BA16 stop in Singapore

Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
BA16 stop in Singapore

Hi,
On BA16 SYD direct flight to LHR. We stop for 1.25 in SIN. Do we have to get off? If we do , do we have to go through any sort of immigration etc?

Thanks
Sarah
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by sarahuk
Hi,
On BA16 SYD direct flight to LHR. We stop for 1.25 in SIN. Do we have to get off? If we do , do we have to go through any sort of immigration etc?

Thanks
Sarah
Yes you have to get off, and take all of your belongings with you. No immigration, but you do have to go through security to get back into the gate.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 10:57 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
You must disembark and take all belongings with you. The aircraft is cleaned, re-catered etc. Should be enough time to go to the lounge (I would recommend the QF Lounge) and possibly have a shower. You are re-screened for security before getting to the gate area.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Thanks for the advice.
Sarah
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
Originally Posted by Airprox
Yes you have to get off, and take all of your belongings with you. No immigration, but you do have to go through security to get back into the gate.
Last year when I picked up BA16 in SIN, they disembarked the aircraft into a large holding pen area so there was no need to re clear security if just getting off and on again. I don't know if this is a regular thing though. If you go to the lounge, you will need to clear security again though.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No it's not a regular thing, transit customers normally re clear security before reboarding.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Turnaround time can be quite quick so do not dawdle if you want to make use of the QF lounge, which is a 10 to 15 minute walk, depending on the gate.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
If you're off sharp you'll have time for quick shower / shop. Beware if you have duty free from SYD - I did recently and was not in a sealed bag - they confiscated it and slung it in the bin!
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
When we did this flight we had enough time to get off, go to the lounge, shower, change, quick drink, get back to the gate & still queue to reclear security!

It is a fair hike from the gate to the lounge though so probably best not to walk slowly!
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by nux
You must disembark and take all belongings with you. The aircraft is cleaned, re-catered etc. Should be enough time to go to the lounge (I would recommend the QF Lounge) and possibly have a shower. You are re-screened for security before getting to the gate area.
BA lounge still closed, so just Qantas available - on BA15 the other day they made a couple of announcements about process for passengers continuing on to SYD, and referenced Qantas lounge as being the one to use. Presume similar details provided on BA16

(OT - seemed to be a fair few OpUps into F, is this a feature of the route now? Have a WTP fare GUF'd to CW in November, so my only shot of getting into F is operational upgrade roulette!)
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
If you're off sharp you'll have time for quick shower / shop. Beware if you have duty free from SYD - I did recently and was not in a sealed bag - they confiscated it and slung it in the bin!
From a recent experience too, I'd recommend not putting the clear plastic bag with duty free inside your hand luggage as they took mine out to inspect.

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
BA lounge still closed, so just Qantas available - on BA15 the other day they made a couple of announcements about process for passengers continuing on to SYD, and referenced Qantas lounge as being the one to use. Presume similar details provided on BA16

(OT - seemed to be a fair few OpUps into F, is this a feature of the route now? Have a WTP fare GUF'd to CW in November, so my only shot of getting into F is operational upgrade roulette!)
I used the Qantas lounge since the BA lounge was closed - very nice experience overall.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.