Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by madfish
I got my first ever upgrade today from ET to CE on LHR/MAN. Completely sold out flight (as were most of the MAN flights today). Did have to swap my exit window for row 2 aisle. Wasn’t going to argue but wasn’t really hungry or thirsty as just left the lounge.

After a fairly quiet month flight wise (basically a domestic return and a domestic to LHR) I found myself in the CCR again tonight. A delayed departure but about an hour before EF showed my booked seat to be free. My second upgrade from exit row to CE.

With a number of LH flights next year, I hope my run continues.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: BA GFL
Gate upgrade LHR - SIN from CW to F on BA15 a couple of Saturdays ago. A very welcome magic beep. The guy behind me in the line seemed very aggravated it hadn't been him!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 2:45 am
H2L

Programs: BAEC GGL
Poor fare compared to most on here but inordinately pleasing none the less. On first flight as Gold did a B2B LHR/ LUX CE out and ET back. The lovely crew offered me an on the spot upgrade on the return. I'll keep my expectations low for future flights but I'll also enjoy the moment.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:06 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by H2L
Poor fare compared to most on here but inordinately pleasing none the less. On first flight as Gold did a B2B LHR/ LUX CE out and ET back. The lovely crew offered me an on the spot upgrade on the return. I'll keep my expectations low for future flights but I'll also enjoy the moment.
I had a similar experience B2B at GOT. The crew recognised me when I boarded the flight back to London, checked the seat map, said “why don’t you take 2A...”
tynmar likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: BA EC
Will I get the avios and TPs of the upgraded cabin after free upgrade? And is it possible to ask for a seat change at lounge?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by neofung
Will I get the avios and TPs of the upgraded cabin after free upgrade? And is it possible to ask for a seat change at lounge?
You'll get the tier points/avios for the booked class (not upgraded), it's ok to ask for a seat change.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Flying on BA178 from JFK back to LHR. 2 hours before flight, seat changes in the app. Nice upgrade from W to J. Intended to try to AUP when at airport anyway, so a nice surprise. Even managed to get a upper deck seat too!

First free upgrade in about six months I think.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:10 am
vga

Programs: yes
After being upgraded LGW AMS, AMS LGW also scored me an op up at the gate. No idea how or why as they could have moved the curtain to accommodate all in Y.

I'm now really hoping that I haven't used my three lives already this TP year as I have until June and LGW AMS is not as attractive a candidate as LHR KUL in WTP on Friday night!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Got moved up to cw last night on BA072 from AUH last night after an issue with the IFE. Csm was waiting for me at my new seat and when we established I wasn't hungry having just had a wrap in wtp insisted I at least had a glass of champagne. One of those situations where you feel the crew are making an extra effort to make you happy.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Last week, W to J on my outbound to ORD, and the same on my return from JFK. Means I finish the year with at least one opup’d sector on each of my business trips. W to J definitely the sweet spot, my trips are usually booked flex W fares, further increasing my chances ^
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:37 pm

Part of a fairly big group travelling WTP and some in WT. All on various bookings with various status. We are on the ba92 from YYZ this evening.

I think everyone in the group (15-20 ppl) has been upgraded to next cabin.

Happily sat in CW currently after being fully prepared to pay for it for this one, on the way to the airport our seats all started to change

Merry Christmas
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:08 pm

Me & OH BWI-LHR today - WTP-CW - aircraft change (788-789). No mention of it at all even at checkin - although BP showed seat change. Interestingly our 'new' CW seats were blocked at T72. App still showing our old seats.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:19 am

A very welcome upgrade from WTP to CW on the BA27 to HKG last week. Particularly since it was an avios booking! W hadn’t seemed particularly full until a the afternoon of departure when seats rapidly filled up and my seat allocation changed on the app.

Arriving at F wing to check bags, I mentioned that I thought I had been bumped up to the check in agent. She remarked that “that’s not a very good seat” (a downstairs aisle seat on the A380) and kindly moved me to a much superior upstairs window seat in the front cabin!

Fifth op-up for 2018 in 70+ sectors on BA - the third in long haul.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 1:48 am

Two very welcome bumps from WTP to CW on the way back from Sydney. BA16 at check in and then BA12 in the lounge.

Very happy customer!
Sealink and mikeyfly like this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
WTP to CW on a YYZ to LHR, somewhat unexpected as the original aircraft was a 788 changed to a Super Hi-J 747 and consequently WTP seat numbers increased from 25 to 30. Must have been an effect of losing 9 WT seats resulting in people being pushed forward from WT into WTP, it looked undersold in WT but ended up going out completely full.

Whatever the reason, well received as I spotted it just as I was about to drop a bag, and asked the check-in agent if he would be able to move me - my auto allocated 20G was swiftly turned into 64A with a smile Even got 64B blocked.....great crew as well, so lovely flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.