Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways mixed fleet/worldwide fleet

British Airways mixed fleet/worldwide fleet

Old Jun 19, 15, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by stu1985 View Post
I got a pleasant surprise when I was greeted with the hats at ABZ yesterday.
Oh, I've never seen that here before.
I'm confused then, I thought it was by route. I get them on the LHR/MAN flights.
Old Jun 19, 15, 4:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BA
MF took over ABZ a few months ago.
Old Jun 19, 15, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I'm boarding BA232 (DMELHR) in about 1 hour (flight is late, thanks BA).

Looking forward to MFs apathy (the way out on the A321 was like that).
Probably I should lower my expectations.
Old Jun 19, 15, 8:31 am

Can anyone from BA comment on what the purpose was for Mixed Fleet wearing the hat? Why was the company so intent on creating a division physically - from both the customer and colleague view? I know that some Worldwide crew now also wear the hat, but this was not the case until some time after the mixed fleet was launched.

For me I find pros and cons of flying with both 'fleets'.

I find the legacy crew more efficient, professional and calm when things don't quite go as planned. I like that they seem more enabled to go 'off the script' too.

However I find the Mixed Fleet crews more enthusiastic, more energy although less proactive.

Surely the best scenario would be the two cabin crews working together on the same aircraft? I know from reading these threads that the T&C's are different but surely they can still work to their own T&C's while working together?
Old Jun 19, 15, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Just boarded.

Not even "good afternoon".

Lovely MF.
Old Jun 19, 15, 8:38 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by bananahead View Post
Can anyone from BA comment on what the purpose was for Mixed Fleet wearing the hat? Why was the company so intent on creating a division physically - from both the customer and colleague view? I know that some Worldwide crew now also wear the hat, but this was not the case until some time after the mixed fleet was launched.

For me I find pros and cons of flying with both 'fleets'.

I find the legacy crew more efficient, professional and calm when things don't quite go as planned. I like that they seem more enabled to go 'off the script' too.

However I find the Mixed Fleet crews more enthusiastic, more energy although less proactive.

Surely the best scenario would be the two cabin crews working together on the same aircraft? I know from reading these threads that the T&C's are different but surely they can still work to their own T&C's while working together?
If only the world was so simple!

For the record, I find BA (regardless of fleet) to have the best cabin crew in the world. Terribly British. They are what attract me to BA nowadays (especially the younger MF ones )
Old Jun 19, 15, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I think you have summed up both fleets pretty well, obviously there are exceptions.
When BA started MF they were able to start from scratch and the uniform standards were part of this, giving MF less uniform options and the hat made them stand out.
BA wanted MF the be the new standard and it didn't do any harm pi**ing off its older unwanted more expensive crew.
I think the majority of crew and customers would like the fleets merged, their enthusiasm and our wisdom and experience.
Old Jun 19, 15, 8:43 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by 81romeo View Post
Just boarded.

Lovely MF.
Maybe it's just you. You're very grumpy.

Old Jun 19, 15, 9:02 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
Do MF have to have the cravat folded? There seems to be a lot of WW crew that wear it round their neck with the metal ring thing but at MF they all seem to have it folded, which does look better but must be very uncomfortable when it is hot.
Old Jun 19, 15, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MF have to wear it as a cravat, all the other fleets have a choice of cravat or with a toggle.
Old Jun 19, 15, 9:40 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
Thanks, the reason I ask is that because 2 weeks ago the lady with the silver cravat on a LHR-MAN Shuttle had it with the toggle but the rest had it folded, which surprised me. I am 100% sure on it too. I guess she must be a rebel?
Old Jun 19, 15, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was she operating crew, were they wearing hats?
Old Jun 19, 15, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BA6501 View Post
MF took over ABZ a few months ago.
Well blow me, shows how long since I flew BA from here.
I've never had a bad MF crew - just kinda sloppy and forgetful - but friendliness trumps sloppiness in my book most of the time.
Old Jun 19, 15, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hate it when people make excuses for service failures on any of the fleets, you should expect and receive professional friendly service 100% of the time.
Old Jun 19, 15, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by 81romeo View Post
Just boarded.

Lovely MF.
I can only apologise, there is no excuse for such basic lack of service, not to mention manners!

As CIHY has said, there should be no differentiation on service standards and excuses should not be made. Sadly not all crew are as perfect as the likes of us

D1L

These views are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: