Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Not this week but last month

NCE-MAN then told by the CSM "A you've been upgraded we dont have a meal for you". That's fine but I'd much prefer my extra legroom economy seat that I pre-booked please. Maybe I'm just ungrateful!!

ML
Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
NCE-MAN then told by the CSM "A you've been upgraded we dont have a meal for you". That's fine but I'd much prefer my extra legroom economy seat that I pre-booked please. Maybe I'm just ungrateful!!

ML
I hear ya. Kinda rediculous to give up an emergency exit for club if they don't have a meal..
Well I'm sure they have champagne 🍾
Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
W-J EWR-LHR
Cymro likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
So it was to be my first foray into international, long haul economy travel, however I was upgraded the day before from WT to WTP. Huzzah, a slight win!

At check-in I was upgraded once more to CW - the fabled double upgrade. Asked if a window seat was available, and low and behold 64K is free as a bird. Have my cake and eat it? Yes. Yes please.

Thank you JFK upgrade gods.

Old Aug 12, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
So it was to be my first foray into international, long haul economy travel, however I was upgraded the day before from WT to WTP. Huzzah, a slight win!

At check-in I was upgraded once more to CW - the fabled double upgrade. Asked if a window seat was available, and low and behold 64K is free as a bird. Have my cake and eat it? Yes. Yes please.

That's incredible.. Haha.. Good for u. Enjoy.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
1hr40m connection in JFK this evening and my flight from LAX was delayed by 1hr20m... Offered the direct AA flight almost 8hrs later when I asked about options but passed as it would mean I’d be stranded in AMS having missed my positioning flight back (as bags would be through checked not a good outcome for me...)

Suddenly boarding announced and I see an alert from CheckMyTrip and AA app that my business seat is now first class - sweet! (Now if they could just give me the TPs for trans on F as well that would be really appreciated!)

(now overhearing an irate fellow upgradee who is separated from her travelling companions. Much more entertaining morning than I expected)
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
1hr40m connection in JFK this evening and my flight from LAX was delayed by 1hr20m... Offered the direct AA flight almost 8hrs later when I asked about options but passed as it would mean I’d be stranded in AMS having missed my positioning flight back (as bags would be through checked not a good outcome for me...)

Suddenly boarding announced and I see an alert from CheckMyTrip and AA app that my business seat is now first class - sweet! (Now if they could just give me the TPs for trans on F as well that would be really appreciated!)

(now overhearing an irate fellow upgradee who is separated from her travelling companions. Much more entertaining morning than I expected)
Nice treat. Pretty sure you will get the tp for the class you travel.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner

Excellent! The JFK flights offer good chances for double upgrades, if you get lucky and book the right flight on the right day. More generally, the super hi J 747s are the plane to be on if you're a high status traveller booked in Y or W and are hoping for a more comfortable seat.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
WT- WTP on yesterday’s later Newark flight, 189. Appeared to be rammed in Y. Imagine yesterday was probably a good day for OpUPs with the summer travel season at its peak on August Fridays
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
CW to F this week on DFW to LHR. Got new BP in the lounge only to find they wanted to reprint at the gate.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Bit late to the party but 4xET to CE upgrades on LGW to RHO on the 7th August. I was on the verge of declining as I'd got exit row seats but the look from Mrs RC said it all...

And to be fair, the 2 Miss RCs said that the macaroni cheese was one of the better airline meals they'd had. Mrs RC seemed ok with the champagne too - Nicolas Feuillatte - one of our standard home choices (well, the vintage anyway - this one wasn't). Didn't realise that was a BA option.

No champagne for me as I was driving the other end, and just to rub salt in, I now feel like it would be churlish to complain about having been stuck in an hour long check-in queue that day because of the FLY issues.

Still, happy wife......
Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott lifetime platinum
Twice in in the last three trips LHR - CDG, does it even count for such a short flight?

This evening I was about to grumble when the person at TFW entry told me my seat had been changed because I’d bagged an exit row, but I guess 1F gets me through passport control more quickly and on to grab a taxi.

Before I made gold in July I think my last upgrade was 8 or 9 years ago.

Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
The chap in front of me was upgraded at the gate today GLA-LCY
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by SomersetCyder
Twice in in the last three trips LHR - CDG, does it even count for such a short flight?

This evening I was about to grumble when the person at TFW entry told me my seat had been changed because I’d bagged an exit row, but I guess 1F gets me through passport control more quickly and on to grab a taxi.

Before I made gold in July I think my last upgrade was 8 or 9 years ago.

And 1F does give you a bit more legroom too!
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
First long haul upgrade yesterday. BOS to LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.