So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, RCI Diamond
On the BA460 1320 LHR to MAD on 22 April, app changed in the lounge from exit seat in Y to 13J. 30 mins before boarding, changed again to 4A. My first time in Flub was very welcome indeed! Had a great crew too which always helps.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
Not BA operated but on a BA ticket, bought just last week, scored a very much appreciated op-up to J DOH-MEL.
Spike
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
My 13-y-o and I were upgraded on the way to the gate ET - CE on a rammed AMS-LHR on Easter Monday.

Took me ages on the app to see if my son had also been upgraded or if we had been separated ( I couldn't work out where to look on the app!) Were then told on boarding that there were no meals for us which was OK - but in the end we were offered meals and drinks. It made me smile as I'd been offered the upgrade a week before travel at about 250 each
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:55 am

My friend was flying BA (LHR-DOH) on a QR booking with the remaining three flights all on QR metal. He had just joined BAEC for this booking and was upgraded from Y to WTP on his first leg.
TTmex likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
J to F on a o/w Avios ticket DOH-LHR earlier this week for my wife and I. Was a fab end to a great trip which had seen us in BA F to HKG and QR F PER-DOH.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Upgraded from W to J last Sunday on the BA294 from ORD to LHR, and again yesterday on the BA275 from LHR to LAS. Yesterday's upgrade was due to a broken seat in W. The chap whose seat was broken got moved to my seat, and I got moved to Club.
TTmex likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Upgraded from ET to CE between LHR and EDI yesterday. Lost our exit row but there were plenty of meals loaded so we were fed and watered.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Upgraded at the gate to CE on a flight LHR to DUB yesterday - I was on an avios booking so surprised they picked me. No issues with getting a meal
Old May 5, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Two double upgrades at the gate (Y -> J), LHR to ICN and back this week.

All food offered.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyuk
Two double upgrades at the gate (Y -> J), LHR to ICN and back this week.

All food offered.
congrats, did you have any status?
flyuk likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by W213Sal

congrats, did you have any status?
Oh, sorry. Yes, I'm a GCH, as in my profile. I forgot to mention it.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyuk
Oh, sorry. Yes, I'm a GCH, as in my profile. I forgot to mention it.
ah crap I'm on mobile so can't see sigs or stuff under usernames 😬
Old May 5, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Upgraded onboard a couple weeks back on LHR -DOH from WT (exit seat) to WTP.

No WTP meal but its an evening / night flight so we werent really bothered the wider seat was welcome. Had actually tried to upgrade using Avios prior to the flight and for some reason call centre couldnt do it even though it was booked into the correct fare bucket.
Old May 7, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
BA106 DXB-LHR. Magic beep at the gate and we were both moved from J > F. First time seeing the new F soft product.

This was the last main leg of a DONE4 trip (only the return to the ex-EU starting point left at some point) and a nice way to coast back into London. Pretty pleased!
Old May 7, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just returned from our honeymoon and got upgraded on a virtually deserted 747 LHR-SFO (on board after a cheeky mention we were on honeymoon) WTP to CW, so meal was from WTP still, but my wife was ecstatic with the CW seat (her first time on a BA flight!). The crew BTW were amazing - we even got a card signed by all the crew to congratulate us!

Then on our return flight CUN-LGW, we got upgraded at the desk from WTP to CW again! She's already turned into a BA snob as she was disappointed with the old IFE on the old 777 we were on lol.

I did wonder if we would have got any upgrades if I wasn't Gold? No issues either way - really made our trip! A great reminder to me of how brilliant BA can be.
our_kid and Tredders like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.