Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Boarding Process- has anyone noticed an improvement?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by njf63
BA2956 LGW-GLA this morning.

Gate 45L so a lovely bus ride including a 10-minute wait at traffic lights while G-EUYM sorted itself out in front of us .... still, at least the sun was shining

No boarding signs, no gauges, no announcements except "please board the waiting bus" and nary a yellow tag to be seen...

On-time departure though and the middle seat next to me was unexpectedly free, so all good in the end
And BA2965 back tonight GLA-LGW...

GLA has an interesting mix at the moment: old single sizers at check-in, and the same again in the gate area, but also the new Priority Boarding signs.

Again tonight yellow tags seem to have gone extinct

Boarding announcement slightly strange as well - "Gold, Silver, OWE, Business UK" called together then General Boarding.

Inbound was late and we departed 43 mins behind schedule but a great job at the pointy end got us to the gate at Gatwick only 25 mins late. At which point BA yet again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by keeping us standing there while they tried to find some ground staff to work the Domestic Arrivals doors

Anyway home now, showered and quickly doing this before sleeping...

Safe travels all
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:32 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
ABZ-LHR this morning: new boarding policy done as described and enforced. People waited behind the tensa barrier, it all went smoothly.
New carry-on rules: unsure about the enforcement. Some people with 2 bags had yellow tags, some did not. It did not seem to have been followed, and it was certainly not announced.
No problem though as the A321 was around 60% full, so enough space for all.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:43 am

Enforced on this morning's LHR-OSL. People that tried to jump were sent to the back and told to wait till their status is called.

Flight was 30-40% full so not much of an issue anyway really.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
BA173 today - Gate agent announces that Priorty Boarding will commence followed by "we invite passengers travelling in First, Club World [pauses and looks at the new priority boarding sign] and Gold, Silver and Bronze executive club members" - so in practice no change!
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I flew ex T3 to VIE on Friday and it was back to the old system, namely Club Europe, Gold, Silver, Bronze all in one go. So clearly still some work to be done, even at home base.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Going back in time:

August 18 BA296 CW ORD-LHR: F boarded through the back door, CW and elites Fast Track, don't know after that.

August 19 BA1394 BUK LHR-MAN: BUK and elites Fast Track, don't know after that.

August 25 BA1387 BUK MAN-LHR: one big line. I ask GA whether they will do Fast Track and am told yes. I and others lurk on one side. GA goes through line pulling out BUK and elites. They and the lurkers board. After that presumably by line position.

August 25 BA295 CW LHR-ORD: First, then CW and elites through Fast Track, don't know after that. There were four lanes marked Fast Track, 2, 3, 4 but 2 and 4 were blocked off.

There were no obvious bag checks but certainly on the 18th. everyone would likely have been grandfathered in anyway. I had one carry-on sized in between old and new and no tag was offered.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
LAX - LHR BA268: 4th September

No priority boarding at all, a large queue/scrum formed at the gate from about 45 minutes before boarding. No separation or priority boarding announced, no lanes. Only managed to board after about half the economy passengers as CW/silver.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
CE flight on Wednesday- invited Club and Gold only.(which was when i boarded). The sign also said silver and Bronze.

Same for LHR-LBA yesterday, except no mention, either on the sign, or by the staff of bronze......
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:43 pm

Announced and enforced at LHR for Rome today.

Although she didn't help herself by announcing 'Golds and OneWorld Silvers' - she did correct it with a manual 'shout' when the first silver got turned away with 'Golds and Emeralds only'.

Seemed to make life smoother.

No one intercepted me with a yellow tag (two people manning regular track security - no one on fast track) and she didn't mention it on boarding - but there were plenty of tags in evidence.

A good amount of cabin baggage shuffling going on toward the end - but it all fitted - just some stuff was a few rows away from the owner.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
LHR to YYZ last week on a 787. No F class. Anounced
boarding of CW, gold silver and bronze all together initially (announced emerald, Saphire and Ruby also) not sure what happened after that as we went left at the door to row 1 once on board
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
BA442 LHR-AMS today.

Yellow-tagged before I even got into South Security

At the gate, CE Gold and OWE called after pre-board, of course there was a baldy chancer suit (sad, sad man !) who proclaimed "Oh, thought you called Silver..." Yeah, right buddy what a loser

Otherwise seemed to go smoothly...
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Much better on this morning's LHR-MAD flight than a few weeks ago. Those not CE or Gold/OWE were turned away.

Perhaps the teething problems are subsiding.

H
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:38 am

I found that on all my flights after the changes (2 in CW, 4 in CE and 3 in ET) but one where there was a general announcement the new procedures have at least been tried to be implemented.

However the issue is that a lot of people still have not got up to date with the new procedures and they still think they have priority even when the announcement is made in order so a queue is formed and there is lots of confused looks between people.

I have seen bronze and silver go in first without being turned back. Especially bronze with mobile boarding passes that don't look too much different from the Gold boarding pass.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by michalis
I found that on all my flights after the changes (2 in CW, 4 in CE and 3 in ET) but one where there was a general announcement the new procedures have at least been tried to be implemented.

However the issue is that a lot of people still have not got up to date with the new procedures and they still think they have priority even when the announcement is made in order so a queue is formed and there is lots of confused looks between people.

I have seen bronze and silver go in first without being turned back. Especially bronze with mobile boarding passes that don't look too much different from the Gold boarding pass.
Find that quite interesting too - before the first flight I took that had been impacted by the changes, I actually received TWO emails from BA advising of the changes, etc. and to "be aware".

One came with my Exec Club details, TP balance, points balance, etc...... and one without. All rather strange really but at least they're getting the message out ^
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Excellent boarding at DUB this morning with three queues. One for J and gold, another for Silver and bronze then a third queue for general boarding. Interestingly the silver queue wasn't signed at all so when the gate agent came down the fast track queue and kicked out Silvers they thought they had to join the general boarding queue ....... until she opened the silver queue. I had a quick chat with the gate agent who said that the new rules were a huge help and boarding was now much better at DUB (ten out of ten for her, she really knows what she is doing and carries out her role in an exemplary manner). Boarding was duly completed very quickly using this method and the captain came on the PA to thank everyone for boarding so promptly. It really is the gate agent who needs thanks.
What a good start to my first ex-DUB!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.