Wiki Posts
Search

DUB- Flights Appear in the Wrong Order

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond

The missus and I are heading off on our DUB-LIH TP Run-come holiday on Thu and I have noticed something strange about our booking. It goes without saying we are not going the direct route, so we have 7 flights going out, and 7 flights coming back, all on the same PNR. It's a mixture of AY, BA and AA flights. You can probably guess the route!

I booked everything through the GGL line, and my initial email confirmation (with ticket numbers) had some extra AA flights listed at the top, all with flight number AA9999. However further down the email all the expected flights were there and all looked ok.

BA MMB looks fine - all the flights are there, in the right order etc. However if I go on AA.com and put in the AA locator, the first 3 AY and BA flights are all fine, but the rest of the flights are all in the wrong order, even though the flight numbers, dates and times are correct. Has anyone else had this problem?

Should I worry that the flights are in the wrong order on AA.com? I'm thinking about the rule that says that if you miss a segment that the rest of the ticket is cancelled. So if I check in or board a flight that's not in the right sequence might the system assume I've missed a flight and automatically cancel our tickets? It's not beyond the realms of possibility is it, considering the state of some of the airline IT systems!

I might end up ringing AA but thought I would initially share my experience with FT to see whether others have come across a similar situation.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's quite normal. It's to do with a sequence of ghost or parallel entries that have clunked their merry way from Amadeus to SABRE. I've often seen it and it works in the wash eventually. You may find that classic.checkmytrip.com looks a bit of a mess too. The only reason I would worry is if I changed the AA or US legs after initial booking, since the previous SABRE entry may be left alive rather than killed off. I think it has been raised before, our Alaska friend may find examples.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL

I've read on here that the AA9999 thing is some sort of record that you have a pre-devaluation booking.

A few weeks ago I had one flight out of sequence on the AA side of the booking.

No problems were encountered.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks c-w-s and Speedbird876. I'll sleep easy tonight then.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:49 am
Original Poster

The incorrect ordering of flights on this booking caused a problem with my ability to check in and print boarding passes.

We have just got back to LAX (from OGG) and have boarding cards for our next flight to DCA. However BA.com wouldn't allow me to check in to my BA flights back to LHR or onward.

I asked the AA agent at the Flagship lounge and she couldn't print them out either. After a few minutes she noticed the mis-ordering of flights, changed them to appear in the correct order, and bingo, she could print out the boarding cards for the next two BA flights.

Worst case we would have just checked in at the airport at IAD, but worth others being aware.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
billinghamn I had wondered where your TRs had disappeared to. Thanks to your signature I now know! Just started on your latest one.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
billinghamn I had wondered where your TRs had disappeared to. Thanks to your signature I now know! Just started on your latest one.
Hope you enjoy it. Just for a change it's a proper holiday rather than a Tier Point Run!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.