Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Inconsistently between travelex and AVIOS collection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold

Has anyone had same experience? No issues in getting BAEC card swept for preorder at BA lounge S but land side T5 jobsworth would not swipe saying only works for wall ups. Nonsense? I have confirmation for avios appointed. I just hate inconsistency in this country.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:19 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Only eligible for avios on walk up purchases as per their T&C's: https://www.travelex.co.uk/services/avios/avios-terms-and-conditions
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi nivsey,

From here;
https://www.travelex.co.uk/services/...and-conditions

It looks like the 2nd agent was correct , the avios offer is for walk up customers only.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Innocent person castigated for doing their job and knowing the rules.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:33 am

So given the self-proclaimed hatred for inconsistency, can we assume that the OP will be contacting Travelex to have any Avios incorrectly credited at the first Bureau reversed?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by TEX277
So given the self-proclaimed hatred for inconsistency, can we assume that the OP will be contacting Travelex to have any Avios incorrectly credited at the first Bureau reversed?
It's a good idea as the cashier that credited the Avios incorrectly could be briefed on the correct policy. This would avoid any other customers being inconvenienced.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nivsy
I just hate inconsistency in this country.
Sounds as if you'd have a nervous breakdown if you lived here.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Have a breakdown every time Hiddy...for sure! Yes next time at travelex I shall puty hands up and say I am as guilty and demand that they remove the AVIOS from me. Guess there is no thing as a free lunch and reminder to self to just get currency as required on main street Gib...often better rates for many currencies anyway...
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:27 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by nivsy
Guess there is no thing as a free lunch and reminder to self to just get currency as required on main street Gib...often better rates for many currencies anyway...
Yes unfortunately the Travelex/Avios partnership is pretty useless.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, etc..

Totally agree with TEX277. Describing a low paid employee, who has no power of discretion as a 'jobsworth' for following the correct procedure is ridiculous. Staff working for firms such as Travelex get it from both ends -misinformed, self entitled customers on one side and an aggressive bullying management at the other. Just my thoughts.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The airport walk up rate is always pretty poor IMHO compared to high street rates ( the only good thing is the buy back guarantee at the rate you purchased it at.

The BAEC/ moneycorp pre order to collect at the airport offer is useless ( unless you fly from Birmingham airport

I think a few years ago the BAEC tied up with travelex to do pre orders at airports and then the partnership moved to Amex/Moneycorp and now it seems to be moving back to Travelex.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.