Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The GF order menu may soon be gone forever

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by chris1979
Out of curiosity (not a leading question), how many of us or how many pax in general order from the menu?

I have never ordered anything from the menu whilst using GF since it opened and always assumed it's tiny proportion of people who order rather than use the buffet?
Sometimes for breakfast, normally if I happen to be there during lunch / dinner. The gloop trays rarely look appetising

And don't get me started on toast... (Maybe it was a trial to determine how often they should put fresh toast out?)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...eepstakes.html
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonours Gold.
Out of curiosity (not a leading question), how many of us or how many pax in general order from the menu?

I have never ordered anything from the menu whilst using GF since it opened and always assumed it's tiny proportion of people who order rather than use the buffet?
I order from the menu fairly often. Not every time (sometimes just the buffet) but if I have time I usually just speak to one of the staff and order. I have to say that I notice a fairy steady stream of orders from the menu being distributed - so would suggest it's more than a 'tiny' proportion.

I have myself noticed the lack of menus recently.

My suggestion is either go to customer services, fill out the web form, or tweet BA and actually mention this, rather than just talk about it on here.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold

I would say 9 out of 10 times I eat from the buffet. It just depends on the mood I am in.

H
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.

Never have, never will. I personally don't see the point just for eggs benedict or a burger that will be a.....burger.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
The menus are inside the podium.
Could you please clarify your comment KARFA, what are you trying to say?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The GF order menu may soon be gone forever

Under the screen there is a cupboard in the pedestal. If you open the door the menus are piled up in there.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:23 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Under the screen there is a cupboard in the pedestal. If you open the door the menus are piled up in there.
Sounds like we need to draw up a rota on FT of 'duty gold card holder' travelling through Galleries First to distribute menus from the podium.

CCR eligible customers, of course, would be welcome to pop through to fill gaps in the rota.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hahaha good one !
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Hmm, just noticed there are no menus to be seen in the FLounge. Will upset my son as he is partial to the burger.
You don't need the menu to order a burger - it's still very much available (with or without cheese and/or bacon)
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I've never ordered from the menu in GF and considering how short a time I'm in there usually if the buffet isn't appealing I just pass on it anyway. I used to think the T5 lounges and their predecessors in T4 were pretty good. But last weekend I was in a Plaza Premium lounge in YEG of all places and it had excellent food and a couple of very nice beers on tap plus a very quiet comfortable environment. To be honest it was a far nicer environment than the CCR without the LPGS.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Before I had the CCR card I used the menu quite a bit in the Flounge and that was when the buffet food was better. Even since then I have fairly regularly ordered dishes in the CCR that were on the F Menu but not the CCR Menu. The staff have never liked taking menu orders since the lounge first opened and service has often been hit and miss (offset I have found by standing outside the kitchen door and giving the staff no option but to take your order as they emerge).

As I will likely be back to regular gold in circa 18 months a big change here might well impact me. I have taken Ex MAN to using the Aspire lounge for food given the much better offering at most times of the day and then moving over to the BA lounge for drinks and additional nibbles.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

After breakfast, I order from the menu every time unless I am extremely late, and never take food from the buffet bar a small side salad at most.

Breakfast, it depends, and I occasionally use the buffet if I'm leery late and would worry ordered food would not give me enough time to eat as I hate waste.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
ordering from menu's

I always order from the menu as I have a thing about buffets they nearly always looks one spoon has been used for every item and I don't like warm/hot food lying around in warmers either. If there is no option it's salad and cold meats/cheese or nothing for me.

John
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thejohn
I always order from the menu as I have a thing about buffets they nearly always looks one spoon has been used for every item and I don't like warm/hot food lying around in warmers either. If there is no option it's salad and cold meats/cheese or nothing for me.

John
I completely agree. I dislike buffets as the hygiene of the whole Buffett is only as good as that of the most disgusting user.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always ask to see the menu (or find one myself) if I am going to eat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.