Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Chammer
A long-shot, but is anyone able to say what the chances of an OPUP on BA63 (LHR-SEZ) this Saturday are looking like? I'm currently booked into W and am a Bronze.

Many thanks
Quite low I'd say. You could always ask on the day at the airport for any paid upgrades available, more info in the Dashboard or you may be offered a pro-active upgrade (POUG) through manage my booking (usually only offered on London-XXX-London) but that's never guaranteed for both scenarios above.

Here is what expert flyer is showing at the moment. There's no availability to upgrade using Avios on ba.com but keep checking, and regularly, if you have the Avios to do so. A seat or two may pop up but it's really unpredictable.

F3 A2 J9 C8 D7 R5 I0 W8 E5 T0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M7 L4 V4 S1 N0 Q0 O0 G9

Pete
Chammer likes this.

Last edited by PETER01; Jul 4, 2019 at 4:06 am
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, SQ PPS Solitaire
Double op-up!

Flew BA203 on July 2nd.
Booked a gold award in WT and realized I was upgraded to WT+ during OLCI. Checked in at the First counter and was told promotional upgrade to Club was £605 and only 1 seat left to which I declined. Boarding pass was printed with the dreaded 'SSSS' and was told to go straight to the gate as I checked in only 1hr10mins before the flight.

Proceeded to the B gates and they were already boarding Group 2. An announcement was made for all those who has 'SSSS' on their boarding passes to go straight to the front. Agent scanned my pass and I couldn't believe it... the elusive beep - another op-up and was now in Club! I was so excited I don't even remember what the extra security questions were. BA does indeed give back every now and then.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
OLCI upgrade to Club from PE for the BA 85 Vancouver flight tomorrow, 6 July. As ever PE full but space elsewhere. First one of these for a while for me, and great to have on a long flight.

I find being Silver, flying mainly PE is a bit of a sweet spot for upgrades. I've had several in the last couple of years.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:17 am

Does a last minute aircraft change to an Ex-BMI 321 when you're sat in 1A count as an upgrade? 😀

Bit different for the trip to Belfast this morning.
mickeyjaw and TTmex like this.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
My run of good fortune continues....
Y -> J down to LHR followed by W-> J to SFO in the 287. Sitting comfortably on XLEI right now :-)
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:16 am

Booked on a cheap as chips (Q class) flight BA460 LHR to Madrid tomorrow as part of a BA holiday package. This is the 777 operated service. Just managed to navigate the current on going IT meltdown for OLCI and MMB shows me now travelling in Club Europe. However when I manage to navigate OLCI the seat map is blocked out from view but has assigned me a very low seat number (below row 10) which I cannot change. I'm assuming this is either FLUB in a perfect storm upgrade scenario or something connected to the clunky IT. Hoping it's the former.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:37 pm

Part of the fam had cheap seats on 183 on 2 July. Few days before, I paid around $850 to move all three to WTP+. When checking in at around 2pm, WTP+ boarding passes were given. They then spent the day in CCR with us and on boarding, all three got upgraded to CW.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 4:29 am

WT+ to CW
LHR-JNB
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
ET to CE LHR-MAN this week. Exit Row to Row 2. Questionable overall benefit but I guess it's nice to be chosen
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Out and back upgrade to BOM

First upgrade for a few months since my WTP - J upgrade outbound upgrade on a LHR - JFK flight back in March.
I was taking my son out to start University in India we both got a WTP - J upgrade prior to check in on the way out which was a nice bonus on a night flight. I came back myself the following week and was upgraded onboard as part of the Gold card recognition process. CSD simply said he had a better seat for me and if he could help me with my stuff he was moving me to CW. Nice aisle seat and superbly looked after by a lovely crew. There were still a couple of spare seats in WTP so don't know why but I appreciated it hugely.
flyerkit likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by downgraded
I came back myself the following week and was upgraded onboard as part of the Gold card recognition process. CSD simply said he had a better seat for me and if he could help me with my stuff he was moving me to CW.
As part of the what?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Virgin Flying Club Gold
Not a formal thing, just when the CSD /CSM comes over to say Hello. Which seems to be happening more of late - every long haul I have taken in the last 3 months I've had the "nice to see you back" greeting at seat" in CW and WTP.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Welcome to Flyertalk and here on the BA Board downgraded.

Apologies for the very late welcome as I see you first posted back in May and you must have slipped through the Ambassadorial net welcoming new members.

I hope you find FT interesting and useful and thanks for the data points there as well and hope to see you posting more in the future
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by downgraded
Not a formal thing, just when the CSD /CSM comes over to say Hello. Which seems to be happening more of late - every long haul I have taken in the last 3 months I've had the "nice to see you back" greeting at seat" in CW and WTP.
So that wasn't during boarding but later on during the flight? That's a nice touch!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: OZ *G, CX Silver, BA Blue
got an op-up on LHR-DXB on 12th July from WT to WTP. WT was overbooked. BA Blue with fare class N.

hoping for the same for my return journey...
PETER01 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.