Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

A brief guide to moving between Tiers in the BAEC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A brief guide to moving between Tiers in the BAEC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I think so too, and I'm pleased to report that they work weekends ^.

Day 0 - Thursday: 8pm flight
Day 1 - Friday: No change
Day 2 - Saturday: TP and "You've achieved Silver" showing in morning, but still Bronze artwork, etc
Day 3 - Sunday: Still same as Saturday in morning, but surprised to then see new status showing in phone app in the evening
Thought I'd report back that exactly the same sequence happened for today's uplift to Gold. re Day 3, the old status wasn't there early afternoon but was by 5pm UK time. Didn't show on Android app, but did on web. Logging out / in on app brought it up there as well .
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by spanners
So, moved to gold on the 25th Jan, received the welcome email but nothing in the post up to now, ordered some replacement bag tags and they came very quickly. Should I have received a welcome pack in the post by now?

Exec items looks like this:
I qualified at the same time as you and haven’t had any welcome pack through the post yet.

Did you order the bag tags separately? I have a trip to HKG/ TYO in a few weeks so tempted to try to expedite things ahead of that.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC G, VS G, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by BobServant

I qualified at the same time as you and haven’t had any welcome pack through the post yet.

Did you order the bag tags separately? I have a trip to HKG/ TYO in a few weeks so tempted to try to expedite things ahead of that.
Yes, I ordered the tags separate and they came in a couple of days. I also rang the Gold line and they sent me a 'replacement' gold card that arrived very quickly as well. Theoretically, this doesn't come out of my 3 replacement items limit but time will tell.

Good luck getting yours and enjoy HKG/TYO.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Does anyone know if the avios that you earn for flying is paid out at the level of the flight before you took off and or after you land?

ie if you took off as silver, but earnt enough tps upon landing to be gold. Would you get silver miles or gold miles?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by MrPrice16
Does anyone know if the avios that you earn for flying is paid out at the level of the flight before you took off and or after you land?

ie if you took off as silver, but earnt enough tps upon landing to be gold. Would you get silver miles or gold miles?
Silver. what matters is status on take off.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton

In your example, you'd be allocated Avios for silver I'm afraid. It's the scheduled time/date of flight that counts, and at that point you would be silver

(My own transaction history confirms this, in that in terms of TPs earned, I "reached" Gold after landing at LHR, but my flight up to EDI posted at Silver rates, as I would expect)
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
In your example, you'd be allocated Avios for silver I'm afraid. It's the scheduled time/date of flight that counts, and at that point you would be silver
Not least is that you won't be Gold after you land, or for a few more days after that.

It's always quite entertaining to see whole threads started by people who it seems have only just got off the relevant flight and are immediately asking why they aren't already at the next tier. It can't often be that important, nice as it would be if everything did update that quickly.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Not least is that you won't be Gold after you land, or for a few more days after that.
Indeed so, which is why I quoted "reached" as in fact at that point I had done no such thing in the eyes of BAEC, merely completed the flights which would result in it happening in due course.

But that may not have been entirely clear to the OP, so clarification appreciated ^
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:21 am

First post!

Just got my bronze status with BAEC.

Where on the BA website can I find the British Airways Executive Club Items Statement (the screenshot some people have posted)? I simply cannot find it.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Monument; Apr 5, 2018 at 6:37 am
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT, Monument!
Originally Posted by Monument
Where on the BA website can I find the British Airways Executive Club Items Statement (the screenshot some people have posted)? I simply cannot find it.
I think that this is the page you're looking for: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

You can reach it by logging in to your Executive Club account and going to the main page. In the left sidebar, there's a drop-down for "Manage my account", and the "Executive Club items" link is near the bottom of the drop-down list.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:30 am

Thanks for the warm welcome and link / explanation, Globaliser!
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by Genius1
My understanding is that seat assignments stick, provided that you don't try and change your seats (as you've noted). I do recall the odd occasion where there was a report or two of people being kicked out of seats, but IIRC this was Gold dropping to Silver and being booted out of 1AK.
This happened to us once! Both Gold First class in 1AK which we had reserved for well over 6 months. I dropped to Silver and soon after was booted out of Row 1 leaving us split up and no seats together even if the other half wanted to move out of 1A! No one at BA either on the phone or at CS at Heathrow could move us back together! Even people who had worked there donkeys years didn’t know this could happen and just a constant ‘error’ trying to move me back.

Anyhow the day before checkin they put a note on the booking and at the last moment was moved back! Bizarre rule I think when it splits up couples, one of which is still Gold.

My year ends on May 8th. I have short trip via Iberia Friday 4th LHR>MAD>ALC then Monday 7th ALC>MAD and 8th May MAD>LHR all within my current year before the reset on 9th. This trip will push me over the 2,500 barrier to earn my first Gold Upgrade voucher just by the skin of my teeth!

I am a bit anxious however as the outward LHR>MAD an Iberia 075 tickets but operated by BA (the outward generates an additional BA reference) didn’t post automatically when I did similar at Easter as I think it confuses their system as a BA flight can’t have an 075 number. Anyhow had to wait 7 days from flight date to even request the tier points. My return on Iberia probably won’t post till the 10th and the Air nostrum outward posted quick last time on the Monday.

Anyhow I know I’m within the rules of earning the 2,500 by flights taken by the 8th, but guess I will have to request a manual intervention to generate the e voucher as I don’t see the system picking this up other than being efficient at happily negating my late posting points the day after they post!

....or has BA IT improved recently?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:46 am

I'm currently Bronze, and my year ended on April 8, 2018. My Bronze card expires on May 31, 2018.

I have an upcoming RT flight in F on BA that departs in December 2018 and returns in January 2019.

I also have some upcoming transcontinental US flights on AA in F that I could credit to BA. I don't really care much about the status except for the extra points I receive on credited flights.

I'd like to know what you all think about:

1. What are the chances I could get BA to extend my card for a year so that I'll earn bonus points on the F flights in December and January?;

2. Is there any strategy, such as cancelling my BA account and opening a new one right before my flight, that may benefit me (I only have 890 points in my account now so losing them wouldn't be an issue, but the first of my AA F flights is in May 2018)?; and

3. Anything else you BAEC gurus here might have to add?

Thank you all in advance!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ibmman69
1. What are the chances I could get BA to extend my card for a year so that I'll earn bonus points on the F flights in December and January?;
If you have to ask, then personally I wouldn't fancy your chances. It's not like your reason is that you're about to send some major money BA's way.

In any case, you probably already know that the difference is pretty trivial. I think that the Bronze tier bonus on an AA transcontinental flight should be something in the order of 600 Avios per flight.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Hi all,

Im still new to this so I wondered if any of you could unconfuse me please

Today is my Day 3 and the app has updated to Bronze colour and the card has updated, however I have two questions
1. The app now says Retain Bronze, shouldn't it be tracking my progress to silver? Do I just need to wait longer for it to update?

2. The status change has removed the blue card from passbook (iOS), I can't seem to find a way to add the new bronze card to passbook, has this feature been removed?

Thanks all,
Anthony

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.