Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL
Probably because they were bronze Exec Club tags...
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Probably because they were bronze Exec Club tags...
Never judge a person by their bag tags
Old Aug 26, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA LTG, Defender of the turnip.
Originally Posted by Markie
To Copenhagen again today - Club Europe, Gold, Silver, Bronze all announced together. I enquired why no preference for Club the agent explained that it depends on how many of each level she has - the clear demarkation she explained, was how they were supposed to do it.

Palm hits forehead.
Interesting, for BA 819 yesterday they called CE and Gold/OE before calling anyone else, seemed to result in a number of bemused folk around the gate.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Experienced this new process last night from LHR-BHD. Called business UK and gold cards only. Fast track queue packed 40-50 long. A few listened and held back and the rest of the silvers and bronzes continued to scrum forward and they were not told to wait.

Little point in calling it if it's not enforced.

Led to obedient silvers and bronzes being queue jumped by other silvers and bronzes and just a general feeling of confusion and cluelessness.

BA currently by far have the worst boarding system of any airline I have tried, and I have tried many.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:09 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

On an award booking MAN-LHR-DXB in J, would I have any priority on the MAN-LHR leg (no status)?

Cheers
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
On an award booking MAN-LHR-DXB in J, would I have any priority on the MAN-LHR leg (no status)?

Cheers
Not going by my experience today. No enforcement of the new policy. They called Gold, Silver and Bronze all together. Those who crowded the gate were allowed through with the gate security agent proudly saying "I can't be bothered with that nonsense just come through".

Farcical
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:15 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Not going by my experience today. No enforcement of the new policy. They called Gold, Silver and Bronze all together. Those who crowded the gate were allowed through with the gate security agent proudly saying "I can't be bothered with that nonsense just come through".

Farcical
Ahhhh, the usual MAN boarding then This will be the first time for about 12 years I don't have at least silver status. I I'll just stay in the lounge until the last minute.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC
Although slightly O/T was on the final flight of the day from MXP earlier and no new boarding enforced.

Although a light load only about 50% what I found to be extremely comical and definitely taking the p... with the hand baggage allowance is that a couple on the flight, had no less than:

2x Large Shopping Bags (not DF)
2x Wheelie Rucksacks
2x Wheelie Bags

and last but not least....

1x Violin Case

I am genuinely not joking about it, but wonder how on earth they got it all onboard!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB

Cheers
If it is a J award booking you should be booked in a Business UK fare class
which will allow priority boarding (the first group along with BA Gold/OWE if the new boarding procedures are adhered to).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
ORY to LHR the new policy was being enforced yesterday; also a large new sign in front of the fast track lane explaining the new rules.

(But with no golds appearing and 5 people in CE ....)
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by perthflyer
If it is a J award booking you should be booked in a Business UK fare class
which will allow priority boarding (the first group along with BA Gold/OWE if the new boarding procedures are adhered to).
I did lba to lhr as the 1st part of a 1st redemption to Muscat on Monday. Always had said UK business before on previous runs but boarding cards printed at desk as couldn't do olci. In the booking it said domestic. On the ticket it says c? Only 30 on the plane though so not an issue. Amusing that with such a small load we had been allocated 1 seat in row 3 and 1 in row 19.

Last edited by Barnaby100; Aug 28, 2015 at 1:34 am
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flying from ZRH to LHR this morning and their announcement was that boarding would follow:
- Gold and CE
- Silver
- Bronze
- ET

I was travelling CE, but the person checking passports at the gate almost asked me to go back (noticing the mere Silver status) so it looks like they at least *planned* to enforce it strictly!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
We had the new boarding process at CPH yesterday on the BA821 flight, golds and CE only were called first.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Silver
Ahhhh, the usual MAN boarding then This will be the first time for about 12 years I don't have at least silver status. I I'll just stay in the lounge until the last minute.
Show them your FT moniker.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:41 am

I don't think that they have got any better at recognising or prioritising status, but I have noticed a renewed effort to get boarding done quickly and the flight off on time which is the most important thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.