Warsaw Lounge Situation?

Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Been to both the Bolero and one of the Schengen ones. Both were very nice. If you are looking for a healthy snack try the smalec. ��
Old Jun 8, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Access to Fantasia still possible. Very nice lounge.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by o0herbie
The issue is that it's inconveniently located towards the far end of the Schengen side and queues at passports these days are very frequent due to the not-so clever set-up of the border control (the layout has indeed changed not long ago). Bolero (the non-Schengen lounge) has exactly the same catering and the good news is that it will get very quiet as soon as the new LOT/Star Alliance lounge opens next door in the next couple of weeks.

P.S.: the lounge you mention is spelt Fantazja

G
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by o0herbie
Just confirming that a few weeks ago, on the door to Fantazja lounge it stated 'BA Gold' but on the website it claims OneWorld (incl BA) Sapphire and Emerald holders can enter.
However, on the door it also lists Gold and Platinum for Finnair. It seems that WAW don't interpret the OneWorld tiers correctly and although they say any Sapphire can enter on their website, they think that BAEC Gold and Finnair Gold are both the same, and presumably both Sapphire, and so ignore BAEC Silver as something of lower status!
See official website: Warsaw Chopin Airport - Executive Lounges
megaloman likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Will be rerouting our annual Poland trip via Warsaw next year. Looking forward to checking out the Lounge.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
As BA gold can you enter either lounge with a non BAEC companion travelling on same BA flight in Y class?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by sb1982
Just confirming that a few weeks ago, on the door to Fantazja lounge it stated 'BA Gold' but on the website it claims OneWorld (incl BA) Sapphire and Emerald holders can enter.
However, on the door it also lists Gold and Platinum for Finnair. It seems that WAW don't interpret the OneWorld tiers correctly and although they say any Sapphire can enter on their website, they think that BAEC Gold and Finnair Gold are both the same, and presumably both Sapphire, and so ignore BAEC Silver as something of lower status!
See official website: Warsaw Chopin Airport - Executive Lounges
I do not know for sure, but it may be when travelling with Finnair you can use it as BA Silver, but only use it as Gold when travelling with BA

Does Finnair have an arrangement with any other lounges for OW Sapphire?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
I do not know for sure, but it may be when travelling with Finnair you can use it as BA Silver, but only use it as Gold when travelling with BA

Does Finnair have an arrangement with any other lounges for OW Sapphire?
The airport website is quite clear: "EMERALD lub SAPPHIRE - One World: Finnair, Qatar Airways, British Airways, Air Berlin"
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I know what the website says. And you will be hard pushed to find an Air Berlin flight from WAW
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
I know what the website says. And you will be hard pushed to find an Air Berlin flight from WAW
Oh, the website is full of contradictions, errors and inconsistencies! I was just pointing out that it seems unambiguous that BA Gold and Silver members should have access if the site is to be believed, without any caveats.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sb1982
Oh, the website is full of contradictions, errors and inconsistencies! I was just pointing out that it seems unambiguous that BA Gold and Silver members should have access if the site is to be believed, without any caveats.
I'd say it's safe to assume person who compiled eligibility list was an intern and did it with no knowledge / clue how alliances, frequent flyer statuses work. Main misconception can come from the fact that as Star Alliance elite you need to have at least *Gold to enter "Gold Track", lounges etc (with an exception to M&M Silver - or Frequent Traveller status). You apply same rule to non-Star Alliance airline and you end up with only BA Golds allowed to enter the fast track or lounge. One of those silly mistakes which usually takes a bit of effort to sort out.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by megaloman
I'd say it's safe to assume person who compiled eligibility list was an intern and did it with no knowledge / clue how alliances, frequent flyer statuses work. Main misconception can come from the fact that as Star Alliance elite you need to have at least *Gold to enter "Gold Track", lounges etc (with an exception to M&M Silver - or Frequent Traveller status). You apply same rule to non-Star Alliance airline and you end up with only BA Golds allowed to enter the fast track or lounge. One of those silly mistakes which usually takes a bit of effort to sort out.
That's almost certainly the case. WAW is very much *A dominated and whoever knocked up that description of access rules likely confused *A principles with OW ones.

Even when it comes to *A rules they often get it wrong, such as insisting that you need *G written on the BP in order to access Gold Track or the lounge (if you're on a *A flight then having the physical Gold card will do, even if you're crediting to a carrier you don't have status on). That's just not WAW though, this can happen in a lot of places (MAD had a dragon by the entrance to fast track who insisted I didn't have access rights... until I coopted someone from LH to put her straight).
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
When is new Star Alliance opening? Bolero tends to be overcrowded at certain times by people flying LOT.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
When is new Star Alliance opening? Bolero tends to be overcrowded at certain times by people flying LOT.
​​​​​​Mazurek has opened a few days ago.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by megaloman
​​​​​​Mazurek has opened a few days ago.
It opened last Monday (July 23). I went there on July 27 for a morning flight to ZAG and there were only 2 other people in it (at 0830)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.