Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Reassign infant on flight to different adult

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: not a lot

Hi,

I've got a flight EDI-LGW-EDI coming up which was bought using cash and then some avios to bring the price down (not great value I know).

The booking is for myself, my wife, 2 children and 1 infant. The infant is showing as being on my lap on seat selection.

Now whilst I am able to take the EDI-LGW sector I won't be making the LGW-EDI sector but my infant son will.

My plan was to get the infant allocated to be on my wife's lap so I phoned up BA but they said as the booking was made using cash + avios they weren't able to change it but what to do is after taking the outbound, phone up and they will split the PNR and allocate the infant to my wife.

I asked about just splitting the PNR now and reassigning but apparently that can not be done. Phoning up after the outbound doesn't sound quite right with me.

I'm thinking I can maybe try again and just ask for the PNR to be split so it's myself and our infant son on my PNR and my wife and other two children on the other PNR and we all take the outbound sector.

Once that is complete I phone up BA and cancel my LGW-EDI for myself and our infant and then add the infant to the existing booking my wife is on for whatever that costs. Is this ok given it was a Cash + Avios booking.

VS changed all this for our other flights (separate booking) using online chat which was very straightforward.

I've had bookings auto cancel when I've had multiple seats on the same plane previously although I'm not sure if this applies to infants or not as I could split PNR and just add him to it. Even if it was 10% of full fare that's not much.

Imagine it's a not too regular request - any ideas?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.