Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A Guide to Seats and Window Positions - A318 Babybus BA1-4 LCY-JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Print Wikipost

A Guide to Seats and Window Positions - A318 Babybus BA1-4 LCY-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Photos now added for the views from rows 1, 2, and 7. If anyone has views from rows 3, 4, 5, 6, or 8 and would like to contribute them that would be very much appreciated.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Maybe the wrong thread for this but last night I did OLCI for tonight's 4 and they'd allocated me 8B despite 1/2 the seats being available. 8a was already taken.

I promptly shifted myself but I though 'why do that' especially as I'm travelling on my own (bears excepted) ??
To leave seats available for any couples travelling. It doesn't make sense to put one passenger in each row, leaving couples that check-in with a bunch of single seats to choose from.

Anyway it's not exactly an issue as, like you said, you can change your seat allocation. Neat eh?!
Old Jul 12, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by KARFA
Photos now added for the views from rows 1, 2, and 7. If anyone has views from rows 3, 4, 5, 6, or 8 and would like to contribute them that would be very much appreciated.
I'll see if I can get some on my upcoming flights if I can.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ClassicLover
I'll see if I can get some on my upcoming flights if I can.
Many thanks ClassicLover. I would be grateful if you can. Hopefully we can cover all the rows at some point.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks to Flythe96flag we now have a view from row 5. Only rows 3, 4, 6, and 8 needed now.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Thanks to Flythe96flag we now have a view from row 5. Only rows 3, 4, 6, and 8 needed now.
I didn't manage a pic of the iPad but it looks like you have one but I do have some of the view from 6A

I'll PM you later re how to get them to you.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: BA GGL
I am in row 5 next week on the BA2, so if I wake up in time I'll try a picture.
Great job on this post btw, I had no idea about the arrivals service - I refused it last time when I was on the 4, and had a shower at work, but in fact it takes me closer to my office and the showers are probably a lot nicer. I will certainly be requesting it this time.

EDIT I just saw Flythe96Flag's post re row 5, so I may swap rows to help you out!!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by snuffi
I am in row 5 next week on the BA2, so if I wake up in time I'll try a picture.
Great job on this post btw, I had no idea about the arrivals service - I refused it last time when I was on the 4, and had a shower at work, but in fact it takes me closer to my office and the showers are probably a lot nicer. I will certainly be requesting it this time.

EDIT I just saw Flythe96Flag's post re row 5, so I may swap rows to help you out!!
This would be very much appreciated snuffi. Any of rows 3, 4, 6, or 8 would be great.

I need to add some comments about food and also the SNN stop as well to the thread as well which I will do soon.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:36 am

This would be very much appreciated snuffi. Any of rows 3, 4, 6, or 8 would be great.
NP. It's a pretty full flight next Monday but I have swapped to 4A.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Want to add my thanks to KARFA for putting together this hugely useful resource. BA Source put me off row 2 but seeing the pics I'm happy with just two windows and no overwing view. Great job! ^ ^
Old Aug 11, 2015, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Quarky Quark
Want to add my thanks to KARFA for putting together this hugely useful resource. BA Source put me off row 2 but seeing the pics I'm happy with just two windows and no overwing view. Great job! ^ ^
Many thanks Quarky Quark and I am glad you are finding it of use
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

View for rows 3 & 4 now added thanks to snuffi ^
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:17 am

For what it is worth, I would not like row 3 for a day flight, the windows are in an awkward position. You either have lean back or really lean forward. For a sleeper service it makes no difference of course. Row 4 was much better, albeit directly over the wing.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: British Airways Silver Card
Row 6 & 7 are great for windows. 6 is my fave however. You can put a row 6 seat in a nice recline and just look out the window for hours.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:46 pm

Quote:

I need to add some comments about food and also the SNN stop as well to the thread as well which I will do soon.
hello KARFA - I'm on BA1 day after tomorrow (20th) in 8A. Do you already have the wing view you need ? If not , I'd be more than happy to snap a pic and send it you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.