Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A Guide to Seats and Window Positions - A318 Babybus BA1-4 LCY-JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Print Wikipost

A Guide to Seats and Window Positions - A318 Babybus BA1-4 LCY-JFK

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Based on historical data (i.e. FR24) for how G-EUNA has operated BA1, it seems to me that the right hand side of the plane is usually the one giving a better view over NYC, while landing at JFK.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Hey,
KARFA first thanks for this thread, it's a goldmine of info! You mentioned a guide about the SNN stop but I didn't see it in the thread. Anything particular to know?

I can see from the thread below that you don't have to take your checked luggage anymore, is there still a different group at immigration if you have checked luggage?

BA001 first timer - any tips?
Old Oct 13, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by alex67500
Hey,
KARFA first thanks for this thread, it's a goldmine of info! You mentioned a guide about the SNN stop but I didn't see it in the thread. Anything particular to know?

I can see from the thread below that you don't have to take your checked luggage anymore, is there still a different group at immigration if you have checked luggage?

Not sure what you mean by this but you still have to take off all your carry on items at SNN and take them through security

There is no separate line if you have checked bags. I don't think there ever was but before they remodelled the whole area if you had checked bags you were asked to wait a few minutes before entering the pre clearance area to allow time for the bags to be unloaded and photographed and scaaned but on my last few trips that's not been required

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Oct 13, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold
This is a wonderful thread- thank you! The first timers post is also helpful. I’m in Row 2 on BA1 next week and can hardly wait!
Markie likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AHB260
This is a wonderful thread- thank you! The first timers post is also helpful. I’m in Row 2 on BA1 next week and can hardly wait!
Many thanks AHB260 ^ Enjoy the flight

Hey,

Thanks alex67500

Everything needs to come off with you at SNN. In terms of your checked luggage you don't have to do anything with it at SNN. It used to be they took a photo and asked you to identity it from the photo at immigration there but I am not sure if that bit happens anymore. Regardless your bags will just carry on to JFK and you don't need to collect & re-check at SNN.

At SNN it's down to security for a security scan, then through duty free and left to the CBP pre-clearance room, and beyond that there is a small waiting area at the gate for the BA1 - you won't be there more than 5-10 mins before reboarding.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Perfect thanks. I got confused about the people with hold luggage being in a separate group, and by the sounds of it, it doesn't happen anymore. Cool! First time next week.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Perfect thanks. I got confused about the people with hold luggage being in a separate group, and by the sounds of it, it doesn't happen anymore. Cool! First time next week.
Yes so previously those with checked luggage had to wait a few minutes outside the pre-clearance hall as they finished taking all the photos. I am not sure whether they still do it or by the time you are through security it would be done already so there is no need to wait.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes so previously those with checked luggage had to wait a few minutes outside the pre-clearance hall as they finished taking all the photos. I am not sure whether they still do it or by the time you are through security it would be done already so there is no need to wait.
They do still take the photos, and the CBP officer asks you to confirm how many bags you’ve got. You may or may not be shown the photo but in any case can (just about) see the it on the screen behind the officer. But it’s all pretty quick now, there’s no need to wait behind as it’ll be ready by the time you get there.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Confus
They do still take the photos, and the CBP officer asks you to confirm how many bags you’ve got. You may or may not be shown the photo but in any case can (just about) see the it on the screen behind the officer. But it’s all pretty quick now, there’s no need to wait behind as it’ll be ready by the time you get there.
Thanks for confirming Confus ^

My lack of certainty was mainly due to the fact I rarely check bags these days!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.