Wiki Posts
Search

BA T5 galleries B Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
BA T5 galleries B Lounge

Decided to go to the B lounge as both North and South 'a' lounges were rammed. I had 3.5 hours left until my flight. Arrived at the B lounge only to be told "Your flight will depart from A do you cant come in". You have to use "A" lounges.

I said " I know it's 'A" but thought I could use this lounge too as I'm flying in CE. Dragon said "no" , you have to use A. I also mentioned it did not say anything on the internet about only using specific lounged. She still barked "no"

Explained I would leave plenty of time to walk back and accepted thd risk but she kept barking "no".

Irony is, 1 hour before departure it pops up saying B36! Yes, I did go back to the lounge, just to prove a point!!

In future, what can I do? Ask for a Manager or just accept what's told to me? Advice appreciated! Thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
You should have been permitted to use the lounge. You should have requested a manager, and/or shown a copy of the oneworld rules: oneworld.com/lounges
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I'm not aware of any restriction on lounge usage based on area of departure ( especially as you are accepting the risk of getting back to the original gate)

I would ask for the manager ( and also send a compliant to BA on this occasion)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
if as you suggest that this person "Barked" then im afraid to say they should not be where they are and I would have been having words with management

as far as im aware all lounges are for use
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
If I've for at least a couple of hours before departure in T5 And I have lounge access I usually head over the Galleries B. I'm finding Galleries A both North & South to be extreamly busy these days and with the transit walkway it's quick and easy to get between A & B.

The lounge agent usually asks why I'm over at B and I give the same answer that A is packed. Always been let in with the agent just asking if I know the way back to A.

In the OP's case I would certainly have asked to speak with the lounge manager.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
There can't be that many staff that work the entrances. How difficult is it to give staff training in what is really not in the grand scheme of things challenging?? Am i missing something?! At lhr for any gc lounge: OW sapphire and emerald or any business or first ticket in or outbound. Let in. The end.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
All staff work all positions except ticketing.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by BA6501
All staff work all positions except ticketing.
And how many positions could one staff member be theoretically asked to cover in any one day? The answer i suspect will make me question my own sanity. Luckily i have to go pick up a carryoot curry so i'll come back here in a few hours.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by jcm9000
And how many positions could one staff member be theoretically asked to cover in any one day? The answer i suspect will make me question my own sanity. Luckily i have to go pick up a carryoot curry so i'll come back here in a few hours.
Last time out of SEA I saw the Station Chief working the check-in desk for Y. Later on he was working at the gate helping with boarding.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
MMB even lists Galleries Club North, South and T5B for all Silver/Club bookings.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
You should have been permitted to use the lounge. You should have requested a manager, and/or shown a copy of the oneworld rules: oneworld.com/lounges
Thank you. Will try again in a few weeks. Thanks for the advice.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
another weird thing.... its like saying you cant use CCR if you are flying from B.

maybe everywhere was v busy or something, tho still odd
Old Aug 16, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA silver,
I have never used the lounge in T5B. For future reference, where is the entrance to the walkway between A and B. Also my LH flights are usually from T5C so if I use the lounge in T5b can I get back on the transit at B to get to T5C or do I have to walk back to T5a and then take the transit direct to "C"?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, HH Gold, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by rjhcambs
Also my LH flights are usually from T5C so if I use the lounge in T5b can I get back on the transit at B to get to T5C or do I have to walk back to T5a and then take the transit direct to "C"?
You can get the transit or walk from T5B to T5C, you do not have to return to T5A and start again.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC / Hilton Honors / Accor
Originally Posted by rjhcambs
I have never used the lounge in T5B. For future reference, where is the entrance to the walkway between A and B. Also my LH flights are usually from T5C so if I use the lounge in T5b can I get back on the transit at B to get to T5C or do I have to walk back to T5a and then take the transit direct to "C"?
If you want to use the walkway then take the lift in A for the transit train but exit at level -4 and not -2. It's well signposted, I'd say almost impossible to go wrong. You can use the B lounge then head directly to C.

C-W-S posted an excellent pictorial guide for the transit walkway.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...assengers.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.