Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checkin Times at SFO and Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Checkin Times at SFO and Dubai

My Father and I are on the 286 earlier flight at SFO and was wondering what is the earliest time we can check our bags at the Bag Drop? At Dubai DXB for the 1:45 AM flight when can we check our bags the night before?

If memory serves me right its either 3 or 4 hours prior to the first scheduled flight. I know each airline is different.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Not sure about SFO but I'm usually on BA106 from DXB in the winter schedule (I think it departs 2:25am) and the check in is usually around 11pm-11:30pm.

I would expect yours to be around 10:45pm.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:56 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by danielonn
My Father and I are on the 286 earlier flight at SFO and was wondering what is the earliest time we can check our bags at the Bag Drop?
BA 286 is the later flight, 284 is the earlier one. Check in at SFO opens about 3 hours prior to departure of 284.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:43 pm

Check-in at DXB for BA is officially 3 hours prior to scheduled departure. I have seen it open as late as 2.5 hours prior to scheduled departure. In my experience, if you are not flying a premium cabin or have status, get there early to queue up. The contract staff there take things at a leisurely pace. Also be aware of the gate area security check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.