Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways mixed fleet/worldwide fleet

British Airways mixed fleet/worldwide fleet

Old Aug 29, 15, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C View Post
I fly one the routes where I have to, but actually *dread* flying MF on longhaul in premium cabins.

Most recent experience was out to IAD in Club and it was rubbish. If you're lucky, you'll get what the manual tells them to do, slowly. Unlucky, and who knows what type of service you'll end up with.

At least with WW the crew know exactly what they're doing - if you get a crew at their best, then they are superb.
My dearest sir, I am forced to admit
That what you just posted is a load of bullspit!

MF crew know exactly what they should be doing as well as WW. As far as the CAA are concerned, "competent" cabin crew are those with at least three years continuous flying experience and somewhere approaching 60% of Mixed Fleet recruits have previous experience with other airlines.

ALL the MF Customer Service Managers (CSM) and In-Flight Business Managers (IBM) recruited externally have reached the requirements to be considered as "competent".

British Airways, itself, provides an unparallelled level of cabin crew training, not only in the demanding realms of safety, aviation medical and evacuation procedures but also in the cabin service training to equip crew to work confidently on the aeroplane type.

Regardless of age, (and the youthfulness of some of our Mixed Fleet colleagues often belies their ability), they should be able to deal professionally with our customers whether it be a member of our dear Royal Family, a Rock "Super" star, a Captain of Industry or a good old-fashioned backpacker taking a year out from university.

If the service is poor, then that is down to the individual - not the airline and not the Cabin Crew "Fleet" in which they work.
Old Aug 29, 15, 7:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bealine View Post
... Regardless of age, (and the youthfulness of some of our Mixed Fleet colleagues often belies their ability), they should be able to deal professionally with our customers whether it be a member of our dear Royal Family, a Rock "Super" star, a Captain of Industry or a good old-fashioned backpacker taking a year out from university...
Absolutely and that matches my long haul on board First Class experience too. In fact the last 4 Golden Tickets I've given have been to MF crew in their very early twenties. There are some absolute stars in the MF ranks.
Old Jan 23, 16, 5:51 pm

Angry Unfair comments

I am shocked by some of the comments on here and the snobbish way some members have spoken about BA cabin crew as if they are somehow below them. Anyone who would complain about, I quote, "cutlery laid incorrectly, flat champagne later on the flight and table not laid for afternoon tea" should be barred from all BA flights for making such ludicrous comments.

Many of these staff members have degrees and aren't just "straight out of hair and beauty school" as other poster has previously suggested. Yes, WW fleet will obviously be more experienced. New recruits are on a different contract (MF) and will never fly with WW crew as this is being phased out. Therefore, over time, MF will become more competent with experience. I think it is wrong to judge young crew members as everyone has to start somewhere and experience and knowledge is built up over time.

P.S It is no wonder that there are "grumpy crew members" on board. I feel sorry for any crew member who has to deal with some of the people who have commented on this forum.
Old Jan 25, 16, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
WW crew being phased out, nice.
Old Jan 25, 16, 7:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
WW crew being phased out, nice.
Yep, close the door on your way out and turn off the lights please.

Welcome skyflygirl94! Little bit of a rant there to start you off, so you will probably fit in well.

I am always surprised at people here defending poor service. BA state what they offer in their cabins and the service level should be up to that. Ive had great flights and poor on both WW and MF. Age is really no excuse for poor service and at the same time it is no guarantee of good service.
Old Jan 25, 16, 8:33 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by skyflygirl94 View Post
I am shocked by some of the comments on here and the snobbish way some members have spoken about BA cabin crew as if they are somehow below them. Anyone who would complain about, I quote, "cutlery laid incorrectly, flat champagne later on the flight and table not laid for afternoon tea" should be barred from all BA flights for making such ludicrous comments.

Many of these staff members have degrees and aren't just "straight out of hair and beauty school" as other poster has previously suggested. Yes, WW fleet will obviously be more experienced. New recruits are on a different contract (MF) and will never fly with WW crew as this is being phased out. Therefore, over time, MF will become more competent with experience. I think it is wrong to judge young crew members as everyone has to start somewhere and experience and knowledge is built up over time.

P.S It is no wonder that there are "grumpy crew members" on board. I feel sorry for any crew member who has to deal with some of the people who have commented on this forum.
Is 94 the year you were born by any chance!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: