Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX The Pier F - the new CCR?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2016, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Having recently visited both The Pier and the CCR, I love both.

I have been in the CCR a few times before but it was my first visit to The Pier and I was not disappointed (thanks KARFA for saying that I should definitely have a look). I didn't dine but the dining area look lovely, the hallway a bit like a high end hotel and the also the washrooms which were very nice. I just had a couple of glasses of bubbles at the bar which was nice although I did think it lacked a bit of atmosphere. I didn't have long as my departure gate was about 10-15 mins walk away but glad I went as I hate the QF lounge. When it used to have a separate F and J section I liked the QF lounge but I hate the way they have made so cold and underwhelming.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
My partner hates lounges as an overall part of travel. However, he absolutely loves the Pier and was very happy that I built in some extra layover on our last flight through HKG.
Brilliant! Whenever I'm travelling to Sydney I prefer to go through HKG as I prefer the city, plus I get to fly on CX for the second leg which I also enjoy. I will be there for about 4 hours in the Pier so I expect I'll have ample time to really get a feel for it.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: Some
I'm probably not going to endear myself to CCR regulars with this, but for me the issue with the CCR is there's a gaping divide between how they treat people who are there all the time and other passengers.

Have done about 10-15 visits to the CCR in the last 6 months, not enough to be a regular but enough to feel like I know what's what and for some of the staff to seem to start to recognise me. Having sat with CCR regulars and on my own the service is stellar when they 'know who you are' and average at best when they don't. It seems like about a third of the time in the CCR I don't get what I ordered (I.e. asking for ice in my drink and getting none, asking for lemon and ending up with lime, asking for chips with the club sandwich today and getting none, etc.). That has never happened in the Pier for me.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I'm probably not going to endear myself to CCR regulars with this, but for me the issue with the CCR is there's a gaping divide between how they treat people who are there all the time and other passengers.

Have done about 10-15 visits to the CCR in the last 6 months, not enough to be a regular but enough to feel like I know what's what and for some of the staff to seem to start to recognise me. Having sat with CCR regulars and on my own the service is stellar when they 'know who you are' and average at best when they don't. It seems like about a third of the time in the CCR I don't get what I ordered (I.e. asking for ice in my drink and getting none, asking for lemon and ending up with lime, asking for chips with the club sandwich today and getting none, etc.). That has never happened in the Pier for me.
To some extent same is true at The Pier. Most of the staff used to work at The Wing and I would rarely be remembered there. Now,after The Pier reopened most of them only work there (there is a slight degree of rotation though).

So after regularly visiting The Pier for the last 9-10 month,I would say most bar tenders recognize me and make an off the menu baileys cocktail without asking as I enter. Same with the front desk CX staff,they know their regulars well.

I presume the diffirence is that they treat the non-regulars well to start with and treat regulars even better.

That said,I am going to have to start the process of getting to know staff from the scratch after The Pier's handover to Plaza Premium,as many staff will be leaving at the end of this month (except a few bar tenders and the CX staff).
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
To some extent same is true at The Pier. Most of the staff used to work at The Wing and I would rarely be remembered there. Now,after The Pier reopened most of them only work there (there is a slight degree of rotation though).

So after regularly visiting The Pier for the last 9-10 month,I would say most bar tenders recognize me and make an off the menu baileys cocktail without asking as I enter. Same with the front desk CX staff,they know their regulars well.

I presume the diffirence is that they treat the non-regulars well to start with and treat regulars even better.

That said,I am going to have to start the process of getting to know staff from the scratch after The Pier's handover to Plaza Premium,as many staff will be leaving at the end of this month (except a few bar tenders and the CX staff).
This is exactly what I'm saying, the CCR should and does treat regular passengers very well, but the base level of service is nowhere near as high as the Pier in my opinion. Shame because in all other respects (other than the loos and the 'cabanas' :/) I do really like the CCR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.