Wiki Posts
Search

The GF order menu may soon be gone forever

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Replacement Champagne Bar

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
At 18:00, only a handful of menus to be seen. I liberated half a dozen from their hiding place under the stand, ordered from one, distributed the others around the replacement champagne bar

Tried the Korean Chicken Curry, got the thumbs up from both of us!
Hi,

Perhaps I missed something but what is the "replacement" champagne bar? Does this mean work has started on the new access from First check in to the lounge?
Cheers,
Steve
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Who is on photocopying duty today?!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
At 18:00, only a handful of menus to be seen. I liberated half a dozen from their hiding place under the stand, ordered from one, distributed the others around the replacement champagne bar

You do not happen to know if it is North or South Korean Chicken Curry? In the latter case, some cost cutting is still possible.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
For T3 I mean, AA, not BA. Try the new AA Flagship food (a la carte), its like GF of old and the meal I had was nicer (and fresher) than CCR menu right now.

I mean hey, it was just a freshly pan fried piece of salmon, fresh salad and soft boiled egg, new potatoes followed by homemade crumble and homemade custard ...but thats the sort of food I want in a lounge.

Can't stand stodge! Worst I've ever seen is a god-awful slab of cake crap in the pre-dining buffet in JFK.
A shame that the flagship lounge in JFK T8 is not as good.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I must say that I really did not like it (neither did my partner). It was rather bland and if it is Korean in any way then I am Arnold Schwarzenegger!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:25 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I must say that I really did not like it (neither did my partner). It was rather bland and if it is Korean in any way then I am Arnold Schwarzenegger!
So will you be back?

Sorry, its Friday
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
I agree.

I thought this "Korean Chicken Curry" was just the gloop from the GC lounge presented with a plate of rice and small side salad?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
So will you be back?
Nah, I refuse to terminate that poor curry! It seems to have suffered enough without facing me looking fierce and wearing extra dark sunglasses!

PS: as mentioned, I do recommend the Greek salad which was fine though!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
I don't think it is unhealthy though, a rather sterile dish, no bacteria would survive in it.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite, HHonours Gold.
Asked for a menu, despite knowing what I wanted. A colleague did the same. Ordered and distributed the 2 menus to nearby empty tables. Within a split second they were collected and removed

Haven't seen any others around.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
I decided to ask BA on Twitter what's going on with this menu lark:-

Me: @British_Airways what is the so called "trial" about with only having menus on request at T5 galleries first lounge? VERY irritating

BA: Sorry you're frustrated, Mark. We're trialing a new location for our menus, so far it's resulted in much speedier delivery of cold food orders. Hope this helps, let us know if you need anything else!

Not sure I get the logic behind this response whatsoever other than that it must be a cost cutting tactic somehow.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
What the...!? Are they even reading what they type? I guess I don't expect much from BA any longer, but that is so much BS I don't even know where to begin.

I'll be in CCR next Sunday (20/9) and I'll make sure to walk over to GF and make copies of the menu just for the heck of it.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by MarkLHR
BA: Sorry you're frustrated, Mark. We're trialing a new location for our menus, so far it's resulted in much speedier delivery of cold food orders. Hope this helps, let us know if you need anything else!
What on earth is that supposed to mean?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by MarkLHR
I decided to ask BA on Twitter what's going on with this menu lark:-

Me: @British_Airways what is the so called "trial" about with only having menus on request at T5 galleries first lounge? VERY irritating

Not sure I get the logic behind this response whatsoever other than that it must be a cost cutting tactic somehow.
Interested to know if the speedy delivery is of orders for cold food or food orders which are now cold

Perhaps BA should trial that too, as it is obviously something its customers would want.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:57 am

Perhaps we should ask where this new location is?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.