Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone fancy LGW-LIM ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by A1pax
Thanks, c-w-s, for your reply. We will be doing the same sectors lgw-lim-lgw.
I hope you have a nice time in Perú, I was there a few days back and the weather was lovely.

Incidentally BA seem to be doing well on the cargo side of that route: on the way out the belly was full of traffic lights(!), and on the way back Aldi had stuff the hold full of asparagus.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I hope you have a nice time in Perú, I was there a few days back and the weather was lovely.

Incidentally BA seem to be doing well on the cargo side of that route: on the way out the belly was full of traffic lights(!), and on the way back Aldi had stuff the hold full of asparagus.
Thanks again c-w-s. We certainly look forward to our first trip to Peru. Hope the weather stay nice for us.

Interesting about the cargo traffic - but not surprised about cargo full of vegs from Peru. I see a lot of fruit & vegs from Peru in supermarkets.

How was the lounge in Lima?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:57 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
How was the lounge in Lima?
I wouldn't plan an extended stay! It only has 100 seats, which isn't large, so you may find it a bit crowded. I put some details and photos of the Sumaq lounge in the South American lounge guide, which is available via the dashboard. The two stand out things I can highlight about it are pisco sours from the staffed bar; and there is an fresh orange juice machine in pride of place in the centre of the lounge.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:11 pm

I wouldn't plan an extended stay! It only has 100 seats, which isn't large, so you may find it a bit crowded. I put some details and photos of the Sumaq lounge in the South American lounge guide, which is available via the dashboard. The two stand out things I can highlight about it are pisco sours from the staffed bar; and there is an fresh orange juice machine in pride of place in the centre of the lounge.
Thanks c-w-s for lounge info. I checked out your post on it and the lounge certainly looked crowded from the photos. Also you did mention about the traffic from Miraflores area - 1 hour - so I have kept that in mind. We have booked a transfer at 4pm for the 8pm flight back to Gatwick. I like the fresh orange juice machine idea.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:26 pm

. Also you did mention about the traffic from Miraflores area - 1 hour - so I have kept that in mind. We have booked a transfer at 4pm for the 8pm flight back to Gatwick. .
I would say that's way too early, you may well arrive before check-in is open and there tends to be a queue of the impatient already there are that point. It would be better to leave Miraflores around 17:30, you may arrive at 18:00, even if it takes the full hour you still have heaps of time. And if there was an exceptional traffic jam it wouldn't make a difference, the crew hotel is, let us say, in that general vicinity and they only turn up 75 minutes before departure.

Lima is on Uber (best pay via the cash option however, the credit card processing is too slow there), and Google Maps Directions displays live traffic times for Lima, so you can always monitor it on the day too.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:39 am

I would say that's way too early, you may well arrive before check-in is open and there tends to be a queue of the impatient already there are that point. It would be better to leave Miraflores around 17:30, you may arrive at 18:00, even if it takes the full hour you still have heaps of time. And if there was an exceptional traffic jam it wouldn't make a difference, the crew hotel is, let us say, in that general vicinity and they only turn up 75 minutes before departure.

Lima is on Uber (best pay via the cash option however, the credit card processing is too slow there), and Google Maps Directions displays live traffic times for Lima, so you can always monitor it on the day too.
Thanks, c-w-s. Good to know these things. I book all the transfers with a company called taxidatum (reviewed on tripadvisor - some bad but mostly good). They charge US$20 for the transfer from Hilton Miraflores to LIM. I will tell them not to pick us up too early. We have a flight from LIM to CUZ at 9am and they want to pick us up at 6am! So I tell them it is on a domestic flight, we need sleep and breakfast (as I doubt we will get anything on LATAM flight for just over an hour). Have never used Uber before, maybe one of these days I will sign up.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum

I'm not even sure how you gleaned that bit of info ...!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.