Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Delta Skymiles, Hilton Honors, IHG One Rewards, Melia Rewards
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I'm not sure having not been there, but I do believe there are some WT and WT+ seats on the UD of a A380

Yes my bad, somehow read that as being on the 744!
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jphjph
Got upgraded at the gate today to CE on DUB - LCY. Got me thinking, prior to buy on board is this the route with the least difference between ET and CE?
Only benefit was that I got a chicken salad, not even a free middle seat as the route has 2-2 seating.
There's a lounge, putting it one above LCY-DUB.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL DM
Originally Posted by ragerforever
I got a really cool upgrade even though I am still confused as to why.
i have no status (ba blue). I flew BA268 lax-lhr on Dec 26. I checked in online night before and got myself a window seat in world traveller on upper deck. I got to LAX and was not able to print out a boarding pass from the kiosk so I downloaded a mobile boarding pass (still showing world traveller and the seat I picked the previous night). I arrive to the gate and show them my mobile and was asked if I had a paper boarding pass to which I said no. They scanned my mobile and suddenly a seat in club world was printed. I enjoyed my 10 hours in CW no doubt but was extremely confused. CW was completely full so I must have had the last seat. Not complaining about my op up from WT to CW
Nice one there. My friend just flew on NYE from LHR-BWI, no status at all or even a FF number. Upgraded from WT to CW at check-in. I'm still trying to figure out how that one happened.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by polderbaan1836
Nice one there. My friend just flew on NYE from LHR-BWI, no status at all or even a FF number. Upgraded from WT to CW at check-in. I'm still trying to figure out how that one happened.
I tend to avoid the BWI route for upgrades now... . Flew LHR-IAD yesterday (1/1/17) and got WT+ to CW for Mrs CKBA and myself (same flight, same time and same upgrade as last year) - and a good way to celebrate my 1,000,000th air mile .

Thought LHR was quite quiet - checked in at the North end (no queues and check-in staff waiting - so didn't feel the urge to traipse down to first check-in). Fasttrack-north was a breeze, Flounge empty (-ish). Good CW service.

(in contrast IAD immigration was a bit of a shambles...)

Last edited by CKBA; Jan 2, 2017 at 1:40 pm
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Had two op ups in recent weeks, inbound from TXL and an outbound to AMS- the latter, whilst welcome of course, is scarcely worth it, although I always value the extra space. I am hoping for some long haul upgrades in 2017.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Magic beep at boarding for myself and Mr Wembleygal (we are both Silver) - 30 December - ORD to LHR ... WT to J !!! (the rare double upgrade)
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:21 am
dnw

Originally Posted by Wembleygal
Magic beep at boarding for myself and Mr Wembleygal (we are both Silver) - 30 December - ORD to LHR ... WT to J !!! (the rare double upgrade)
Were you on the 1710 or 2045? I was on the 2045 with my better half and both of us got bumped from J to F, to a half empty cabin... maybe you ended up in our old seats (they told us in the lounge that 'they needed them')! Lovely end to our Christmas hols. Great service from the Mixed Fleet crew manning the cabin too. I had forgotten how much better F was than CW... even if it's only been a year since I last flew up front. That's going to hurt my 2017 avios balance
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
We were on the 17:10.

Club cabin had a few spare seats, but WT & WT+ were solid. I thought that the Mixed fleet crew were okay (some better than others), but check-in was terrible on that day and took over 25 minutes (and we were third in line) ...

They tried to up-sell us in the lounge for 999.

Originally Posted by dnw
Were you on the 1710 or 2045? I was on the 2045 with my better half and both of us got bumped from J to F, to a half empty cabin... maybe you ended up in our old seats (they told us in the lounge that 'they needed them')! Lovely end to our Christmas hols. Great service from the Mixed Fleet crew manning the cabin too. I had forgotten how much better F was than CW... even if it's only been a year since I last flew up front. That's going to hurt my 2017 avios balance
Old Jan 2, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club
Got upgraded 23rd Dec WTP to CW LHR to IAD.

Currently in the IAD lounge still in WTP. Had a chat with the checkin agent and said WTP has been oversold by 10 and there's 16 seats left in CW. Since I'm silver my chances are pretty good then, yeah?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by matd
Got upgraded 23rd Dec WTP to CW LHR to IAD.

Currently in the IAD lounge still in WTP. Had a chat with the checkin agent and said WTP has been oversold by 10 and there's 16 seats left in CW. Since I'm silver my chances are pretty good then, yeah?
Unless there are a lot of golds in wtp, I like your chances. Nothing is assured of course, and fail to check in pax along with BA liking to give new members a sampling of a different cabin could change this chance!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club British Airways Executive Club
They were good odds, but I didn't manage it. The good news is I'm in 61A with an empty 61B next to me.

I suppose the fact 61B is empty, along with a few other seats, means there wasn't that great of a need for bumps.

At least I'm not in WT 😄
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
I got upgraded from Business to First on AA on Sunday night due to an aircraft swap from refurbished 772 to old school 772.

Can't say it felt like an upgrade - neither seat (I probably had the worst F seat (felt like sitting in the J galley)) nor service.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:50 am

well after starting this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ps-please.html we flew yesterday and got op-upped to WT+ (full flight) Fight was fine, arrived early but then got caught up in the border control chaos in MIA...3 hours queuing (even the crew queue was 150 deep with one desk processing) no aircon and no information, feel for those with connections as even 3 hours between flights would not have helped last night
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Have had good luck these past few weeks, both of my longhaul legs on a YVR-LHR-FCO return journey were upgraded, CW-to-F on one and WTP-to-CW another. Not expecting any upgrades for the next couple of years at this point...
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Was upgraded from WT+ to CW on the BA216 (IAD-LHR) yesterday (4/1).
It was am absolutely delightful flight.
The crew were very pleasant, obliging and efficient and it was the best J flight I've had by far (NB I have limited experience - perhaps a dozen or so).
The CSD seemed to be very proactive and set the tone for everybody.
I've seen a lot of complaining recently - and I've done a bit of it myself - but this was genuinely very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.