Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Only Front Economy Cabin Appearing When Selecting Seats.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue / AAdvantage Platinum

I am flying this thursday on BA from Singapore to LHR. When selecting my seat i am only shown ROWS 28 to 35 in economy. Is this what happens if all seats are taken in the rear or is this a strange configuration for a 777.

It just means that there are no emergency exit rows available to select.

Perhaps somebody has seen this before. If it is a problem with the website I would phone in case i can get a better seat.

thanks
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12H143 Safari/600.1.4)

That's odd.

Assuming you're on BA16 on the 16th, flight is totally sold out and do it's certainly not a trimming issue.
There are plenty of seats already selected in further down the back so not sure why it won't show you them.

Are you certain you're not doing something wrong on your side, like not moving the seat map far back enough?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:11 am

Programs: None anymore
I have exactly the same issue with an upcoming BA192 (DFW-LHR). MMB is only showing the smaller front section of the B773 (rows 28-35). This section is almost full with the only two seats available being middle seats. Plenty of empty seats further back, but MMB won't show me anything further back than row 35.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
I normally manage to upgrade my WTs to WT+ So I never flew WT before April this year and I now have another this weekend. Both of them were on 773s and neither showed the rear cabin before OLCI.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: Losing status by the day
Been reported a few times on 773 seat maps (I saw it last month):

missing seatmap section

I was able to select front seats with no problem via QR's website.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by henners
I was able to select front seats with no problem via QR's website.
Ditto. Using Qatar's MMB allows you to select as normal. BA's own IT is again not up to the job.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue / AAdvantage Platinum
Just want to say a massive "thanks" to those who chipped in with their suggestions.

I have just completed a tour of ONE WORLD airline sites and the end result is that i am showing 37K on my BA online record now.

Qatar Airlines allowed me to see all the seats but did not recognise my saphire status that would allow me to book the emergency exit rows ahead of OCI. So I changed to another seat at the back and then went back into BA. Magically the back of the plane was reunited with the front (!) with my new seat number. But BA still did not allow me to select an emergency exit row.

So Quantas did the final bit for me...
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:23 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by andrewu
I am flying this thursday on BA from Singapore to LHR. When selecting my seat i am only shown ROWS 28 to 35 in economy. Is this what happens if all seats are taken in the rear or is this a strange configuration for a 777.

It just means that there are no emergency exit rows available to select.

Perhaps somebody has seen this before. If it is a problem with the website I would phone in case i can get a better seat.

thanks
Hi,

This seems to be a known issue caused by a recent update to our backend system. From what we know, it's effecting flights to Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We are currently working on a fix.

I am really sorry for this inconvenience.

Ahmed
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Gold; IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi,

This seems to be a known issue caused by a recent update to our backend system. From what we know, it's effecting flights to Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo. We are currently working on a fix.

I am really sorry for this inconvenience.

Ahmed
Thanks for the info Ahmed. I've also had the same problem on my flight to LAX.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: Losing status by the day
Originally Posted by PlnCzy
Thanks for the info Ahmed. I've also had the same problem on my flight to LAX.
And - as per the linked thread - the 773 rotation to JFK.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PlnCzy
I've also had the same problem on my flight to LAX.
I can't see the full cabin on BA192 DFW-LHR in May next year either. (although as I wrote earlier, I have selected a seat using the Qatar website)
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: Executive Club Gold
Still same problem on BA0169/BA0168 WT seat selection (at least from July), tested on Chrome, Firefox, IE and Android BA app.

I reported this issue on both BA.com and Executive Club help desk, up to today the only way to select 37A is at help desk.

Three months still not enough to fix it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.