Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone fancy LGW-LIM ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by PrimaVista
I got to experience their new J cabin SIN-CDG in June and was really pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.
Not a regular on AF but on the few occasions I have flown them I have also found the service to be very good.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Caleklika
Lets be honest guys... Would anyone really travel on AF? You'd probably have to pay me to travel with them.
AF is my second favourite airline! They have a great network, excellent / very experienced / interesting crews and CDG is a better experience than it used to be. They are a very style conscious airline, sometimes a bit leftfield and combine that with an impish sense of humour.

Food is a bit hit-miss, more so than BA, but it's probably the only worldwide airline that can hold a candle to BA's drinks effort. Seating remains a massive lottery however. I know a lot of people cite safety concerns but I am happy that they maintain high standards.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by chris1979
Ł1,964 ex DUB (cheaper than BRU, AMS, OSL)

vs Ł2,642 ex LGW via MAD

vs Ł2,946 ex LGW direct.
To get this back on topic again - it seems to be included in the current fare sale as well - CW for Ł2000 and WTP Ł1037 direct from LGW. And from Dublin around Ł1500 in CW.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
Not a regular on AF but on the few occasions I have flown them I have also found the service to be very good.
I generally find AF to have rather good (and improving) service, even if they are not in the top league.
That said, LIM is one of the destinations for their "COI" (high-density leisure) product, which is significantly worse than the normal offering, especially in Y: no main choice, no champagne...

I generally don't have anything against AF on long-haul, even if they are not my favorite carrier. But I do avoid them on the LIM route - which means I'm particularly happy to see BA opening it !
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:35 am

Anyone booked LIM in the sale yet?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
No, not yet, but I am tempted.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:35 pm
Suspended

I got excited when I read 'BA to start London - Lima' thinking it would be a great flight from LHR with the connections and seeing that AF and KL have made a success of it. Expected a daily from LHR using the Entebbe and Almaty slots.

Imagine my disappointment when I found out this is just going to be 2x weekly LGW service for British holidaymakers. I mean come on, we need to start trading with these sorts of countries not just adding them to bucket and spade list.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PrimaVista
Dear British Airways Route Planning

Thrilled with all these new Gatters routes, but please, for the love of God, will you give us the link from Manchester back please to make use of them please..?

Chuck a Shamrock A320 on the service...anything.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyingcrazy
Imagine my disappointment when I found out this is just going to be 2x weekly LGW service for British holidaymakers. I mean come on, we need to start trading with these sorts of countries not just adding them to bucket and spade list.
Goodness gracious. Well I don't see many buckets and spades going to Glasgow, Algiers or Tirana, and there are plenty of business travellers going to Bermuda, Port of Spain and Kingston, self included.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: British Airways Silver Card
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
AF is my second favourite airline! They have a great network, excellent / very experienced / interesting crews and CDG is a better experience than it used to be. They are a very style conscious airline, sometimes a bit leftfield and combine that with an impish sense of humour.

Food is a bit hit-miss, more so than BA, but it's probably the only worldwide airline that can hold a candle to BA's drinks effort. Seating remains a massive lottery however. I know a lot of people cite safety concerns but I am happy that they maintain high standards.
Let me put it this way, I'd rather take my 4 MH sectors that I paid 500 SGD for than be paid 500 SGD to take 4 AF sectors. Plus I'm one of the few brits that didn't learn french... Spanish paid off much better if I'm honest.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
My Mother used to fly this route as cabin crew for BOAC on 707s although I think she was called an Air Hostess at that time and the route was from London Airport!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
AF is my second favourite airline! They have a great network, excellent / very experienced / interesting crews and CDG is a better experience than it used to be. They are a very style conscious airline, sometimes a bit leftfield and combine that with an impish sense of humour. .
Years ago AF used to be our regular choice of airline to EZE....so much so we actually got some status with their Frequence Plus programme. However despite good service it was one hell of a slog to get to and from CDG from Glasgow. If AF hadn't usually been 40% cheaper than BA we wouldn't have gone to all the trouble to fly with them.

Must admit I never witnessed any sense of humour from the crew. I thought they were mostly stuck up if I'm honest. However the female cabin crew were always stylish and reeked of expensive perfume. The males on the other hand were the scruffiest cabin crew I've ever seen.

Looks like time has caught up with AF. Their stubbornness to change has now found them out.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Years ago AF used to be our regular choice of airline to EZE....so much so we actually got some status with their Frequence Plus programme. However despite good service it was one hell of a slog to get to and from CDG from Glasgow. If AF hadn't usually been 40% cheaper than BA we wouldn't have gone to all the trouble to fly with them.

Must admit I never witnessed any sense of humour from the crew. I thought they were mostly stuck up if I'm honest. However the female cabin crew were always stylish and reeked of expensive perfume. The males on the other hand were the scruffiest cabin crew I've ever seen.

Looks like time has caught up with AF. Their stubbornness to change has now found them out.
Does AF not offer GLA-CDG?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flyingcrazy
Does AF not offer GLA-CDG?
They did many years ago but it didn't last long. BA had a GLA-CDG service on a BAC1-11.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
With this route and a few other recent additions, and the recent WW posturing about another Heathrow runway being too expensive, I wonder if BA and even OW are thinking of making LGW more relevant? There's even a rumour on the CX forum about a possible HKG-LGW addition, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-asia-miles/1703188-cx-considering-fly-london-gatwick-lgw.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.