Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
HKG > LHR

Got an upgrade from Hong Kong to LHR overnight Sunday on an A380, WT to WTP, which was nice
Old May 8, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
LHR-ORD on Sunday WTP to CW. A very nice flight!
Old May 8, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
ET to CE tonight from AMS to LHR. Curtain was between 12 & 13 so a huge CE cabin.
Crew did a good job of getting food and drinks out and tidied away in a very short flight.
Old May 11, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Was booked to fly MIA to LHR last night in WTP. Got bumped to CW about 2 hours before departure, and only noticed when I went into the BA app and saw the seat change. The flight was full, with standby passengers left in MIA, which explains the upgrade. It was welcome on an overnight flight, too, I managed about 4 hours sleep and have felt in good shape since landing 3 hours ago.

Ironically I was offered the same upgrade during check in, for $687...
Old May 13, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ Skywards Gold/Hilton Diamond
Think I may have got the unicorn last night on BA069 to PHL a double upgrade from WTP to F. Upgraded in First Wing to 10F. "Unfortunately" there was a fault with seat in the it could not stay in the take off landing position. After informing crew for 3rd time it was a case of "come this way sir" and before I knew it i was behind the magic curtain in F for first ever time.
Old May 15, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Had a WT ticket. Used avios to upgrade to WTP and got an upgrade to CW MIA-LHR

Not bad for a $300 return ticket
Old May 17, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
WTP to CW on LHR - JFK. Very welcome.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Upgraded from WT to WTP on BA160 PVG-LHR on Monday morning as a lowly Silver around an hour before departure.

This was my first ever BA free upgrade and while I'm immensely grateful for it, I'm still trying to rationalise whether I'd have been more comfortable staying where I was in the back. I love window seats, not just for the view but for the privacy on one side, and I'd booked 39A - one of only two pairs in WT on the 777 - months ago. The seat I was moved into was a WTP middle bulkhead, so a person on each side and an inability to fully stretch out my legs. The food and service was excellent though!
Old May 22, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
J-F This week from LHR to PVG.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold: HHonors Diamond; Accor Silver
Upgrade ET to CW NCL-LHR 23/5/19

I’ve just got gold status.

Seat had moved around: initially row 13, then I chose row 6, on checkin was moved to row 8 as CW was pushed back.

Flight was rammed and totally full.

At gate ate I was flagged up as seat change and was expecting moving back, but was put in CW row 4. 3rd trip as gold, and first ever free upgrade. Very nice!
Old May 24, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC
Very lucky to get moved to CW from WTP on BA269 LHR-LAX a day before check-in AND then from Premium to Business on the return flight AA136 at the gate. For two of us, seated together!

Not bad for Ł700 each...

Have to say, was pretty impressed by the AA product ...
Old May 26, 2019, 9:33 am

After being offered POUG ranging from 429 - 529 CAD from WT - WTP, on BA103 (LHR-YYC), Mrs CL3 got a free upgrade to WTP at Check In today. First trip as a GCH and already an upgrade. She admits now that my manipulation of itineraries and fares is worth it!
DeathSlam likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I was handed a boarding pass at the First Wing when checking in my bag. Only realised it read CE rather than ET after going through security - only LHR-NCL but it’s appreciated!
armouredant likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Had my first ever upgrade.... on a domestic AA flight. STL-ORD. Only like an hour, but felt nice nonetheless.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:53 pm

JNB-DUR

AMS-LHR-JNB in CW on 31.5.19 but booked a separate JNB-DUR in Y (called simply Traveller in SA I think) whilst sitting on the plane at Schipol. With the extra bag allowance and SLOW lounge access regardless did not see the need to pay for Club for a one hour flight. In JNB I forgot the class booked and so ignored the paper boarding pass and simply used the app and simply thought the 2A seat was one I had booked.

Confused as it was a window and I always book aisle... Slowly dawned that had been upgraded but but felt forced to double check with CC as app still noted class as "Traveller"..

My first BA free upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.