F Seating Help - Family of 4

Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Hi.

Family of four flying in F on BA 777-200. Currently we are row 2 A, E, F, K with kids (well behaved ages 9 and 15) at windows and adults in the middle. I'm wondering if that is fine or if we'd be better off with 2AE, 3A, 4E instead? Overnight flight, so we'll be sleeping for a good portion but would like to be able to interact when awake. Is one setup better for that overall?

This is their first time in anything other than economy so they're super excited.

Thanks

J

Last edited by jelliott04; Jun 17, 2015 at 10:46 am
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I think you will be fine as you are…

No pros or cons either way. Either of the arrangements will see an aisle between parent and child, not that this will be a problem… If it is a night flight, then it will most likely be eat then sleep, if that is what you all want.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:46 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Should be fine although may be better having the kids in the middle seats, note that the window and middle seats are offset with 2E/F forward of 2A/K.

See also: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ies-first.html
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Gold
No difference in First. Small cabin.

The front of the seat can double as a seat so you can have a seat down conversation if you so prefer.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by jelliott04
This is their first time in anything other than economy so they're super excited.
And rightly so, have a great trip
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
And rightly so, have a great trip
They are planning on it. They're looking up in flight entertainment and meal choices, menus etc. Last night they were watching youtube videos on BA F and Virgin Upper (we're flying that product on the way home).

Honestly, I don't know if they are more excited about the flights or visiting three European cities!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
They are planning on it. They're looking up in flight entertainment and meal choices, menus etc. Last night they were watching youtube videos on BA F and Virgin Upper (we're flying that product on the way home).

Honestly, I don't know if they are more excited about the flights or visiting three European cities!
Of course, some might argue that you're setting a precedent which is fine as long as you can continue to send them F forever
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Assuming that all the seats are still available I would consider:

Adult 1 - 3E
9 yr old - 3F
Adult 2 - 4K
15 yr old - 3K.

This will allow both adults to keep their eye on the 9 year old and the 15 year old will have a sensation of being in his or her own space while still really under the watchful eye of both adults.

If you want to dine as a family then 9yr old and 15yr old can take the buddy seats in 3EF while adults 1 and 2 take the regular seats to make a foursome.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There are no 3E or F seats.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: BAEC

eheh...good luck on ever getting them back to Economy on a future flight

Safe travels and enjoy!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There are no 3E or F seats.
Noted with thanks, with revised advice below...

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Assuming that all the seats are still available I would consider:

Adult 1 - 3E 4E
9 yr old - 3F 4F
Adult 2 - 4K
15 yr old - 3K.

This will allow both adults to keep their eye on the 9 year old and the 15 year old will have a sensation of being in his or her own space while still really under the watchful eye of both adults.

If you want to dine as a family then 9yr old and 15yr old can take the buddy seats in 3EF while adults 1 and 2 take the regular seats to make a foursome.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 3:25 pm
Original Member

We are a family of 4 in first on at 777 this summer and have gone for 1a and 2a for the kids (13 and 17), and 2ef for us.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.