Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The GF order menu may soon be gone forever

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Very disappointing if true. I almost never eat food from the buffet. I order from the menu as the buffet foods rarely appeal to me.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BA4EVER
If they devalue Gold, though, they need to do something for GGL. devalue Silver even more.
Fixed that for you... honestly, it's like people just don't get BA's mindset at all

Not that I'm ever likely to breathe the rarefied air of GGL, but I feel like I do quite enough travel and put enough money BA's way to scrape my way up to Gold. And although I often don't make full use of the benefits it brings (e.g. it's usually a quick pastry and coffee in GN on my frequent runs to BHD), it's good to know that they are there when I do need them, like on my less frequent long haul schleps. So every additional devaluation of gold, however subtle and however little it may directly affect me, is still a cause for concern.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
While it is true that the menus haven't been that abundant recently, I have found that the food that is produced to order is of decent quality and arrives quickly.

Now whether the increased delivery speed is a result of fewer orders is another thing altogether.

Just as a side thought - if the OP is correct, can we expect surveys about the a la carte soon with the accompanying announcement that they have been enhanced as customers didn't use it?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Why don't you put a comment about the lack of menus in to the ipads scattered around the GF for feedback?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Noticed this recently too and was just about to come on and ask if anyone had any intel.

Menus nowhere to be seen yesterday morning and patchy at best during my stops over the last couple of weeks.

Only a matter of time, it would seem.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:46 am

How about they make the menus available on the app, like they do with the wifi code?

Obviously that may well encourage uptake which is the last thing BA wants, but it's an idea anyway
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I had to ask three different people before I got a menu this morning.

Staff member told me they were now 'available on request only.'
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mccorry
I had to ask three different people before I got a menu this morning.

Staff member told me they were now 'available on request only.'
So you now have to request a menu to then request food?

Don't they know most people aren't sitting there for hours and in fact want to quickly order, eat and leave?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I find it quicker to order from the till by the buffet rather than wait for someone to serve you.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:05 am

I was told you now have to request a menu when you see a server; they are wanting to see if the volume of food ordered goes down. Like champagne in GC, it's a premium service to 'those in the know' only.

Fortunately it's always so easy to catch a sever's eye to order a menu or to order food it's not going to add more than a moment's delay to the process... hmm.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 710 77345
I was told you now have to request a menu when you see a server; they are wanting to see if the volume of food ordered goes down. Like champagne in GC, it's a premium service to 'those in the know' only.

Fortunately it's always so easy to catch a sever's eye to order a menu or to order food it's not going to add more than a moment's delay to the process... hmm.
It's just adding hassle and bother to the supposed luxury lounge environment for the most loyal customers...
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Coincidentally I got one of those SMS based surveys to give my feedback on my lounge experience today. I scored it 1 (Very Disappointing) and mentioned, inter alia, the menu issue.

30 minutes later the lounge duty manager called me. I highlighted the menu issue and we had a long conversation about the food quality issues over the last 18 or so months.

He said he will ensure more menus are put out. So clearly there is a real disconnect around this issue.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
There are loads of the GF menus in the podiums with the server screens on top. Just ask.
But what is the point of having them there rather than having them on tables as before? Maybe I am getting a little too much into conspiracy theories with my advancing age, but it really feels like an effort to diminish awareness of the non-buffet menu so as to be able to say: "our research shows that our customers much prefer helping themselves to the self-serve buffet and have little interest in ordering items as very few customers in fact order from the menu."
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
There are loads of the GF menus in the podiums with the server screens on top. Just ask.
Not true darling. They are all empty.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by BHDATC
So you now have to request a menu to then request food?
Coming next: Request an application form for a card that can be used to request a menu...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.