So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
I was NOT expecting that!

SWMBO and yours truly upgraded a couple or weeks ago from J to F. On an Avios 241 ticket...

I thought that Avios tickets were never upgraded!

Happy BA or bust

PS Sadly a night flight and was driving on arrival back at LHR so could not 'enjoy' the wine selection to the max!

Last edited by BA or bust; Mar 4, 2019 at 4:50 am
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Upgraded from WT to J on BA283 today (9th Feb), Sadly looks like a Mid J A/C, cant complain though
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA
A much appreciated upgrade from Y to J tonight on BA461, MAD-LHR.

It looked like a full flight with all of the jump seats occupied. CSM announced 303 passengers onboard. Ended up with 1K so very happy!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:13 am

Strange one yesterday travelling back from Lisbon on BA501 on a reward flight in ET.

I'd originally bagged an exit row seat (11F), only to be bumped back to 16F the day before the flight. Then, sat in the lounge just before heading off for the gate, I saw I'd been moved up to 9D. The BP on my phone still said Euro Traveller so didn't think twice but when I boarded I noticed the curtain was way, way back behind the 2 x exit rows up to row 12(?)

I'd personally never seen that big a CE cabin before but was quite grateful to be part of it, and enjoyed the unexpected G&T and spot of lunch.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by crazyegg
(...) when I boarded I noticed the curtain was way, way back behind the 2 x exit rows up to row 12(?)

I'd personally never seen that big a CE cabin before(...)
When all the HEL TP runs were going on since last October there have been a few. My one in Jan had 12 rows of CE too on 2 of the flights. There was a whole conversation of whether it was best to be at the front for your choice of meal, or with the extra legroom in the exit row but with only leftovers and a slower service.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Not me. Cabins haven't been overly full and BA aren't bothering to even offer POUGs or even emailing me at present about practically anything.
Last one I had was in Dec due to a cancelled flight that probably ended up with WT+ being full or oversold after rebooking.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
9th Feb got bumped WTP to CW in a 747 as well so managed to tick one box by riding upstairs - I can see why people like it up there!
DeathSlam and LBP2 like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Adding to the other reported upgrades while flying on award tickets, I was third to last at the gate on last Friday's LHR-STR evening flight and got the red cross at the biometric barrier. Walked to BA staff who said I was moved from my exit row seat. I was about to express my frustration when he smiled and said I was now in 1D. The odd part was that I was on an On Business award ticket, which I thought do never get upgraded ?!
armouredant likes this.

Last edited by above the clouds; Feb 18, 2019 at 5:18 pm
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:49 pm

Was excited to see Id been upgraded WTP > CW on BA67 to Philadelphia on Saturday and after a seat change at the airport had my first experience on a 747 upper deck - I can see why people like it
shefgab likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:33 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Op-Up'd MAN-LHR this morning.

Good news - More TPs
Bad news - Dont need the points, lost my Exit Row legroom, and no catering.

Still, it'll get me into the CCR quicker...so I can drink copious amounts of the fizzy stuff (water).

M
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Op-Up'd MAN-LHR this morning.

Good news - More TPs
Bad news - Dont need the points, lost my Exit Row legroom, and no catering.

Still, it'll get me into the CCR quicker...so I can drink copious amounts of the fizzy stuff (water).
I don't think you get extra TPs in cases of Op-Ups, otherwise I need to go back and claim for my LHR-BUD a few months back.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Yup, no extra TPs or Avios with op-ups ...
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:10 am

First ever free upgrade for me on Feb17. BA289 LHR to PHX on 747.
I lost my upperdeck exit row J seat and was reassigned to seat 1A in F at boarding.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
At the end of my MAN - PEN TP run I got the magic beep on the way back from MAN to LHR :-).
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
I got a very unexpected upgrade at the gate on an LHR-FCO flight this past Saturday. I was flying on an Avios booking in Y but was one of several whose boarding cards wouldn't scan at the gate. All of us had been upgraded. There were delays, etc, that morning; so I'd guess the overall busy-ness caused them to include me in the bump ups.

It was my first ever upgrade in Short Haul. TBH I was a little annoyed to lose my exit row seat, but the champagne and very nice meal (CE meal service has improved a lot lately) helped take my mind off the slight discomfort.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.