Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Sitting at the CCR bar and refreshed the app and just seen that my CW seat has become a F seat on tonight’s BA31 - great Christmas present from BA (albeit the slightly delayed departure)!
Cymro, firstlight and FFlash like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life, EK, AC, VS, Accor Platinum, Hyatt, Marriott, Jumeirah
Christmas morning.... on boarding BA207 to Miami, my partner and I received the magic beep and a smiling, tinselled BA lady smiled and said "Santa's upgraded you both ... Merry Christmas". The ensuing flight, in First, was one of the best I've ever had. The crew were amazing... changed into Christmas jumpers and Santa hats after take off and truly spoilt everyone in the cabin for the entire flight. To round off an amazing journey, they presented each passenger with a handwritten Christmas card from all of them, before landing.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
21st Dec BA176 JFK - LHR, had the magic beep at the desk to be upgraded from CW to First. Flight was totally full so not surprised they needed to upgrade some people!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
WT+ from Basic Economy on JFK-LHR on Christmas Eve. Very cheerful cabin crew.

Lots of confusion all around with people holding multiple barding passes for the same seat, then getting upgraded to CW. At least ten happy campers from economy got sent to CW. The FA brought a young woman up from economy to an empty row in WT+, which made the mass upgrade from Y to CW all the more confusing since there was an empty row of four in WT+.

Last edited by knit-in; Dec 28, 2018 at 6:24 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:27 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
ARN-LHR December 27: Economy to Business Class. My second upgrade as a BA Gold
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Last night, HKG-LGW - asked about loads and paid upgrades on the feeder flight from HKT but told that there was nothing they could do and that premium was not oversold.

Asked again at the Bridge in HKG and was given a free business class boarding pass.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK * A Gold, Qatar Gold
Club to First on LHR-PVG on the 22nd Dec for my mum and me, also a birthday card for my mum who is turning 80 in a few days. Lovely flight! A first First for my mum on my first ex-EU (LUX), enjoyed many lounges including the Wing first class in HKG on our return.
Stez, pumatwin and ben1991 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
I got my first ever upgrade on LHR-JFK BA175 from WT+ to CW. Hope I get the same upgrade on the return night time flight from NYC later this week.

I wasn't too happy tho to see the below red wine stained pillow after I had been using it for 4 hours of the flight... I broke the plastic clip on the white company bag so someone at the airline (or provider) decided this was acceptable for a business class cabin passenger.

Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just back in SYD after Christmas in the UK and on top of the two op-ups on the way there I also got bumped WTP to CW on the SIN-SYD leg on the way back. The algorithms must be smiling on me!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Greetings from the CCR at JFK. Bought two GOT-LHR-LAX-SFO/MIA-LGA/JFK-LHR-GOT returns in W for £650 each. Upgraded them to J with a GUF2, then at JFK T7 F check-in, boarding passes for 3A and 4A appeared. I’m BAEC Gold, my +1 is Blue.

There was an aircraft change months ago from a 747 to 777, which left J0 but F2 A1 (I actually called up and tried to move us back to the UD of another 747 service!)

I guess we’re the benefactors of some overbooking in Club World (plenty of space left in W and Y). Thanks, BA!

Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
W to J - BA 66 PHL to LHR in the lounge. Was offered to pay for upgrade at check-in ($551) but declined as it’s a short night flight.
Great atmosphere in lounge as the Philadelphia Eagles just eased a win over the Chicago Bears in the NFL playoffs!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by fatmac70
W to J - BA 66 PHL to LHR in the lounge. Was offered to pay for upgrade at check-in ($551) but declined as it’s a short night flight.
Great atmosphere in lounge as the Philadelphia Eagles just eased a win over the Chicago Bears in the NFL playoffs!
I stayed up till 1 am to watch this

I have a question which i dont even really know why i am asking because i have only ever been upgraded to WT+ once and i think it was because the lovely check in lady felt pity for me as i was in tears because i was going through some stuff mixed with being a pretty anxious flyer over water anyway having me in complete tears.

I read somewhere that because i have a special meal ordered, this rules me out completely of a free upgrade. is this true?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by MiraculousM
I stayed up till 1 am to watch this

I have a question which i dont even really know why i am asking because i have only ever been upgraded to WT+ once and i think it was because the lovely check in lady felt pity for me as i was in tears because i was going through some stuff mixed with being a pretty anxious flyer over water anyway having me in complete tears.

I read somewhere that because i have a special meal ordered, this rules me out completely of a free upgrade. is this true?
Special meals used to count against you but that has been changed last year. It won't make any difference now.
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:24 am

Thank you!!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
WT to WT+ last night on BA138 BOM-LHR.... flight was completely fully so i was expecting some OpUps... lucky it was me

2 upgrades in 2 BA long haul flights since making BA Gold... I’m happy...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.