747 seating config (around 1993)

Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The -200 had 12 CW seats and the -100 had 36 economy seats.
The OP mentions 3 to a row [and, I think, means 6] so it must have been a -436. Although -236s operated to LAX, -136s did not [but -136s did operate to SFO].

This thread has brought back memories of the convertible seat [which I never got to try] and also of the cradle seat, which I quite liked. Who remembers the "mini duffel bag" amenity kit from the cradle seat days?!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
That was the very first amenity pack for CW.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Oooh, do you mean the dark blue ones with lighter blue squares, white piping and strings with a blue plastic cube toggle? I still have a couple of those.

I also have an off white CW washbag with a navy nine square CW logo and navy detailing. I don't remember seeing those onboard but I think it was after the bags with the drawstrings, maybe an early Body Shop bag?

For UD Y seating I had the pleasure once on a DTW-YMX-LHR, had a whole row to myself at the back of the cabin. The IFE was on CRT TV screens above the aisle. IIRC, seatback TVs in Y didn't appear until the 777s were delivered, and not on the 744s until WT was relaunched in the late 90s?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA, bmi, USAir, Aeroplan, AirBerlin, Marriott, SolMeliaMas, BAAWorldpoints
That was the very first amenity pack for CW.
I still have a blue one!

Weren't the tablecloths and/or napkins tartan?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bulkhead
I can't tell if the shots in this video are upstairs or not - probably just a studio mockup anyway.
This is certainly not upstairs on a B747 as there are no side bins. I agree that it is most likely a studio mock up.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No they came much later, the original ones were paper with the nine squares logo, the china had these as well.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:02 pm

Not on the -400, the convertible seats were pre CW and called Super Club.
I remember flying LHR-BKK-KUL on those seats, albeit in 3-3 Y format, and I remember legroom being fairly "good" (relatively speaking).

What was the pitch like on the super club? I'm guessing pitch wasn't adjustable.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Not on the -400, the convertible seats were pre CW and called Super Club.
Oh dear, I think I'm giving my age away.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.