Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

Old Aug 18, 2015, 4:46 pm
ECR

Last Sunday they had the new signs at the gate for my domestic flight which listed the groups in order.

The process they used didn't follow this though. The called Business UK first, shortly followed by Gold/Emerald. They then called all passengers seated in the rear part of the plane.

It seems there was no priority for Silver or Bronze.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I helped out an Indian pax standing in the Fast Track line who answered (correctly) to the negative when he was asked if he was a cardholder by the "staffer". She looked at his BP and I spotted his BP was endorsed with 'Business UK' and only that. While she had moved him to the side and came to inspect my credentials I pointed out he was a Business UK pax to which she proclaimed she didn't have her glasses on to see it. Justice was restored forthwith.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:50 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I boarded at Heathrow for CPH yesterday.
Whilst the agent did do a Club Europe announcement, she immediately went in to Gold Card holders so the people in front of me travelling in EuroTraveller never moved!
These signs were at the gates:
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Flying back to LHR from CDG yesterday, boarding was called in the following order:
Club Europe
BAEC Gold / OWE
BAEC Silver / OWS
BAEC Bronze / OWR
Economy seats in the back
Economy seats in the front

Whilst it was only an A319, and I suspect it wasn't full either, boarding appeared to be really quick. In no time after sitting down I heard the door being closed. ^

Outbound trip from LHR had the "old" boarding system.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
Originally Posted by Ziz
At DUB last week, .........
I suppose you can't expect every gate agent to memorize the exit/bulkhead rows but people could get around the system by claiming they were in an exit row.
How many different types of plane do they get in DUB?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:57 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out in practice on Sunday afternoon, when I fly out of T5 in CE. Under the old system I'd expect a fair chunk of the aircraft to be entitled to priority boarding.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

with various travellers forcing their second bag into the gauge and then being unable to get them out again!
Not yet for me on BA but I'm certainly that guy.
On a Ryanair flight my smallish roller bag didn't quite fit (but fits easily into the lockers), I merely took out a Jumper and my coat put them on put my bag in the gauge and said to the guy checking I'm going to put them straight back in my bag once I walk past you.
He didn't care his job was to make sure your 1 bag fits in the gauge, they made a women check a hat in a box as it didn't fit.

It will be interesting how well BA enforce these rules
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by Markie
Whilst the agent did do a Club Europe announcement, she immediately went in to Gold Card holders so the people in front of me travelling in EuroTraveller never moved!
I thought the new order was CE and GCH at the same time?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:28 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_4_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12H321 Safari/600.1.4)

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Originally Posted by Markie
There's a sign a few posts up that might prove helpful.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:33 am
V10

I was trying (but failed) to find a picture of the new sign that - if I remember correctly - includes a reference to boarding being in the order listed. It's not evident in the photo a few posts up.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
That has been my experience so far at T5: Gold and Business UK called together on domestic, Gold and CE called together on SH, F and CW called at the same time on LH. Despite what the signs say.

I think it is fair to say a sizeable proportion of people on Business UK tickets don't have a clue that's what they have.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by V10
I was trying (but failed) to find a picture of the new sign that - if I remember correctly - includes a reference to boarding being in the order listed. It's not evident in the photo a few posts up.
See this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25080755-post120.html. The photo shows the writing at the top of the sign explaining the process.

Those signs have been at T5 for well over a month.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by V10
Sorry I cut the top off! That is the Fast Track new sign.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by KARFA

Those signs have been at T5 for well over a month.
Thanks for posting the original photo, KARFA.
I noticed that even after those signs went up, BA posted this (about the trial):

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Just to let you all know that the following airports have been added to the boarding trials up until the 22nd of July.

Short Haul – Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich, Stuttgart, Hanover, Berlin, Vienna, Basel, Budapest, Prague, Milan Linate, Athens
Mid Haul - Beirut
Long haul – Dubai, Houston, Washington and Dallas

The priority in which we will board will be as follows
Group 1: Club Europe / Gold
Group 2: Silver
Group 3: Bronze & back to front

If you do happen to be travelling through any of these airports during this time we would very much welcome your feedback.

Warm regards
Louise
I'm thinking that either they had no interest in what the trial showed and were just planning on boarding in the order of the signs anyway or the signs were designed to be generic and actual boarding would involve some combinations of those groups in descending order.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:12 am
V10

Thanks KARFA, and no problem Markie.

Maybe the alternative expectations around Golds and CE boarding at the same time arose as a result of the previous trials when various things seem to have been tried out, or slightly different interpretations are still being used by individual gate agents whilst the new system beds in.

I think the point about what happens when people are already queueing and waiting their turn is an unknown right now (and that queue invariably seems to form) - will it be necessary to run the gauntlet of muttering golds when CE boarding is called?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.