Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
The last two flights LHR-VIE I took were boarding according to the new instructions. There were only 4 Gold(1 in CE), 2 Silver and a few in Bronze, but all done separately.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
What's the procedure on boarding if myself a Bronze, is flying with my partner with no status? Can we board together or do I have to wait until it's her turn as well?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by Furton
What's the procedure on boarding if myself a Bronze, is flying with my partner with no status? Can we board together or do I have to wait until it's her turn as well?
I always just say "follow me close behind" and lead the way into whatever queue I am entitled to. If challenged I say (politely!) that "we are travelling together". Most airlines give boarding priority of the highest status on the PNR, and even if we are not on the same PNR I just act like we are.

(Except on Easyjet where they do look whether each boarding pass has "Speedy Boarding" )
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
New signs were in evidence at BSL this morning and announcement definitely said "...customers travelling in our Club Europe cabin and Executive Club Gold and Oneworld Emerald card holders..."

I assume it all went smoothly but I didn't see as I was at the front of the Fast Track queue...
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
What if you are bronze,but travelling in CE?Do you still get to go on first as you are in CE cabin??
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by liamvad
What if you are bronze,but travelling in CE?Do you still get to go on first as you are in CE cabin??
Yes.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just heading to AMS where the fast track queue is often longer than the normal one...interested to see what happens this evening.

I still don't understand the yellow tag. Does it mean guaranteed onboard, under seat or both? If sat in an exit row with just a small rucksack, am I better getting it tagged or not? So far nobody has bothered to tag me...
Old Aug 19, 2015, 10:38 am

About to board 2763 from AMS-LGW - it looks as if this is being rather rigidly enforced. As a Blue, of course, I'll see no benefit.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ABax
About to board 2763 from AMS-LGW - it looks as if this is being rather rigidly enforced. As a Blue, of course, I'll see no benefit.
Ah sorry I just missed you or I would have guested you in to the lounge.

They used the new boarding procedure but made a hash of it as they called silvers too soon and opened up a second lane. Consequently you had silvers fast tracking golds! Oh well...give I some time I suppose!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: sans status now :(
LHR to EDI they had the sign but all priority groups lumped into one lane all at once. No announcement about which groups could board when!. Seemed quite chaotic.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Tonights JER service from LGW was CE, Gold and Silvers together and not sure after that but they had said it would be strictly by seat row number due to full flight. Ended up with a free middle seat next to me so wasn't completely full although boarding was completed much quicker than usual, about 10 minutes.

Some yellow tags dotted around on bags but onboard announcements made no mention of them, rather just that the smaller item should go under the seat.

Ironically there was 1 person who had both his bags yellow tagged despite one being quite clearly bigger than the under seat dimensions.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:43 am

Programs: QF, BA, VA
The poor chap trying to oversee the process at DUB today was very confused, he stopped me checked my boarding pass and ask me to move to the general lane. I am a GCH and was flying in CE. It was the Emerald on the boarding pass that confused him..... apparently.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thumbs down

The new procedure was not followed at JFK last night. They announced pre-boards, those needing assistance and First, Club World, Gold, Silver, Bronze and oneworld equivalents to board all at the same time.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And they are still on "one group" fast track in LHR T5 too, so that aspect doesn't appear to have been implemented, except on the trial routes.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: sans status now :(
Yesterday at LHR they announced Gold and Silver (over an almost inaudible announcement) but never got to Bronze. When we went to ask, they said, fine. But I assume anyone who wanted could have just jumped in with the Golds and Silvers and probably been fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.