Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sri Lankan Crediting to BAEC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Just had six sectors (including two sectors on QR metal) all posted together one week after trip completion, but more importantly all TPs are present and correct.

Mr S Claus will hopefully be popping a nice shiny gold card down our chimney in time for Christmas (one trip still to go)
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
flew dxb-cmb-hkg-cmb-dxb

hkg-cmb did not credit, have to get it done manually.
Like everybody mentioned they usually credit on a wednesday.
I did an online claim failed, But UL staff is miserable.
Better to take up the issue directly with BA.
No amenity kits in any flight.
No bubbles on hkg-cmb.
The transit hotel is like a prison.

Would not fly them again, would rather fly cx instead!!
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by diamantaire
flew dxb-cmb-hkg-cmb-dxb

hkg-cmb did not credit, have to get it done manually.
Like everybody mentioned they usually credit on a wednesday.
I did an online claim failed, But UL staff is miserable.
Better to take up the issue directly with BA.
No amenity kits in any flight.
No bubbles on hkg-cmb.
The transit hotel is like a prison.

Would not fly them again, would rather fly cx instead!!
I did DOH in and out. They used to have good transit hotel (Taj hotels) but now it's just a transit hotel. No amenity kits provided even though customer relations say they are supposed to be here.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Looking to book BKK-CMB//CMB-COK (Kochi) in J on Sri Lankan and credit to BAEC. Hopefully no issues.
A330-300 lie flat on a 3 1/2hr flight then the older style cabin for the hour or so flight to Kochi.

Knocks a good Ł150+ off adding the CMB-COK leg ;-)
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:36 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I'm considering purchasing a booking in J with one sector listed as a UL codeshare but operated by Air India. Can anyone confirm for me that it will qualify for BAEC tier points? I can't see why not but just wondered if anyone has any direct experience. Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
I'm considering purchasing a booking in J with one sector listed as a UL codeshare but operated by Air India. Can anyone confirm for me that it will qualify for BAEC tier points? I can't see why not but just wondered if anyone has any direct experience. Thanks.
oneworld marketed but non-oneworld operated wouldn’t get any TPs or avios. you would earn anything on that air India operated flight unfortunately

EDIT: sorry forgot about the QF/EK exception to this rule which TBS noted below.
golfmad likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Feb 26, 2019 at 1:43 pm
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Unfortunately it will not as it will need to be marketed and operated by a one world partner and Air India is not a partner ( QF on Emirates is an exception to this rule)

Regards

TBS
KARFA and golfmad like this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

oneworld marketed but non-oneworld operated wouldn’t get any TPs or avios. you would earn anything on that air India operated flight unfortunately
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Unfortunately it will not as it will need to be marketed and operated by a one world partner and Air India is not a partner ( QF on Emirates is an exception to this rule)

Regards

TBS
Thanks to you both of you. I had the Qantas / Emirates example in my mind but hadn't realised it was an exception. It seems that any BA codeshare will qualify regardless of who operates the sector but apart from the quoted exception it has to be operated by oneworld if it's a non BA oneworld codeshare.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KARFA
EDIT: sorry forgot about the QF/EK exception to this rule which TBS noted below.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
( QF on Emirates is an exception to this rule)
For completeness, it's not a "QF code on EK metal" exception, but a "QF code on almost everyone" exception. The exception to the exception is QF ops Jetstar, and the exception to the exception to the exception is that QF ops Jetstar does earn if you've bought an L class oneworld fare.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
For completeness, it's not a "QF code on EK metal" exception, but a "QF code on almost everyone" exception. The exception to the exception is QF ops Jetstar, and the exception to the exception to the exception is that QF ops Jetstar does earn if you've bought an L class oneworld fare.
Thanks for clarifying. I'm glad that's all straightforward then
Old Feb 26, 2019, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by studio76
... I am now at 12 days since my most recent UL trip and nothing credited yet... Just wondering if I should fill in the online form now or wait a bit longer.
After a week's wait, why wouldn't you submit a claim form ?

It's simple enough ... and probably takes less time than posting on FT
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:27 pm

Try crediting the flight to a Star Alliance programme instead.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Some person
Try crediting the flight to a Star Alliance programme instead.
Indeed. That's what I've done with previous Air India flights.
Old May 15, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GinFizz
This fits exactly with my experience of 3 return trips on UL over the last couple of years. The rule seems to be that Avios/TPs post to BA on the Wednesday following the first Thursday midnight after your flight, e.g.

-fly Wed afternoon - Avios post 7 days later (following Wednesday)
-fly Thursday evening - Avios post 6 days later (following Wednesday)
-fly Friday morning - Avios post 12 days later (Wednesday two weeks later).

I found the CMB lounge fine (was there just for around 3 hours after an overnight transfer) - but was annoyed that it wasn't possible anywhere airside to buy some coconut arrack (including the duty free store who told me they don't stock any Sri Lankan products)!
I can confirm this is still the case as of May 19, I flew AUH - CMB - CGK return, departing a Friday and returning Sunday, all avios & TPs posted to BA on the Wednesday 10 days after the last flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.