Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Y->WTP x2 LHR-LAX on BA 281 on Tuesday. It was an award ticket booked using IB 90k avios promo points so I consider it a double win.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 8:51 am

Just got the magic beep - BA34 KUL-LHR from CW to F (1K) on 787-9.

Checked EF earlier and showed CW being nearly full + this year being the most premium segments I’ve flown with ba I have to say I had a feeling! Happy as a clam.
cupsandsaucers likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I got my first ever upgrade today from ET to CE on LHR/MAN. Completely sold out flight (as were most of the MAN flights today). Did have to swap my exit window for row 2 aisle. Wasn’t going to argue but wasn’t really hungry or thirsty as just left the lounge.

Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by hearingdouble
Pleasantly surprised to receive an op-up from J to 1K on BA6 (NRT-LHR) earlier this week. I'm BA Gold and it was my first op-up in about three years of fairly regular travel.

It's been a while since I've flown F on one of the 789s, and was surprised at the state of some of the furnishings. There was a lot of scuffing and in my suite, the little cupboard (between the suite and the window) was completely missing its door. I might have been a bit taken aback if I'd paid for F, but in the circumstances I was very happy to sit back and enjoy the LPGS for a 12 hour day flight...!
I had that very seat, also coming back from NRT, last weekend. Couldn't quite work out how someone could manage to rip that door off its hinges! It was the crew's first First on a 789 and they were quite surprised how tatty the 789 F seats are considering their relative newness.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Booked a full W fare to SEA on Monday last week and could not select a seat, all were taken or locked out. Called the gold line and was told I could be allocated the bassinet seat (33A), which never showed on my app or website until check-in. Pretty sure it was a glitch until this point, but was ever hopeful that I had been sold a seat in an oversold cabin in the knowledge that I would be upgraded Before leaving home, seat had changed on the app BP from 33A (WTP) to 22D (CW).

This keeps my run going of being upgraded on at least one sector per trip this year, since company’s policy changed to allow W for LH travel. The problem is it’s starting to become one of expectation, rather than an occasional pleasant surprise.

Sadly, this run is guaranteed to end in a couple of weeks time - I’ll be unupgradable, since I’m in 1A ��
Old Oct 12, 2018, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
2 weeks running now on Fridays BA749 BSL to LHR 22:00 from front row ET to CE Row 1. Economy has been packed 2 weeks running.

Flights delayed by over 30 minutes on both occasions

Have the whole of Row 1 to myself 🤓

Last edited by BAEC; Oct 12, 2018 at 2:19 pm
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
A very welcome wt+ to cw upgrade on the redeye from Montreal tonight. Equipment change from 787-8 to 787-9 and a full flight made it likely but very welcome after a hard week. I could have course purchased an upgrade yesterday for a mere Ł3288 but decided that was a trifle expensive!
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:13 am

I asked at check in whether I could AUP from CW to F on my LHR BOS flight this afternoon and was told that I didn't need to pay a penny as I had been upgraded anyway!! Now enjoying a few glasses of Chateau Talbot in the CCR! ^
Cymro likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Y -> CE on first flight of the day MUC - LHR (A319 full in Y) - ended up in 1A
Old Oct 15, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL
From ET to CE on a nearly full 319 evening service from Stuttgart. 5 rows of CE, 2 seats left empty. Travelling with my son.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:05 pm

Upgrade at check in from Y to W on the JED - LHR today. I did have exit row in Y but will be happy with the move.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
WT+ to CW on BA31 (LHR - HKG) on Tuesday this week. Noticed it in the app about 2hrs before departure, I had done OLCI but not yet printed/downloaded a boarding pass at that time.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:25 am

So, the magic beep on my phone... email rather than the app. BA - seat change... could it... a bit of nervous excitement while scroll through my bookings... on my app... *RIP** - there it is, but which sector? First one, no. Second shows the old seat, then changes... 12K to 17K - doh!. So I went ftom WTP with a free seat to WTP with an occupied seat. Still, we live in hope.... .
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by CKBA
So, the magic beep on my phone... email rather than the app. BA - seat change... could it... a bit of nervous excitement while scroll through my bookings... on my app... *RIP** - there it is, but which sector? First one, no. Second shows the old seat, then changes... 12K to 17K - doh!. So I went ftom WTP with a free seat to WTP with an occupied seat. Still, we live in hope.... .
That's a bit rubbish, assume 12K is a bulkhead bassinet and you have been moved 3 days out?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:35 am

Nope and nope. 8 dsys out...

Last edited by CKBA; Oct 20, 2018 at 3:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.