Topcashback to BAEC transfer time

Old Jul 30, 15, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Topcashback to BAEC transfer time

Anyone know how long it usually takes to transfer from TCB to BAEC avios?
Old Jul 30, 15, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott & SPG, Hilton, Avis
It usually posts within about a week, if I recall correctly.

Note however, that you'll get better value if you transfer the topcashback money to Tesco Clubcard and then covert from Clubcard to Avios. However this will likely take much longer, since Tesco only issue Clubcard coupons each quarter.

With Clubcard, I think you get 600 Avios per 2.50. Doing direct from topcashback to Avios you'd get only 250 Avios per 2.50.
Old Jul 30, 15, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, Accor Gold, HH Diamond, Krispy Kreme Brown with chocolate sprinkles
Originally Posted by howbigmassive View Post
It usually posts within about a week, if I recall correctly.

Note however, that you'll get better value if you transfer the topcashback money to Tesco Clubcard and then covert from Clubcard to Avios. However this will likely take much longer, since Tesco only issue Clubcard coupons each quarter.

With Clubcard, I think you get 600 Avios per 2.50. Doing direct from topcashback to Avios you'd get only 250 Avios per 2.50.
Thanks. Its been just over 2 weeks so looks like i will have to chase.

I've already used up my 50 TCB to Clubcard limit this year unfortunately. In this case, I wouldn't have been able to use it anyway as the amount is too high.
Old Jul 30, 15, 5:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Just had one paid through within 5 days.

Originally Posted by davrossuk View Post
I've already used up my 50 TCB to Clubcard limit this year unfortunately. In this case, I wouldn't have been able to use it anyway as the amount is too high.
Remember the Hilton points continue beyond the 50 limit.
Old Jul 30, 15, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
Mine was less than a week for TCB to BA.

However, I also have transferred the maximum from TCB to Tesco, so wanted to transfer the excess to BA as daverossuk has, but was really disappointed to find out that Hotels.com cashback cannot be transferred over to Tesco, AVIOS, BA or pretty much anywhere. Does anyone know why these transfer restrictions are in place?

Still Hotels.com cashback is good, and it now has to come to me as a bank transfer - still a good deal.
Old Jul 30, 15, 5:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Scrudgy View Post
However, I also have transferred the maximum from TCB to Tesco, so wanted to transfer the excess to BA as daverossuk has, but was really disappointed to find out that Hotels.com cashback cannot be transferred over to Tesco, AVIOS, BA or pretty much anywhere. Does anyone know why these transfer restrictions are in place?
That applies for a number of travel related companies, in their narrow mindset these companies don't want the cashback to be used on potentially competing service providers. I send mine to M&S and keep the voucher in my bag until used up, it's usable at the airport M&S branches.
Old Jul 30, 15, 5:24 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
That applies for a number of travel related companies, in their narrow mindset these companies don't want the cashback to be used on potentially competing service providers. I send mine to M&S and keep the voucher in my bag until used up, it's usable at the airport M&S branches.
Thanks CWS, that small minded attitude does make sense, we should be used to it I guess.

So I can't transfer my Hotels.com cashback to Avios, but I can take it as cash and then use that cash to buy avios if I so wish.

I wonder if the executives of these companies see the irony (and pettyness)

I always try and use cashback for avios boosting, get a bit miffed when I can't
Old Jul 31, 15, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Its the same for Accor hotels cashback which can't be transferred to either clubcard or BAEC/Avios
Old Jul 31, 15, 6:09 am

Anyone know why there's a 50 limit to Tesco at all?
Old Jul 31, 15, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Scrudgy View Post
Mine was less than a week for TCB to BA.

Still Hotels.com cashback is good, and it now has to come to me as a bank transfer - still a good deal.
You may wish to look at Kaligo for your hotel bookings.Lots of Avios which post in about a week.Sometimes their prices are rather high,and sometimes a real bargain.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: