Discussion about the ex-Germany fares

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 26, 15, 12:04 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: percysmith
Wiki Link
Letter template 1 (percysmith): Please explain "obvious pricing error" Post #258
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 15, 15, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/45.0.2454.89 Mobile/13A452 Safari/600.1.4)

Some did for sure.
Old Oct 15, 15, 4:33 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy View Post
Can anyone help me with a booking they made on this alleged error to Australia which was ticketed on 001, rather than 125 stock; and which has been flown? I need an example to present before the County Court.

In essence, some people booked on AA.com, not BA.com. These tickets have not been cancelled. I have examples of people who have traveled to KUL. I need an example of someone who has flown ex Germany to Australia as this mirrors my booking. I do realise this, of and in itself, is not sufficient to prove it was not a manifest error. This would only be supplemental to my main argument.
I'd suggest you are going entirely off-point. The presumption is you have a valid contract. It is up to BA's defence to prove unilateral mistake. There is no need to adduce details of someone else's flights to prove you have a binding contract.

Has BA filed a defence yet? If so, please post details. Would love to know what they are arguing.
Old Oct 19, 15, 4:01 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
The basis of my claim is centred on seeking specific performance redress. However, there is case law which supports BA in the case of electronic sales of goods and services. I know this will be for BA to argue and the bar will be set very high for them to prove. I wish to be able to rebut with examples of my own as to fares which have been seen in the market, should it become necessary.
Old Nov 3, 15, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy View Post
The basis of my claim is centred on seeking specific performance redress. However, there is case law which supports BA in the case of electronic sales of goods and services. I know this will be for BA to argue and the bar will be set very high for them to prove. I wish to be able to rebut with examples of my own as to fares which have been seen in the market, should it become necessary.
An example of a fare that shows similar discount was the recent Club Europe 150 return sale. Some of the destinations were 150 one day and > 700 a few days later (Marrakech). Others were 75 one way in the sale and 581 a few days before (Malta).
Old Nov 3, 15, 6:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, 06, GA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by strichener View Post
An example of a fare that shows similar discount was the recent Club Europe 150 return sale. Some of the destinations were 150 one day and > 700 a few days later (Marrakech). Others were 75 one way in the sale and 581 a few days before (Malta).
If anyone has screenshots or similar of these, that would help too.
Old Nov 4, 15, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by danger View Post
If anyone has screenshots or similar of these, that would help too.

Links to full image:

http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery...m394/malta.png
http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery.../marrakech.png
Old Nov 4, 15, 2:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Awesome. Thank you.

Do you recall when the screenshots were taken and when exactly the sale was?
Old Nov 4, 15, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by danger View Post
Awesome. Thank you.

Do you recall when the screenshots were taken and when exactly the sale was?
The screenshots were taken last month (13th or 14th October) this was the date of the sale.
Old Nov 4, 15, 4:47 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire
Perhaps also helpfully, there will be a lot of us with confirmed bookings that have not been cancelled on the ex-LGW deal where you could obtain issued receipts, and probably boarding passes for flights taken given first travel date was yesterday (my flight isn't until February, which may be too late for your purposes).
Old Oct 31, 16, 2:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Please see posts 252, 253 and 254 here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-fare-17.html - for information on a recent court case involving one of these fares.

Crazy8534 may be especially interested.
Old Oct 31, 16, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
AFAIK some of these have been litigated now, some successfully some not successfully. But the successful ones have had very good outcomes from what I've seen!
Old Oct 6, 17, 2:45 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Depends
Originally Posted by BrianLeahy View Post
I was informed that a judgement does exist and will be provided for a photocopying fee. I'm writing today to arrange same.
@BrianLeahy any update? Could be useful for the GYE fight brewing up with BA [PREM FARE GONE] BA/AA/LATAM r/t LHR to GYE First & Business from 797