to be the BA Fanboy. Totally unnecessary.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:07 am

Noted about the name, looking forward to reading a full written judgment, if there is one. I'd be interested to see if the gaps are filled in.

As to your substituted flights, I think you might have scored a real upgrade - I hear the Etihad Apartments are very good indeed - enjoy ... and good luck in your pursuit of BA.
The Etihad fare was on their own website and was a first fare not upgrade in business as I said it was available for €3,200 which in the A380 is a stunning product I decided to spoil myself and go for the first option for a grand more to experience the apartments. I have sent a email to Etihad asking can I have tour of Residence. Seat on way out is allocated 4K which from reading reviews is one of the two best apartments. BTW hope the limo service in Sydney has a wheelchair I'll need it to get me off the plane after food and Bollinger.

In relation to error fare I have only travelled first twice before first time to Rio a mate used miles to go on a trip the second time was same mate found Emirates A380 first fare Hong Kong to Thailand €350 return each, they had a special companion fare. So while I accept the fare was cheap in light of my knowledge and the Etihad fare I can not say I believe it was an obvious error fare.

In relation to case solicitors letter went off yesterday, will start District Court proceedings when I get back from Sydney.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I've just concluded a call with BA customer relations.

I said I wanted to speak to someone about the alleged invalid priced fares ex-Germany. The agent didn't know what I meant so I provided my PNR. The agent tapped away and the first thing mentioned was "There's been a change in your schedule". Well that didn't last long. The agent put me on hold for a few minutes and then said "A dedicated team has been put together" for passengers who purchased these fares and that the team is "putting in place options to get this matter resolved".

It may well be baloney and all a fob-off, but we'll see.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
It's very sad how many people are just sitting on the wall and throwing stones. I have posted the document (and altered it to remove actual names) and a friend of mine sued Lufthansa here. Brian already called to confirm the case number and authentity.

Big thumbs down for trying to be the BA Fanboy. Totally unnecessary.
How utterly disrespectful. I will not make any further contribution to this topic.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Bronze, AB Gold, Alitalia Gold
Can anyone help me find BA's legal department for HK/China? I cannot find any information on their website and the customer service agents are not very happy to help. Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The Etihad fare was on their own website and was a first fare not upgrade in business as I said it was available for €3,200 which in the A380 is a stunning product I decided to spoil myself and go for the first option for a grand more to experience the apartments.
I hope for your sake that you don't fall victim to an aircraft substitution - these are becoming notorious with EY and their A380s. I was caught out myself in this regard already. Fingers crossed that my next one - also in the Apartments! - sticks.

I have sent a email to Etihad asking can I have tour of Residence.
Meaning that you expect it won't be occupied on your flight?

But yes, apparently if you mail in advance, and if it is unoccupied, they can give you a tour...though they seem to be restricting this to journalists/travel bloggers: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...residence.html

If you would like to tour a mock-up - and if you have Alitalia or Etihad status - visit the joint Etihad/Alitalia pavilion at Expo 2015 in Milan (till end October).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.