Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
They would never invite cabins to board that weren't present on the aircraft*

*Except the GVA flight I heard yesterday being announced with World Traveller Plus
Indeed, but I think as they remain listed as the top two on the blue board at fast track, the passengers were arguing for it.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: OneWorld, Star Alliance, SkyTeam, AMEX
Originally Posted by MADPhil
There is a long thread about bus boarding - it's hard to know what good fast track to the bus would do as you will stuffed down one end and last off!
I see, I am not particularly bothered, more surprised. I was expecting a separate bus for priority PAX.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by johnspenceruk
I see, I am not particularly bothered, more surprised. I was expecting a separate bus for priority PAX.
There's a lot of discussion about that too!
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by johnspenceruk
Air France does this but I've never seen BA do it!
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by flashware
Air France does this but I've never seen BA do it!
Happen to me once at LHR, first time I was in CE and bussed, I thought it was standard.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 4:58 am

Just boarded the 180 at JFK (Sep 16). As usual it was infants & special needs, club and first and "BAEC members and OneWorld partners" all called together. Note "BAEC members" not even specifying gold/silver/bronze. So blues as well?

Fairly empty flight though, and I'd barely passed the gate agent when they began general boarding from the back.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Great boarding at Dulles on Sunday, announcement in the Lounge that First would use Gate 42 and others Gate 44. When we arrived at Gate 42 it said First rows 1-4, brilliant no queuing, and our own air bridge, just how it should be.
Can't say the same for passport control and security. 3 desks open for passports, 2 for premium and 1 for others and then only 2 places open for security, there were 100's waiting and it took us at least 45 minutes. What a farce.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
5th September. LHR-MRS: new process announced on tannoy, but no checks at gate.

15th September. MRS-LHR: old process, old signs, scrum at the gate.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I flew BA1402 to MAN yesterday and we had the new announcement at the gate, but no obvious change in terms of how hand baggage was managed. I didn't see anyone tagging bags. We were 30 or late pushing back awaiting passengers delayed in security and from what I could see from my vantage point in 1D we had the usual scrum and issues with too many bags!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA
i flew BA206 MIA - LHR

New Boarding was: First / Club / WT+ / WT over Row 40 .... without any Status Boarding.

Big Chaos because the Status Passengers always try to go but where send back even with the wrong Row in WT Cabin.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
This situation is perhaps buried in the 14 pages of thread but I'm wondering if anyone has real experience of how the process works in this instance. Situation is 3 pax on same flight, in shorthaul Y:

Passenger 1: GCH
Passenger 2: SCH, on different PNR from Passenger 1
Passenger 3: no status, on same PNR as Passenger 2. Child.

All same family.

So - when is the earliest they can board? With passenger 1? Or do they have to board with passenger 3?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
MAN to LHR today.
First boarding announcement:

"We invite our priority customers to board at this time, being BA executive club gold, silver and bronze and their one world equivalents."

No business uk or graded status level. All passengers permitted through boarding pass inspection irrespective of status (2 of my group boarded next to me and they have no status, without mentioning they were with me.)
No yellow tags at check in or gate. Very obvious oversized hard aluminium wheely cases plus personal bags allowed on with no queries.
Probably 80% load, so no problems.
However, either there is a policy or there isn't. I don't particularly care as my hand baggage tends to be minimal. It would appear to be implemented on a gate agent discretionary rather than a mandatory process.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Last night at EDI. no announcement made. As soon as the screen showed boarding a man rushed forward and thrust his BP in the agents hand exclaiming how the screen showed boarding. She wasn't ready, and after shouting down the stairs to see if they were ready, she started scanning and letting people through. No checks of any status made.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by rjn21
MAN to LHR today.

"We invite our priority customers to board at this time, being BA executive club gold, silver and bronze and their one world equivalents."

No business uk or graded status level. All passengers permitted through boarding pass inspection irrespective of status (2 of my group boarded next to me and they have no status, without mentioning they were with me.)
No yellow tags at check in or gate. Very obvious oversized hard aluminium wheely cases plus personal bags allowed on with no queries.
However, either there is a policy or there isn't. I don't particularly care as my hand baggage tends to be minimal. It would appear to be implemented on a gate agent discretionary rather than a mandatory process.
Poor show. Totally agree- there is either a policy or there isn't. Rules should be applied consistently otherwise you get total chaos. BA need to sort this out.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by rjn21
MAN to LHR today.

BA is unable to enforce its own new hand baggage policy and its new boarding procedure. Boarding procedure and hand baggage allowance are now function of local conditions, the load of the plane, the mood of the gate agents. I have the impression that some BA gate agents want to make a statement to their management. For the pax, it is plain inconsistency.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.