Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:07 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Crofton138
Are upgrades primarily offered to Gold? I have been Silver for two years and haven't had a sniff of an upgrade. The last upgrade I had was the magic beep on HKG-LHR while I was Bronze about three years ago.
Got upgraded on my first flight as Silver, LHR-MAD on a 777, which was nice especially to have a flat bed on a 7am flight!
Crofton138 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:36 pm

Got an upgrade at the gate on the BA 275 LHR - LAS today, J to F as part of a big ex Cai trip I'm doing.

My first ever log haul upgrade, have had quite a few domestic upgrades since CE was introduced.

Also my first official First which was excellent, although it was meant to be my first experience on the upper deck on the 747 but guess I'll need to book some more trips to scratch that itch!
mikeyfly and Great_circle like this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: QF, BA
BA32 HKG-LHR WT to WTP, noticed the upgrade in the app about 24h pre-departure.
BA Gold, had throne seat 25D
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by citygourmande
Got upgraded on my first flight as Silver, LHR-MAD on a 777, which was nice especially to have a flat bed on a 7am flight!
Presumably if you are on a Premium Economy long haul from MAD on IB (recently introduced by IB) then you get placed into the WTP section of the 777 on the LHR-MAD leg?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Southlondonbonviveur
Presumably if you are on a Premium Economy long haul from MAD on IB (recently introduced by IB) then you get placed into the WTP section of the 777 on the LHR-MAD leg?
no it was a ET-CE upgrade on a BA short haul. (MAD was the final destination.) BA458 at 07.20 uses the 4-class 777 aircraft (which wasn't obvious when I pre-selected my ET seat at time of booking).

I'm not sure who gets placed in WTP. First wasn't used until a hen party got put there (to someone else's displeasure which was discussed here).
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Very happy - both myself and Mrs thebilly_b bumped from WTP to CW on tonight's BA12. I am Gold and she is a humble Bronze. Suspected the odds of a double upgrade would be slim!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thebilly_b
Very happy - both myself and Mrs thebilly_b bumped from WTP to CW on tonight's BA12. I am Gold and she is a humble Bronze. Suspected the odds of a double upgrade would be slim!
Slim to poor in Singapore?
Harry Harry likes this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Great result well done ! Good seats ?

Programs: BA GOLD
Upgraded on the BA191 from LHR to AUS yesterday, WT to WTP

I know beggars can't be choosers and all that, but went from 30K exit row in WT to 19E which was a middle seat in WTP. Not my ideal choice, but an upgrade is an upgrade
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Great result well done ! Good seats ?
Yes - together, window/aisle, and neither too close to the galley or lavs, which is about as good as it gets for upgraded seat allocation!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by thebilly_b
Yes - together, window/aisle, and neither too close to the galley or lavs, which is about as good as it gets for upgraded seat allocation!
Amazing! My last WT+ to J OpUp was two pretty ropey seats - but doors closed and there were plenty of others to choose from, which I did!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Master AITF got upgraded from WT to WT+ on his return from a six-month South America trip on Tuesday's GRU-LHR. Said he wasn't really sure what the difference was apart from the better food.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Uograde to 1A on tonight's extremely full domestic flight up to MAN. 13th upgrade of the year. I haven't been sending much love BA's way in 2017, but they certainly have been wooing me at most opportunities.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Originally Posted by R hllor
Stupidly, as I have never done CW in the 380 before I didn't change from 13G so now I'll have a very long walk all the way to the back of the plane along the top again to visit my colleague in WTP!

And you will not have the luxury/misfortune of visiting your colleague (if he stays in WTP since you won't be allowed to use the stairs).
Rear stairs were fine. Did a visit with a truck load of chocolate. Lovely stewardesses even forced me to take more from the Club Kitchen upstairs to my colleague. She was very happy!
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/ All the AMEX Plat things
Originally Posted by 'andad
Ridiculously unfair, but nice. I seem to recall about one upgrade per 5 years when I was flying 50 - 100+ times per year. Familiarity breeds contempt etc.
My most amusing non-upgrade was Lon-Lagos travelling CW with my boss. Me already Lifetime G, he his first gold about 8 weeks old. He called to Fl desk & upgraded to F, me not. The other difference was that he had bought his ticket originating in Lagos for about half of my full fare. Oh well.....
Let's see what happens during the next 12 to 18 months. I got the two year extension due to the IT failure so most of my flights will be ET or WT now as I won't be needing the TP's. I'll keep my fingers crossed as I'm not too fond of flying economy after so many free upgrades !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.