Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA454 boarding shambles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
henkybaby:
My mother has heart failure. She can walk from the gate to her seat but not from checkin to lounge to the gate. She also would be unable to 'wait and stand in line' with other passengers for boarding. I will explain to her that she is not genuinely disabled and should stop taking advantage of her minor problem.

PS They always ask if you want to walk the last part yourself. For some people it is also a matter of pride...
+1 to this. Some disabilities are invisible so unless you see someone skipping blithely up the plane singing 'There's nowt wrong with me ha ha ha", it's safer not to judge.

Back on topic though - coming back from BUD they did a simultaneous boarding for the CE/BAEC g/s/b passengers and the ET passengers in the back rows and it was all a bit chaotic. I'd gone CE with my parents as a treat for them and they remarked how some of the early boarding ET passengers were putting their luggage in the CE bins without any pushback from cabin crew. Ultimately, there's a case for saying that's all first world problems but if you're paying for CE and one of the explicit benefits is priority boarding, then it does make a mockery of it.

1F
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
What is a "massed rabble". I would have thought a rabble would by definition have to already be a mass of people.

Surely multiple rabbles would not fit on a A321?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Standard Operating Procedure
Curtis LeMay says it is more correctly Standing Operating Procedure, although Standard is more commonly used.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I've never witnessed a massed rabble at an airport boarding gate. What on earth were the economy passengers doing? All marching arm in arm singing ''Y viva Espana''?
More likely "ˇSí, pasaremos!"
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by DAC71
We could enlist the services of Dr Emil Schaffhausen?
Cheered me up on a depressing Monday morning!
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GFL, Marriott Gold, Swissotel Eleva, Hilton, SPG
HIDDY you flying again? I thought you were firmly stuck in Argie Land longing for a flight on iberia?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by aksai oiler
HIDDY you flying again? I thought you were firmly stuck in Argie Land longing for a flight on iberia?
Got back a few weeks ago from our biannual funfest. IB just get better and better. ^

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24966749-post1.html
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Got back a few weeks ago from our biannual funfest. IB just get better and better. ^
Welcome to the IB appreciation society !

PS: Love the hat and nice report ! I had read it already.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Welcome to the IB appreciation society !

PS: Love the hat and nice report ! I had read it already.
Glad you liked it!!
As we don't travel in F, like luxury hotels or Michelin star restaurants and the wife slaps me if she sees me aiming my camera at females my reports tend to be a bit boring I'm afraid.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Glad you liked it!!
As we don't travel in F, like luxury hotels or Michelin star restaurants and the wife slaps me if she sees me aiming my camera at females my reports tend to be a bit boring I'm afraid.
Except for the last one, I feel the same so I prefer that to a report featuring a Ritz Carlton that could in fact be anywhere in the world and plates that look like paintings instead of food.

Females tend to be more interesting.

PS: Where did you find that cottage by the way, if you don't mind me asking. I want it too ! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.