Last BA 737 FT Do

Old Jul 7, 2015, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Last BA 737 FT Do

Hi all.

Information has come out today that suggests that the last BA 737 Flight will be on the 30th September. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25079838-post1099.html

Young KARFA has done his research and found that it could be the BA2578/BA2579 LGW to Turin Rotations. I appreciate this is a midweek thing however I thought I would throw it out for discussion... Who fancies a Do? I've for now booked to go down on the 29th and come back on the last flight, however with MCT at TRN being 40 minutes and the scheduled turn around being 45 minutes, it's perfectly possible you could do it on one ticket, but this would need to be booked via the Call Centre/AA.com.

Any Questions?

Last edited by BLHD; Jul 7, 2015 at 11:24 am
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Booked the last flight. So sad to see these beauties go
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by BLHD

but this would need to be booked via the Call Centre/AA.com.
Or if using RFSs then make separate bookings.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Foltan
Very fair point!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Foltan
Very fair point!
For those buying cheapie cash tickets in Y, this can be done too - and it looks like the total of two one-way tickets for this trip is less than the round-trip cost booked from London.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:05 am

I'm quite fond of tagging along on these last flights, but alas with the discontinuation of the MAN - LGW shuttle I will have to miss this one.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb

Any Questions?

But BA/Comair will surely still fly 737 for a few years?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lobengula
But BA/Comair will surely still fly 737 for a few years?
Granted, but you just chose to be a pedant, right?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
For those buying cheapie cash tickets in Y, this can be done too - and it looks like the total of two one-way tickets for this trip is less than the round-trip cost booked from London.
Oh absolutely! same day RT ticket seems not available on ba.com (I get an error that says BA doesn't fly that route on that day), and on AA it is priced at 476 GBP at the moment.
Two one-way tickets now being at 84 GBP on HBO and 112 GBP otherwise on a Q/O fare. D is 350 GBP.

Won't probably fly Comair so the question is should I grab the tickets before fellow members grab all those available?

I'll be flying back to London two days before after my wedding, not far from Turin at the end, might be worth to enjoy a few more days in Italy and will try to join the DO!

Also thanks KARFA for the insight!

Last edited by Oriontube; Jul 7, 2015 at 12:45 pm
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Any ideas what rotations it's doing the last weekend in September?
ITA throws up no results when using "ba /aircraft t:734" to all destinations in 2000 miles of ZRH, even as a one-way.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:56 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Quick caveat on this one. A lot may happen between now and the end of September so it isn't beyond the relms of possibility that the last 737 flight is shifted to another route or the aircraft stays on a little bit longer than 30 September. I am sure you all realise there is a bit of a risk on this one - although if I had the time off I would book it as well
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Granted, but you just chose to be a pedant, right?

Yes, I admit that it is a bit pedantic

I wouldn't mind saying farewell to the Euro 737 if/when the last flight is confirmed. Sad to see it leave though, 737 is a favourite and a piece of fine engineering
Old Jul 8, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Cancelled my ET RFS on the 2579 and booked myself into CE instead because why not spoil myself for the occasion.

I've also gotten in touch with an ex BA 737 FO to see if I can get him to confirm the rumour. It does sound reasonable though given the circumstances.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:28 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Quick caveat on this one. A lot may happen between now and the end of September so it isn't beyond the relms of possibility that the last 737 flight is shifted to another route or the aircraft stays on a little bit longer than 30 September. I am sure you all realise there is a bit of a risk on this one - although if I had the time off I would book it as well
lol ... I would love to see the expressions as they tramp down to the gate and see an Airbus parked there
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ENTP
Any ideas what rotations it's doing the last weekend in September?
ITA throws up no results when using "ba /aircraft t:734" to all destinations in 2000 miles of ZRH, even as a one-way.
Don't know if it is the same aircraft that will be operating the last, last flight, but the BA2644 and return Malta rotation is currently scheduled for a 737 on Sat 26th, and this will likely be my last 737 flight....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.