Onboard toddler stroller

Old Jul 31, 15, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
Onboard toddler stroller

Can anyone recommend a stroller for a 2 year old that I will be allowed to bring onboard BA flights?
Online reviews are a bit to sponsored for my liking.
Old Jul 31, 15, 4:24 am

Programs: Cathay Pacific Gold, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold, Accor Platinum, BA Blue, Virgin Atlantic Red
We've got a Micralite Superlite for our 2yro which you can get a shoulder bag for. Folds up nicely and is very light.

It fit in the closet in CW on both a 747 and 777 recently to and from JFK. I wouldn't think they'd let you bring it on for WT of WTP though as the bag is quite a long bag so doubt it would fit in the overhead lockers.
Old Jul 31, 15, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We now offer a very good return to gate service for strollers, unless they are really small they won't be allowed onboard.
Old Jul 31, 15, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
I can recommend a Quinny Zapp. Bar one or two occasions we never had a problem taking it onboard for either LH or SH flights due to its compact nature.

A propos, CIHY is right about the return service. We've noticed over the years that it has gotten better.

H
Old Jul 31, 15, 5:51 am

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, Flying Blue silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Babyzen Yoyo fits in the BA hand luggage sizer and can be taken on board as part of your hand luggage allowance instead of a large bag. I have taken mine as hand luggage several times now. It is also a good pushchair to use considering it folds so small and is light.
Old Jul 31, 15, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just wanted to say that we do not offer the return to gate service at LGW, GAL does supply strollers that can be used until,your is returned.
Thank you to the little birdie who reminded me of this who is missed from here. x
Old Jul 31, 15, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH Senator; HHGold; Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
I just wanted to say that we do not offer the return to gate service at LGW, GAL does supply strollers that can be used until,your is returned.
Thank you to the little birdie who reminded me of this who is missed from here. x
Im sure I saw "return to gate" label on pushchairs at Funchal last week? I hope they weren't disappointed.
Old Jul 31, 15, 7:56 am

As a warning if you rely on the return at gate: We've not received a clearly labelled stroller in LHR on two occasions. the first time we were nave and unprepared...the second time we had a Baby Carrier with us. The hikefrom the gate to the belt via the queue at border control is no fun carrying an infant.
So: always take a carrier.
Old Jul 31, 15, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
This looks the business.
I've been let down a couple of times by BA (or whoever runs the service) for the gate service
Originally Posted by flyingbee View Post
Babyzen Yoyo fits in the BA hand luggage sizer and can be taken on board as part of your hand luggage allowance instead of a large bag. I have taken mine as hand luggage several times now. It is also a good pushchair to use considering it folds so small and is light.
Old Jul 31, 15, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC blue, CX Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Le Club Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson View Post
This looks the business.
I've been let down a couple of times by BA (or whoever runs the service) for the gate service
I hope so - bought one yesterday with the infant nest in preparation for GLA-LHR-GVA and back next weekend with a 3 month old. Will report back! Did not fancy waiting around at the gate for a zapp or similar to be returned only to find it had gone to baggage reclaim.
Old Jul 31, 15, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
I will be controversial here and say I believe only strollers which can be folded down and fitted into a similar type bag that is used for fold down bikes should go onboard---and also if it falls within the hand baggage sizes
Old Jul 31, 15, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
Just out of interest, do you happen to know why is this not available at LGW? Extremely pleased that you have mentioned this
Old Jul 31, 15, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry I don't know, maybe GAL and HAL have different ideas about what to offer.
Old Jul 31, 15, 3:13 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, Flying Blue silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by speccy View Post
I hope so - bought one yesterday with the infant nest in preparation for GLA-LHR-GVA and back next weekend with a 3 month old. Will report back! Did not fancy waiting around at the gate for a zapp or similar to be returned only to find it had gone to baggage reclaim.
Have a great trip!

I can't stress enough how pleased we have been with the Babyzen Yoyo, both with the newborn nest and now with the 6 month+ Seat. We got it for our second baby to replace the compact Petit Star Zia that we had for our first baby which was the best newborn, lie-flat option available at the time. The Petit Star was good and small enough to take on as hand luggage on a lightly loaded flight, but was a hassle taking wheels off to fit in the travel bag and then setting it up again.

The Babyzen Yoyo has been so much better for air travel. It is also great to use day to day. We also have a massive off-road style Baby Jogger pushchair for rougher terrain, but we live in the countryside. The Babyzen is so small it doesn't matter if I accidentally leave it in the car boot when I go to the supermarket. It can fold up, out of the way in a restaurant.
Old Jul 31, 15, 6:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
Onboard toddler stroller

+1 for the babyzen yoyo. Although staff are more aware now, we've never had an issue as long as we check in/board with it folded in the bag.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: