Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Never thought I would be posting here.

Got my first ever upgrade to Club Europe this afternoon on BA439 (AMS-LHR).

Who knows what awaits me tomorrow when I take my 100th BA flight. Maybe more finger sandwiches
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does *not* downloading BP make a difference?

Have had a number of occasions where I have been on a separate ticket (due to onward connection) to my OH. Both Gold - OH has more TPs. I have been upgraded on 4 occasions whilst they haven't. Aside from this anecdote is it fair to say *not* downloading the boarding pass after check in makes a difference to UG chances.

Today was UG (with half the 767 CE cabin!) on AMS LHR - again OH wasn't!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by DocS
Aside from this anecdote is it fair to say *not* downloading the boarding pass after check in makes a difference to UG chances.
Makes no difference at all. The seat change will be visible in the app and you can either download a new bp or get a paper one printed at the next point of contact after the change (eg check in, lounge entry, gate). I have been opupped before checkin, on the hex before bag drop, between checkin and lounge and between lounge and gate.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:39 am

Mrs rapidex and I were both upgraded from ET exit row seats to CE 1D/F this morning on BA 831 DUB-LHR.The hot breakfast was excellent,but I had too many cups of tea.
makin'miles likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:11 am

How many can you get down on a DUB-LHR?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by makin'miles
How many can you get down on a DUB-LHR?
Enough that I needed a quick pitstop in baggage reclaim.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by LBP2
Makes no difference at all. The seat change will be visible in the app and you can either download a new bp or get a paper one printed at the next point of contact after the change (eg check in, lounge entry, gate). I have been opupped before checkin, on the hex before bag drop, between checkin and lounge and between lounge and gate.
Interesting - I have been upgraded on the app pre check in, at the lounge and at the gate too but was led to believe that not collecting BP increased the chance of a gate op up. Clearly I'm just luckier/Fly software looks more favourably upon me in the black box algorithm! ^
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
WT+ to CW whilst in the lounge, BOS-LHR on the Super-Hi J this week. I sensed it might have been on the cards as i) when I booked 3 weeks ago there was only 2 unreserved seats in WTP, and still showing W9; ii) the J cabin was only half full on the morning of the flight, and iii) I was offered a POUG to CW for Ł249 for the entire week beforehand, which seemed very low indeed. Glad I didn't bite. Interestingly, the A380 that departed a couple of hours beforehand was oversold by 4 in J; people must have a clear preference for booking the Whale Jet. Nice flight on the top floor, just not long enough!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
WTP -> CW
BA268 LAX-LHR, seat number changed on app while in lounge
2pax on same ex-EU dual inventory booking (one BAEC silver, one blue)

WTP oversold, CW half-empty

Great flight and crew.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:27 pm

Did not know this thread existed...
Back in August on BA12 SIN-LHR WT -> WT+
What an enormous difference is WT+! I never experienced 13+ hours in WT with BA and thought it was pure punishment...

Our whole party of 7 (my family of 4 plus our friends (couple with daughter)) all had the magic beep at the gate (same PNR). We even sat in the same row which was nice.
Flight was packed and some passengers got upgraded after take-off to WT+ because their IFA did not work.

When the CSD came by she offered us wine (and glasses) from First. We happily accepted.

This was our inbound flight so a nice cherry on top of a great holiday!
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
CX713, BKK-SIN, upgraded from Premium Economy to Business at check in - flying on the B787-900. Haven't slept yet as I was out all night so the flatbed is much appreciated!

This was a redemption ticket using BA Avios.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
first one in ages on Wednesday..... AMS-LHR.

Upgraded at the gate, but got told "no meal for you". Still got offered one on board though!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Three in a row: CW to F LHR-ATL on 1/10/17, then CW to F ATL-LHR on 6/10/17, then CW to F LHR-BOM in the fairly new 787 on 9/10/17...mildly disappointed that I didn't get one on the BOM-LHR today, instead I got offered an AUP for Ł659...no thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:25 pm

WT+ to CW this week at check-in for BA 213, along with two colleagues on the same booking, who now think I'm God.
megaloman likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, KF Gold/PPS
Got an op up J - F on sin-syd last month, was much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.