Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

Old Aug 23, 15, 10:43 am

BA99 lhr-yyz today. First/club/gold called first and repeated for clarity. Enforced too. Lady in front of me - a silver in WTP was asked to wait (although not out of queue). I was settled for 5 mins before she came through.
Old Aug 23, 15, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Saw a family (2 adults and a child - perhaps about 3 or 4) board in Dubai this morning with 3 roll aways - looked at the edge of size limits, 3 rucksacks and a mid size duffel bag and a box containing what looked like an electric tagine (could have been a lamp though).

Needless to say they were last to board and they were in WT.
Old Aug 23, 15, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA
LHR-GLA on Friday was reasonably well policed, following the new procedure. It would have been better if there was a staff member at the start of the FT lane checking eligibility - a number of people who were waiting their turn ended up blocking the FT lane.
Old Aug 23, 15, 2:40 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
In answer to the question - No.

Old system used for boarding for the BRU flight this afternoon. Fortunately it seemed fairly light in terms of numbers of eligible passengers, so boarding was fine but not in any way down to the system used.
Old Aug 24, 15, 5:56 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Fwiw, I walked by the BA gates at both PHX and PHL yesterday. Neither have new signage for boarding, or the measurement box for the smaller bag.
Old Aug 24, 15, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Flythe96flag View Post
... Wasn't asked to scan, but the staff member did scan all boarding passes that were offered. As I had to queue a few minutes, offered my BP.
Any idea why this has been introduced? I'm sure there's probably a thread somewhere on FT discussing it to the death......
Old Aug 24, 15, 5:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Just did LHR-HAM-LHR in Y and felt that it worked well, although it is hard to tell if boarding was actuually quicker- I certainly didn't perceive there to be the same amount of faffing around for overhead space as I have seen in recent flights, although this is probably down to the pro-active second item tagging rather than the new boarding process. What is important is that the new rules are properly enforced, and in that sense both HAM and LHR gate staff did well.
Old Aug 24, 15, 6:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
To Copenhagen again today - Club Europe, Gold, Silver, Bronze all announced together. I enquired why no preference for Club the agent explained that it depends on how many of each level she has - the clear demarkation she explained, was how they were supposed to do it.

Palm hits forehead.
Old Aug 24, 15, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by flashware View Post
Any idea why this has been introduced? I'm sure there's probably a thread somewhere on FT discussing it to the death......
Statistics gathering.
Old Aug 24, 15, 9:27 pm

Programs: LH HON
They should switch to zone boarding and assign proper zoning groups to elite/premium flyers.
Old Aug 24, 15, 11:22 pm

BA283 LHR-LAX yesterday boarded the old way, with First and Club mixed with Gold and Silver. As it happens, I was a GCH flying WT+, so I was not in a position to complain.
Old Aug 25, 15, 3:07 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by prof View Post
BA283 LHR-LAX yesterday boarded the old way, with First and Club mixed with Gold and Silver. As it happens, I was a GCH flying WT+, so I was not in a position to complain.
As with Old First and New First you will now get Old Boarding and New Boarding. In case you get Old Boarding and you are unhappy, you might try to claim extra Avios (50.000?).
Old Aug 25, 15, 4:14 am

Not noticed any change - still chaos when boarding at LHR and on Sunday's flight back from Boston chaos too. The number of pre-boards was a joke with lots of people suddenly being part of some of the biggest families I have ever seen. No enforcement at the gate.
Old Aug 25, 15, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
LHR-KRK last week, full flight, they called Club and Golds first. No queue in Fast Track before boarding was started.
KRK - LHR, Club and Golds called first but I saw a lot of Bronzes to come forward as well. They had tags on bags so easy to identify.
Old Aug 25, 15, 4:39 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey View Post
LHR-KRK last week, full flight, they called Club and Golds first. No queue in Fast Track before boarding was started.
KRK - LHR, Club and Golds called first but I saw a lot of Bronzes to come forward as well. They had tags on bags so easy to identify.
Just out of interest, how can you tell which cabin they're in from their bag tags?

Search this Thread